Xbox to Limit Cloud Gaming Hours by Subscription Tier, But You Can Buy More Hours Too

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 10 comments
  • 1,026 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,508
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine

1788471061288.webp


1788471106878.webp
 
I don't know the percentage of Game Pass customers that have it solely for cloud gaming (and I'm curious if, so far, Xbox Cloud Gaming was the best pick in its thing) but my god 15 hours limit for the highest tier is mad wtf. I thought this was daily but no, it's per month too.
 
So much for me streaming some stuff via my Fire Stick. I'm not paying the current prices for another console. Guess I'm completely out now on the whole Xbox ecosystem.



Whoever approved the timing of this release is a comedy genius.
 
Last edited:
A 15 hour monthly limit is ridiculous, isn't Xbox Cloud Gaming running on Microsoft's own Azure servers anyway?

Even if it turned out that most people don't reach that limit, surely a vague "reasonable usage" quota would've been a smarter PR move than this.
 
The en💩ification continues!

 
Back