Yas Marina Abu Dhabi Attempt/discussion/Other tracks

Canada
London, ON
A_Mindful_Place
Hello everyone, been awhile since I've posted on this site. I've finally found a little reason to put GT6 back into the PS3. The course creator really had me curious. Below you can see my best trace attempt of Yas Marina. If you wish to download it and try please feel free to send me a friend request as I have shared it online.

My problems with the creator is mostly scale, and sharpness of turns. As you can see, my picture follows the circuit pretty closely but not 100% in the sharper corners. I'm hoping I'm missing something to change this, or an update allows sharper corners.

Scale is pretty off as my track is 1.5km longer than the actual circuit. I do have a wish for an update and that's: let us create our track shape, and let us tell the game how long to make the track. So I would simply be able to draw a circuit and plunk in a desired length and that would hopefully scale it accordingly.

I'm not too worried about having my Yas Marina in a German field, but I'd really like a way of scaling a completed track.

I guess as I write this, I'd like to be able to have the track different widths throughout the circuit. If there's a way to do this, please let me know.

All in all, I'm very happy with the update and plan on making lots of fantasy tracks.

Is there anyway to race these online with friends?

image.jpg

Hello everyone, been awhile since I've posted on this site. I've finally found a little reason to put GT6 back into the PS3. The course creator really had me curious. Below you can see my best trace attempt of Yas Marina. If you wish to download it and try please feel free to send me a friend request as I have shared it online.

My problems with the creator is mostly scale, and sharpness of turns. As you can see, my picture follows the circuit pretty closely but not 100% in the sharper corners. I'm hoping I'm missing something to change this, or an update allows sharper corners.

Scale is pretty off as my track is 1.5km longer than the actual circuit. I do have a wish for an update and that's: let us create our track shape, and let us tell the game how long to make the track. So I would simply be able to draw a circuit and plunk in a desired length and that would hopefully scale it accordingly.

I'm not too worried about having my Yas Marina in a German field, but I'd really like a way of scaling a completed track.

I guess as I write this, I'd like to be able to have the track different widths throughout the circuit. If there's a way to do this, please let me know.

All in all, I'm very happy with the update and plan on making lots of fantasy tracks.

Is there anyway to race these online with friends?

View attachment 454500
The track is almost perfect for me! I have sent you a friend request ;)👍

Yas Marina in Germany...that would get rid of that Sand HELL Weather :lol:

Sending you a FR Soon...i guess i could get back the 2010-2013 Track sharing in GT5...

I think the track in general is very good. However, if it is possible, I would like for you to make each of the chicanes tighter. In a FGT car, I can often take the first part of the triple chicane in third and properly slow down for the 2nd part.

Any possible way to counter the scale?

There is. Select a track map from Google with a scale on it. Save the picture. Zoom in on the editor until the scale (bottom right) reads to a suitable unit (I used 200ft). Then import the map and scale the picture until the maps scale is approximately the right size.

I did the Goodwood revival course and was only 0.05miles out overall (although the pitlane had to go on the back straight as it was too long to go in the correct location)
Then I used a Google earth screen grab to make a few small corrections
250px-Goodwood_track_map.svg.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-22-18-16.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-20-50-59.png

Can you somehow mirror the last half of the TG TT layout so that the follow-through is a left right instead of a right-left and the alst two corners are a series of right-handers??

you don;t need to FR to get teh tracks

Yeah, I read that thread on here. Still dont understand it...I would still need the persons PSN ID..also, where in the world do I put the PSN ID when I have it, where do I get it even? I am not PS3 savy at all, infact I only use the PS3 for GT6 period.

Read the first post of the thread, it gives clear instructions.
and makes it super simple to do on your PC.

you don;t even need the PS3 on to save tracks to your PSN account initially

Downloading Others' Tracks (Without FR!)

Step 1. Find the track creator's exact PSN ID (case sensitive).
Step 2. Copy and paste https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/PSNID/course/ into your web browser's address bar. (The creator does NOT have to be your friend.) Where it says "PSNID", replace that with the creator's PSN ID.
gt6cm3-png.454668

Step 3. Hit enter.
Step 4. You should now be on the user's shared tracks page.

Here is the link with my own PSN ID entered in

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/RobUrabus/course/

OP Yas Marina track above is 7019 meters long!!

If anyone is interested, two nights ago i was able to make a spot-on Yas Marina 5554 meters long just like the real thing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/yas-marina-5554-meters.2353/

Due to positioning of the main home straight,i could not replicate the final corners... I will do a version 2 to fix that, then it will be 98% correct.

For More details, check out my discussion thread before downloading the track

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/yas-marina-5554-meters.2353/

Last edited:
Back