XP Required For Each Level

• Thread starter hubble618
  • 274 comments
that is an insane amount of xp points to acquire level 40 status. That would take quite a long time. I am at level 20 now and I gave up on trying to level up since it's such a tedious and repetitive process. Why did PD make it so difficult for us to unlock stuff.

It'll keep you playing. ;) Some people will bitch about it and give up, but most will stick around to unlock the car they want.

Why doesn't someone make a list of all the races, and the Exp given for them? Then average the time it takes to do the race. And then further add an Exp per minute list for each race. This could also be done for how much money(credits) each race gives.

I've done the Grand Valley 300 twice now, once in the 370Z GT Academy version. I think that took about 2hrs 19min ?
I did it again, this time in a Minolta Toyota 88C-V, only took 1hr 45min in that. I'm around 15,000Exp.s away from Lvl 26. So to level up to 26 isn't so bad.
However the other levels coming up.... a different matter perhaps.

Do you get the same amount of XP for both times?

Why doesn't someone make a list of all the races, and the Exp given for them? Then average the time it takes to do the race. And then further add an Exp per minute list for each race. This could also be done for how much money(credits) each race gives.

I'm surprised this hasn't already been done, in fact if you plan on doing it. I'd be glad to help out

For EXP grinding, the 10 lap race around Indy in last Extreme event is better. Including loading takes around 8mins.
For credit grinding, the 5 lap race around Indy in the 7th Extreme event is better. Including loading takes around 5mins.

Based on what others have said above, the Grand Valley 300km takes about 105mins, gives you a little over 100k EXP, so it's going to be less efficient for EXP grinding than the 10 lap race around Indy. Dunno about credit grinding though?

Last edited:
Call us cheaters, call us whatever you'd like. The option to make the game save first of all able to back up like any other game is important.

Second; in this game, it will be very important to make the save file public at one time or another. Let me tell you, 999 out of 1000 players cannot complete the out-of-this-world difficult sebastian vettel challenge for the x1, and that leaves one option...

leveling from 30-40, which is basically pointless. Why you may ask..
Most of the prize cars you get are mediocre, and you only get them once, so you can't sell again for profit. The prize money for the effort and time put into to those endurance races are horrendeous. No other word for it.

Most of the endurance races you will have to do at least twice, or maybe even 3 times to level up on, and going up ABOVE 30, it is just mind-blowing.

To put it into comparison, for me at least.. the effort I presume getting to level 40 A-spec takes, for those of you who have tried world of warcraft, is like getting 10 different characters to level 80.

A slap in the face to even the "above-average" gamer.

No one ENJOYS doing 24 hours races twice, or even more.

And yes, the ultimate goal is to get the elusive X1.

Can't wait for someone to crack or whatever the game save system, so that all of won't have to torture ourselves to get the X1 at one point.

That car is out-of-this-world crazy btw, just from trying it in the vettel challenge.

It all depends on your perspective.
For me, the endurance race itself is the fun, and not that I gained another level.
I'm here to race. I enjoy that I may make a serious mistake and the reward of spending 45 minutes getting back to the top is the reason I'm here.

Remember, this is supposed to be a sim.
I might be alone on that but I doubt it. Not everyone bought the game just to go to level 40 as quick as they could and collect all the cars.

It all depends on your perspective.
For me, the endurance race itself is the fun, and not that I gained another level.
I'm here to race. I enjoy that I may make a serious mistake and the reward of spending 45 minutes getting back to the top is the reason I'm here.

Remember, this is supposed to be a sim.
I might be alone on that but I doubt it. Not everyone bought the game just to go to level 40 as quick as they could and collect all the cars.

completely understand what you're saying :)

Will the amount of XP I earn increase if my car is equal, in terms of power, to my opponents?

Like how GT4's A-Spec points used to work.

It does seem the less powerful your car the more points you get. But to what scale and what extent I don't know. All I know is grinding the 10 lap Indy race gets me less points in the stock Minolta than it does my stealth 787B, but it is a small difference.

Hopefully you get XP (and prize money) for online races after the update. Then I see no problem reaching level 40.

Perhaps there are plans to release events that require a level higher than 40 later on?
But that's some crazy exp getting to 40. I can't see anyone getting to 40 by end of year, well not B-Spec anyways.

Challenge Accepted.

Someone at another forum correlated the xp levels into a graphical representation...

http://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=110658&d=1291372145

What would be more interesting would be to add another scale to that for XP gained from races unlocked at each level. and do a graph of the average xp you can earn from a race at each level, and see if there is a corresponding exponential trend.

I personally think the increase in xp on average per race per level is far less than the increase in xp required to level up per level.

Plan to earn a platinum trophy in GT5:
1. Play and win the lottery
2. Quit my job
3. Play GT5 12 hrs a day.

Simple enough..

im level 37 and Ive been playing the game since the day it came out. isn't that hard to level up. just keep doing races over and over. i just did the nascar Daytona race over and over. easiest race in the game in expert category

If PD ever tweaks the leveling system so it's a little saner, there needs to be an Original Grinder's Club. Those who stuck it out and made it to level 40! :D

Oh well, in the meantime, here's to lots of repetitive racing...

To unlock the X1 challenge, can you do it reaching lvl 30 on B-spec - or do you specifically need to reach level 30 on A-Spec? I was thinking it'll be easier to XP farm on B-Spec.

You'd be faster on a MINI against Bob in the X1 :lol:

regarding that subject, we should be able to run against our own drivers, and teach them a lesson or two .... 👍

B-spec or A-spec level 30 unlocks the challenge.
I'm at B-spec 31, A-spec 10 and its available. The X-1 is also in the dealership but you need to be level 40 to buy it.

I see. I was always under the impression that it was just for A-spec, so thanks for clearing that up.

Either way, getting B-spec to 30 is a struggle too, so it kind of makes a little sense.

Based on the OP calculations, and at the slow rate that i am playing GT5,
(so far at Level 8, i have been doing roughly 1400 XP per week)
it would take me close to 9 years to get to Level 30!!!

Expect my arrival to Level 30 in November 2019!!!
(at the rate of 1400 XP / week) :lol:

And logically Level 40 in November 2114 !
Insane.

Looks to me that i should just pound on GT5 throughout Christmas break if i want to save myself some time. That would be a better alternative that 1400 XP / week.

Back