XP Required For Each Level

• Thread starter hubble618
  • 274 comments
The one thing I do not know, is whether or not this same exact XP level rule can also apply to each B-Spec individual on your team. Though GT5 keeps track of each AI driver's experience, that only gives you their experience bars and not its values.

there is no variance between a and b spec, or indeed between cars.

the only variance seems to be where you place and in the volume of whining and complaining. harden up or go play mario kart.

35 a spec - 38 bspec

the key to finishing the time limit endurance races is this: It doesn't matter how many laps ahead you are or how many laps you have done, it just matters that you come first. For example, drive the x2010 at the 4hr ring race, and you will be lapping in 5:45 ish... the AI goes round about 30% or more slower, so get x number of laps ahead, multiply that by your average lap and park up on the sand for x minutes... the 4 hour race becomes 3 (chair time) leaving you plenty of time for.... well whatever you do in your spare time... do the same maths on the 24 hour circuits....

Last edited:
Hi there, my first post on here so hello to everyone :)

just thought i'd add my 2 pence worth, in regard to the question 'does the XP you earn, differ slightly depending on what car you use?' no it doesnt, ive just ran the 22 lap indy race in the dreamcar championship, once in a Formula Gran Turismo, once in the X2010 and once in a level car with the rest of the field, a Zonda LM Race car, and each race i was awarded 14846 exp points. My apologies if his question had been answered already in this thread, if it has i must have missed it sorry :)

And also, i took a look at the google database B-Spec spreadsheet that was posted a couple of pages back.... for the dreamcar championship it states that the prize money for each race is 22,700, when its 108,000 per race. Dont get me wrong im not being rude in any way, i mean, hats off to the person who slaved for ages making that spreadsheet, but just thought i'd point that little bit out :)

Also the Dream Car Championship pays out an aditional 540,000 for winning, so thats something like 80,000 xp and 1,080,000 for less than 90 minutes. I tend to quit before the last race, as you are guarenteed title by then (worse case scenarion is someone comes 2nd 4 times and wins the race you quit out of - but then you are tied on 400pts and still win the championship, presumably due to winning 4 races to his 1). 60,000+ xp and a touch under 1m credits for a touch under an hours hard work sorry watching TV

Credit payout in enduros is very poor

Early indications are the Aspec endurance race XP has been set so that after doing each race in turn, it opens up the next.

When people quote numbers they really should specify whether it is Aspec or Bspec.

Early indications are the Aspec endurance race XP has been set so that after doing each race in turn, it opens up the next.

I have intentionally ignored the endurance races in hopes that PD would make such an adjustment.

Is there any further proof of this being true?

When will we know if anything changed, in the level up xp,after the latest update?

Just finished a 9 hour race B-Spec

After Patch 1.06

Tsukuba 9-Hour Endurance (B-spec)
Cr. = 186,200
XP = 966,747

Before Patch 1.06 XP 661,144,
After 1.06 XP 966,747

Any other reports for other races?

How much XP are need to get form lvl 35 to 40 in A-Spec? I was thinking it was 5,3mln but its looks like its need 24,4mln.

Just finish 24h LeMans and get 6,8mln XP and jump only 2 lvl , from 35 to 37. I have all others event in gold ( license, races, special events) So what? i must drivie this race 3 times ? No F... Way

What with B-Spec? i allready have 40lvl and to get from 35 to 40 lvl need 24mln ( 12x 24h LeMans) but now we need over 120mln ?!!!!?

WTF !!!!

edit.
my mistake, for A-Spec and B-Spec need the same XP, by still drive 4x 24h LeMans are insane.

Last edited:
i just got to level 40 aspec. whats this about a level 50? is it just to show the math? or do i need to get to level 40 in aspec and bspec before i can try to get to level 41 and higher?

i just got to level 40 aspec. whats this about a level 50? is it just to show the math? or do i need to get to level 40 in aspec and bspec before i can try to get to level 41 and higher?
It's just to show how the formula works, in case it would go up to Level 50. I think the OP didn't know what the maximum Level was yet when he created this.

Capping at level 40?! Pretty interesting. Only the programming hack0rz and manipulators can put you at level 99.

What did you do from lv37? (assuming you did 24hr Le Mans as soon as lv35)

I just did the Nurburgring 4h event in A-spec -> the one for lvl 32

I got about 481.000 credits and
2063947 exp points

i think before it was 491.000 exp points

Thats really good - because i have to do this race 3x and i will get to lvl 40
Then only Nurburgring 24h left

And GT5 is completed 100%

That's great info cos I am in similar position, did all B spec Lvl 40 and A spec to lvl 35, gold in all events, licences, etc, then they up the xp in 1.06!!!!!!!!!!!!.............. I was hoping they would put the game save on endurance in 1.06 so waited on the Le Man 24hr. It hammered my PS3 through B spec, it was on non-stop for a month!

By my calcuilation for winning the LM 24h in A-spec you will get about 13.5 mil exp points or more - now that is a big boost

Hi guys! (and maybe girls, ya never know).
I restarted my game not so long ago due to the fact i felt i wasted too much money and i'm not online however, I went to my mom's and got the update and was wondering.
Am i getting more XP this time round? I seem to levelling up way, way quicker.

So is there a updated grinding chart (1.08 I tihnk) showing the best races to grind out in b-spec and a-spec? The charts I'm finding are outdated.

I think the XP for leveling up and the money earned in races is rediculous. Money earned should be higher, same for XP. Im getting pretty tired of racing my butt off, Im ready to enjoy the cars and effects the game has. It is fun doing official races but it gets old. I know people who have sold their GT5 because it got boring.

Please allow us to pause endurance races and still be able to do other things in GTLife.

Last edited:
GT5 Should look at the Xp they want you to get because to get the final levels you have to do races you have already done over and over which can make people go off the game.To improve on this maybe in a DLC pack they could include more races which are esier to do or less complicated ulike the Seasonal Events which you have to read design your car in some cases to do races which can ruin it.

Back