Xbox Series X's game cases needed to get redesigned?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 3 comments

Do you agree?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
Dear petrol heads in Console & PC Gaming board.

When I just looked up DiRT 5's box cover for Xbox Series X and I noticed the logo only says "Xbox" which it will sound confusing for those who are brand new to gaming.

To me, it should have written Xbox Series X instead of just Xbox.
DiRT 5 cover Xbox One and Series X.jpg

When I just looked up DiRT 5's box cover for Xbox Series X and I noticed the logo only says "Xbox" which it will sound confusing for those who are brand new to gaming.

View attachment 940963
It runs on both consoles...

View attachment 940963

Games exclusive to the Series X will probably have a slightly different box I should think. The games that run on both should be familiar so people with the previous console know they can still buy and play it.

This is because there currently are no Series X exclusive games, all of them will also play on Xbox One. When there eventually are some they might change the boxes.

I do agree that the whole 'Optimised for Series X' logo thing is a little confusing to the average consumer, I can imagine a whole load of people will be going into stores asking "Where are the Series X games?".

Back