Xtreme Drift Circuit | Presented by Drop5 | Starts June 14th | Line Video is Live!

• Thread starter fastfox400
  • 49 comments
United States
Say What Again, I dare you!
Fastfox400
Notice: If you dont like mods or dont have anything useful to respond to this thread with STAY OUT! No Drama is wanted or will be accepted!

oEO-tV4J2-rXtMmFW2GbsIZ390vRPDuaN_LaMC-i09XSxyUYxAFKn0x8Y4lzEC0oPi6HnLAQ8S_tiLF6xeJUFYiHHo7nY8etAi3kA2d2hLUy_VKrzed_epLW1byrUg75aVOCdZ0vU7cKAjdawqOyJd2sTbBBfgVGrbksIlzcHRSHq0jRf2iuSNcFm08WjOcrIeveNMGTWAm8wPw59G-7HT_Onh-3VCF7RB-JLscdT4rGyEV1EJaxZEWvJlvJzckemsQY6QGzSZnzvt4FhksI8OeDniAGpmnfbHcYLDXg5060qFlGsVcu8TSiOP54kjt5S2ImECgoDzDogB0qXR5AfCttEKWC3FB7E6BGGO9Jfhy5hoXNgv0vYwh3iuhjBmNSFKfElNotdkINbNzF9v-OGqP10qupDNI9Ig_q6nNflVRFSvTij7HnjbUc5ilu0OEHiA8C5FA-PyS8McSoemIMtj8-mSrCnquKYsqpzk6qPFORwRF3Sl5_0cxCVEFlZ8GyTxS8FbSqG-mMOMtopdcZjeSBujaEyASBK5Ce91hnjlRgMqQNRNm0h_HDbNKRXFjsRbrJ=w1488-h652-l75

Regulations
JDM Only (Hyundai Genesis is allowed)
450 hp CH tires
DT Lobby
First Come, First Served
Top 8
Hybrids allowed*
FR only!

*Hybrids are allowed. No race car chassis' or front downforce. If you are caught to be using either you will be banned from further competitions and your points will voided.

The Mazda Rx7 Spirit R is the only car choice that cant be used.

Information About Xtreme Drift Circuit:

The Xtreme Drift Circuit Championship consists of 7 scheduled events. Drivers compete in a single elimination Top 8 bracket based off registered participants. Drivers individually compete head-to-head against other competitors in single elimination runs on the designated course. Competitors progress through a competition bracket and are awarded points towards the season championship. Head to head Runs are judged and scored based on a number of pre-determined criteria where the higher scoring entrant moves on to the next level of the bracket. Points are awarded based on finishing order and cumulative season points will determine the championship order.

Driver Eligibility:
Must be registered to compete in championship.

Judges:
3 Selected Judges throw Round 1 to Round 7. Two alternate judges will be selected in the
event two judges are on track at one given time.

LINE:
The drift line is defined as the ideal path a vehicle must take on course and is marked by inner clipping points and outer clipping zones. The exact line of each track will be dictated by the judges at each track.

ITEMS THAT CONSTITUTE AN AUTOMATIC ZERO:
Spinning out
Clear and punctuated straightening or losing drift (Losing drift and reinitiating quickly is a major deduction, but not a zero. Judges will determine if an action results in a zero)
Two tires off course

ANGLE:
The maximum drift angle at which a driver can maintain and control.

SPEED:
This is used to the aggressiveness of the driver. Not quite as important in qualifying as the rest of the criteria. But each round will have a run done of overall average speeds that should be exhibited during the overall run. It will be posted with the given line video along with a track map with acceptable speed ranges thru clipping points and zones. They do not have to be exact but should be close.

Lead Car:
The lead car is to drift the course using the line, angle and style as defined by the judges for qualifying.The lead car should driver 90 percent of the time focus specifically on hitting all clipping point and zones with the maximum line, angle and style as possible. Reverse entries are highly frowned upon, in case if a lead driver executes a reverse entry and causes contact due to rapid loss of speed, they will lose advantage.
Follow Car:
The driver must follow the line the lead driver chooses, maintain consistent and larger angle than the lead car and use the vehicles power to maintain consistent and close proximity to the lead car.

Passing:
Passing is allowed anywhere on course as long as the lead car is clearly off the line the judges have specified. Any passing that occurs outside the scope of the aforementioned criteria will be deemed illegal and constitute an equivalence to a zero (0) run. A chase driver will be considered the lead driver once a legal pass has been completed and clearly shows the original chase driver has assumed control as the lead driver.
Tandem Elminations:

Three Judges will observe both runs during a head-to-head battle.At the conclusion of the head to head battle each judge will individually declare a winner.*

*At any point you lag out during your tandem runs, you will get 2 minutes to get back in the lobby. If you fail to do so your opponent will advance.

Last edited:
I'm just curious here...

Why restrict it to JDM when you're using muscle car chassis'? (I know not ALL of you are guilty of it)

Kind of defeats the point... you're just drifting low powered muscle cars, the only JDM thing about it is how the cars look.

I thought it would of been obvious to restrict the chassis' to JDM only but I guess not...

Anyway excuse my "butting in", have fun.

I'm just curious here...

Why restrict it to JDM when you're using muscle car chassis'? (I know not ALL of you are guilty of it)

Kind of defeats the point... you're just drifting low powered muscle cars, the only JDM thing about it is how the cars look.

