Yeah, right...

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 51 comments
Australia
Melbourne
GTPr01 (GT); TheGTAFather (GTA)
What you are about to read will shock you (to hysterical laughter most likely):
Worldcarfans.com
If you love the Tata Nano but hate its slow performance, DC Design wants to talk to you.
The Indian design house has announced plans to create a modified Nano that will have a top speed of 200 km/h (124 mph) - almost twice that of the original. You'd figure this increase in performance would only cost you a couple thousand dollars, right? Try $220,000!
This insane figure will get you a Nano equipped with a 1600cc engine (which replaces the 33 hp 624cc two-cylinder), an aggressive body kit, a revised suspension, better brakes, and 20-inch wheels.
According to Dilip Chhabaria, head of DC Design, "We would like to keep the cost low but with the technology and the amount of work we will be putting into the car, the 10 million rupee ($220,000 dollars) price tag will be justified."
Due to the massive price tag, Chhabaria believes DC Design will only be able to sell two to five Nanos a year.
Other recent DC Design concepts to emerge from the Delhi Auto Expo include the Imperator and Ying Yang.

lowphotos

This seems like it could be a clever marketing ploy, for I will sh** bricks if this sells in any volume greater than zero.

It'd be cheaper just to throw a Hayabusa engine in it, and probably faster to boot.

I mean, for that price, I'd expect a top speed of WELL over 200 mi/h, an all- fiberglass body on a carbon tub, and a ferrari engine. At current, you could buy a V6 Mondeo, and outrun it. This may be the most expensive piece of Rice ever.

If ANYONE now says that the LF-A is overpriced, I am going to redirect them to this page. $220k for a rice bubble. :lol: I'd rather get a V8 Vantage + Cygnet and still have roughly $50k to spend on the Cygnet!!

They've missed April Fools Day by a good few months.

I think someone must have been taking something quite strong when they turned the world's cheapest new car into something that expensive. Complete waste of time, money and effort.

Finally, something that tops those people that put two year old games on ebay for $80.

According to Dilip Chhabaria, head of DC Design, "We would like to keep the cost low but with the technology and the amount of work we will be putting into the car, the 10 million rupee ($220,000 dollars) price tag will be justified."
I would love to know what they did to it that could justify such a price tag.

Will 20 inch wheels even fit? HAHAHA.....

Nope, but 20 inch Wheels (not rims) will, i guess. They're trying to make you think 20 inch rims though, but if you've seen the car you should realise they wouldn never fit.

The worlds cheapest/worst car tuned, wait no its not tuned, it was made a tiny bit more capable and even uglier. That kind of upgrade should only add like ten rupees to the price.

I bet I could build that same thing for $10,000.

Including the car! :lol:

Who on Earth has $220,000 and would decide "Hmm, this looks like a good deal to me. The base model is only about $8,000, the upgrades are definitely worth it and a better value than anything else I can afford..."

Nope, but 20 inch Wheels (not rims) will, i guess. They're trying to make you think 20 inch rims though, but if you've seen the car you should realise they wouldn never fit.

Huh? :confused:

Maybe it's a way to determine who has gone crazy? If anyone buys one, it's out with the straitjacket.

:D

Thing is, you're all forgetting one major factor. Indian's are very proud of anything Indian. This will sell.

Yet these are the people running Jaguar...hmm.

To be fair to Ratan Tata, he's doing quite a good job with Jaaaaaag.

Plus, the Nano we're all mocking isn't Tata's own handiwork, it's some tuning company.

Thats what I meant, how can you do such a good job in one area but not another? But I guess it is some tuning company, like you said.
I applaude Tata for their work with Jaguar and I always shake my head at those who mock such ownership (like they were better off under Ford or Leyland?).

Thats what I meant, how can you do such a good job in one area but not another? But I guess it is some tuning company, like you said.

Exactly, it's just a tuning company doing a properly awful job.

I'd personally say that it's a little narrow minded saying that the Nano itself isn't a good job, given that it's probably up there with the Ford Model T and Austin Seven/Morris Mini in terms of significance. The Nano itself isn't just a good job, it's a staggering job. I'd be inclined to go with Steve Cropley on that one...

Exactly, it's just a tuning company doing a properly awful job.

I'd personally say that it's a little narrow minded saying that the Nano itself isn't a good job, given that it's probably up there with the Ford Model T and Austin Seven/Morris Mini in terms of significance. The Nano itself isn't just a good job, it's a staggering job. I'd be inclined to go with Steve Cropley on that one...

*emvid*

I gotta say, I was sold when I saw him throw the damn thing around the corner. Now I want one with a Four.

Back