ya know what'd be cool?

  • Thread starter Thread starter crimson_menace
  • 24 comments
  • 1,280 views
Messages
1,394
United States
Lost in thought.
Messages
GTP_crimson
okay...the coolest thing of all would be to rally on any course, in any car.
like a mclaren f1 on smokeymountain, or and f1 in the swiss alps.

any news on being able to put dirt tires on street cars? :dunce:
 
I'm guessing it'd work like it did in GT3. Only 4WD cars could have rally tires, but there's a screenshot showing the Viper GTS on the Grand Canyon course.
 
thats nuts...although i could see a rally car or even Group B monster on the street...that would be a formidable foe for sure, but an F1 car in pikes peak? that would be death! ...a quick one albeit.
 
McLaren F1GTR
I'm guessing it'd work like it did in GT3. Only 4WD cars could have rally tires, but there's a screenshot showing the Viper GTS on the Grand Canyon course.
RWD could have rally tires too on GT3.
 
crimson_menace
okay...the coolest thing of all would be to rally on any course, in any car.
like a mclaren f1 on smokeymountain, or and f1 in the swiss alps.

any news on being able to put dirt tires on street cars? :dunce:
That sounds lame. I know you could do it in GT3, but it defeats the purpose of GT$: The Ultimate Driving Simulator. It aims to be realistic. Chucking an F1 around a rally course isn't (unless it's Tarmac Rally, there's shots of a McLaren F1 on Costa di Amalfi, and the BMW V12 LMP on Citta di Aria). So, not for GT4. Not realistic in the least.
 
Do you race?
That sounds lame. I know you could do it in GT3, but it defeats the purpose of GT$: The Ultimate Driving Simulator. It aims to be realistic. Chucking an F1 around a rally course isn't (unless it's Tarmac Rally, there's shots of a McLaren F1 on Costa di Amalfi, and the BMW V12 LMP on Citta di Aria). So, not for GT4. Not realistic in the least.

Why isn't it realistic? couldn't you take your Mc F1 on a rally course if you owned it? I believe the best games are the ones who let the player choose for himself, rather then limit him/her to some stupid pre-made laws. Its not like allowing a FPS game player to shoot through walls, really. A car is a car, and a road is a road. Let it be at that. my 2cents.
 
Maybe Crimson_Menace is talking about this because he may have seen a Dodge Viper rallying in GT4: "Prologue" at Grand Canyon. I think I seen highlights of the Pikes Peak rally one year, and included was a recent-model Mustang tuned to take on the famed hillclimb. I think it looked too much like a stock car, but nonethless, even muscle and pony cars can rally. Don't forget, you can rally race a Mustang and a Camaro in GT2 (never tried in GT3) on the rally courses, pending you have rain tires. I think I rally raced a Gillet Vertigo in GT3 once. Of course, I don't like RWD in rally because while oversteer is easy, you don't really get the control as you would with 4WD. And that's just my views. So that's why I wouldn't want to rally with the Lancia Stratos.

I'm pretty sure that circuit racing cars probably wouldn't fare well off road because normally off-road, you put them off-course, well, let's say your machine doesn't make a nice hovercraft.
 
RedOak
Why isn't it realistic? couldn't you take your Mc F1 on a rally course if you owned it? I believe the best games are the ones who let the player choose for himself, rather then limit him/her to some stupid pre-made laws. Its not like allowing a FPS game player to shoot through walls, really. A car is a car, and a road is a road. Let it be at that. my 2cents.
No, I mean your Formula 1 cars. THAT isn't realistic.
 
In Gt4p you can not only drive the Grand Canyon course with 4wd cars but with a viper or something too...
 
I must say I'm not particularly interested in rallying in GT4 in *any* car, let alone a viper. I always found rallying just felt wrong in GT3, it should feel like your tyres are digging into the softer surface, but it just feels like you're floating over the surface instead. I enjoyed getting all-golds in every license in GT3, except for the Rally License, which was a bore (fortunately it was easier than the US version).

I will give rallying a go, but unless it's much improved, I wont spend much time on it.
 
In prologue you can drive most road cars on Grand Canyon.:)
 
I would like to see every car rallying. RWD and AWD cars each have there advantages and disadvantages. RWD you can enter a turn with more speed and brake later but it is much harder to get the car to plant.
 
yeah, lets get an F1 on gravel too....
people here are out of ideas on what to start a thread with, seriously.
 
It would be bit silly to want to be able to do this in a game if you could not do it in real life.....remember its 'the real driving simulator'.....cool=yes real=no

although......I wonder how long a Mclaren F1 would last on pikes peak.....seriously.....10 minutes?!!! :lol:
 
A McLaren F1 would last on some parts of Pikes Peak.
In 1 corner, a few years ago, a driver came around the turn, but his front right caught the part where the hill started to go up, and ended up in causing him to try and slide back into the turn. Instead, he drifted off the course in a bank, and slammed into some trees. Only good and bad news. Good, the trees kept from going near the cliff. Bad, he died on impact of the trees.

The point is, the part he was on, was more of a soft dirt part. Yes, I feel sad, and I'm sure you do to.

Anyways, what was said above earlier, I agree. The courses ALL felt like you were driving on hard compact dirt that seemed more like tarmac with some harden dirt on it. You're tires never really hit something soft. You're car never dipped on a straightaway unless it was a bump, or a curve. I hope that changes in GT4.
 
actually, in gt3, the citroen rally car was front wheel drive, i think the capacity to buy rally tires was either inherit in the car or had to do with ground clearance.
 
I took my fully modded Mini and put dirt racing tires on it. Ill try to beat the impreza with it. The mini is FF.
 
McLaren pulled a stunt a few years ago
Formula 1 driving on ice
Used to have it on video but that long gone now.

I would be happy if Polyphony worked a bit more
on the rally part or drop it all together cause what we
have right now is nothing more then a bunch of spot races.

There are some cars in GT3 that you can put rally tires that
feel out of place in a rally. The Tickford V8 comes to mind.
 
Nah I don't like the sound of it. I mean I used the Tickford Falcon on rally courses. It was fun for 5 minutes, then went gay.
 
yeah that about says it all.. fun for a while then its just retarded
 
dudes, a heavily modified and relatively old Formula One car was competing THIS YEAR at Pikes Peak hill climb, and it was doing damn fine. why couldn't we do that then?
 
robin2223
It would be bit silly to want to be able to do this in a game if you could not do it in real life.....remember its 'the real driving simulator'.....cool=yes real=no

although......I wonder how long a Mclaren F1 would last on pikes peak.....seriously.....10 minutes?!!! :lol:


Why couldn't you do it in real life? If I owend a Mclaren F1 and a dirt track no one could stop me from going off road if I wanted to.
 
PhatFat
Why couldn't you do it in real life? If I owend a Mclaren F1 and a dirt track no one could stop me from going off road if I wanted to.

i would hurt u if u id that in real life. that car is a work of art !
 
PhatFat
Why couldn't you do it in real life? If I owend a Mclaren F1 and a dirt track no one could stop me from going off road if I wanted to.

I ment to be able to physically do it........like it wouldnt be able to cope with the terrain! What you do with your own Mclaren F1 is entirely up to you :D .....although don't cry when you see your drivetrain in your rearview mirrior after it has been ripped off the car by a huge rock! :scared:
 
DriftR55
i would hurt u if u id that in real life. that car is a work of art !


Dont hurt me!!!! I would never do it I was just saying it is possible in a sick twisted way.
 
Back