I thought it would of been obvious to restrict the chassis' to JDM only but I guess not...

Hmmm. . .I believe that's a good point. I'll make sure we talk about it.

Mods are allowed, it for stance. Grip has been removed so that point is invalid. We have tested an The hyundai is allowed.

Mods are allowed, it for stance. Grip has been removed so that point is invalid. We have tested an The hyundai is allowed.

I'm just curious here...

Just to add to this:

If chassis modifications are allowed just for the sake of stance, why even bother allowing it for the competition (save the whole stance thing for photo-mode or whatever)? Why can't it be about how skilled we are in using JDM cars within the restrictions?

Why allow chassis mods if you have to take away grip to equalize the field? We won't actually know if grip was removed or not... only you will.

I'm not trying to hate or dispute the credibility of your tournament, but it's absolutely inconsistent to have a JDM-only competition and allow any kind of chassis underneath it.

Just an opinion. Please don't start a fight with me ._. lolol

Just to add to this:

If chassis modifications are allowed just for the sake of stance, why even bother allowing it for the competition (save the whole stance thing for photo-mode or whatever)? Why can't it be about how skilled we are in using JDM cars within the restrictions?

Why allow chassis mods if you have to take away grip to equalize the field? We won't actually know if grip was removed or not... only you will.

I'm not trying to hate or dispute the credibility of your tournament, but it's absolutely inconsistent to have a JDM-only competition and allow any kind of chassis underneath it.

Yeah, it feels really shady... it's not really a JDM competition when your car is handling like an american muscle car.

/opinion
What if you guys have this interesting conversation on a private chat. Invite everyone who's interested.

Im done. You guys have officially ruined everything that was enjoyable in gt5. The community has gone to crap and everyone takes everything way to far. Thanks the ones who dont know when to leave well enough alone. No one said anything when FDC annouced using hybrids. But when a low hp comps everyone opens their mouth.

So either deal with hybrids and compete or dont compete and keep your 2 cents to yourself.

Im done. You guys have officially ruined everything that was enjoyable in gt5. The community has gone to crap and everyone takes everything way to far. Thanks the ones who dont know when to leave well enough alone. No one said anything when FDC annouced using hybrids. But when a low hp comps everyone opens their mouth. So im done. XDC is canceled

Thanks for completely missing the point.

You guys continue to confuse opinions for attacks, and legitimate discussions for arguments. You set the rules to begin with, we are just trying to clarify your rules to make it fair. Why is it so difficult for you to work with the competitors and make this fun?

And you guys wonder why there are always so much hate and confusion within our community?

GT5 competition was fun for most of us because it was about actually testing skill within the fair restrictions. Once hybrids came in, it was hard to regulate that.

Don't know how much more inoffensive you can state your opinion. Yeah Streeto took it further but in the end this was just his thoughts and he's out of this, ignore him. If he goes on for some reason then just report him.
Nobody has something against hybrids here, the point was the JDM only rule fastfox, that's why people said something. If you quit this just because ''everyone opens their mouth'' I doubt you as a competition host anyway.
I said ''if'', just to make sure you don't take that as an offense, because people take everything as an offense here.

I was just stating flaws in your rules fastfox so you might correct said flaws, but perhaps I was a little too blunt.

No need to play the victim here, continue with your competition we're not trying to stop you.

This is not an attack.

To quote a brilliant line of text from an unrelated conversation I recently had with fellow GTP member @GBO Possum, "Confrontation is perceived by the receiver"

Name one competitive environment where participants don't have a constant back-and-forth discussion with the organizers??

As was mentioned, no one's hating on hybrids. Myself and @fcpmarcus anxiously await the arrival of ours :). The issue is with the JDM restriction...when the only thing that's JDM is the shell (and throw in a Korean car too...Korean, Japanese...all Asians are the same right? Lol that was a JOKE!)

I think the view that most people take is that a competition is about testing skills - which requires an even playing field.

In my HUMBLE OPINION, if you want to have a comp to test skills, don't allow hybrids, as there are too many variables play.

If the goal is to have a comp to see who can build the gnarliest hybrid, then make they the foundation of the comp, and allow all forms of modding - not this pick and chose style.

If the goal is to record some runs of sick ass, stanced, JDM cars, then organize a meet.

Edit: please don't take the last 3 paragraphs as me telling you what to do...they're merely suggestions

Last edited:
To clarify some things:

Yes at first it was JDM only. But upon further discussion we chose to allow the Genesis even tho it is a USDM car.

Hyrbids them selfs are allowed. No discussion needed to complicate things. If you want to use a RX8 with corvette chassis then by all means do it. Its quite simple to understand. Some of the restrictions I forgot to edit to clarify. That was my fault, I am human.. I dont remember everything.

XDC is more of a fun competition then a straight out brawl. So everyone just calm down. You want a drivers battle, I'll give one. But it wont be XDC. Things will not change in XDC and it will continue as planned. I will either host a test comp tonight or next friday night the likes of you would like to see for yourself, things dont exactly work like in GT5 regarding chassis swaps. There is more to it than you think, and I will not go into details on the open forums. If you want to know then pm me.

yea thinks for getting rid of my main car which was the Rx7 Spirit R just because u cry bought to much torque and plus the rx8 is the same way so wats the deal here huh?

Back