You CAN do a standing burnout!!!!

• Thread starter ekuebler
  • 36 comments
Indeed, but I'd like to know exactly how to pull off a standing burnout, where you don't need to do a stoppie (this being the whole point of the thread). We've already proven the stoppie method is easy.

Can anyone explain it properly? I might have to assume anyone who has stated they've done a proper standing smokin' burnout (without doing a stoppie) has been talking baloney unless many many people begin to say they've actually been able to get it to work.

I've tried every combination of settings/bikes and control input, to no avail. A bit of slow wheelspin, then it dies. Certainly no smoke. I'm not at all satisfied doing it by pulling a stoppie first.

what about the rider form this could be effecting the outcome, mabe if you move the rider further forward on the seat and had him lean more...?

godzilla_GTR
what about the rider form this could be effecting the outcome, mabe if you move the rider further forward on the seat and had him lean more...?
Yep, logical idea. Tried it, it didn't do anything significant with what happens for me. I've totally run out of things to try!

Ive been trying, and now I officially don't believe its possible to do a proper standing still burnout (that you can keep going without the revs dieing)

I will only believe it if someone posts a video of them doing it.

I notice if you are cornering you can get wheelspin but as soon as you straighten up the magic automatic TCS cuts in and stops it completely, when you are doing a standing burnout this TCS is stopping it.

James2097
I'm not at all satisfied doing it by pulling a stoppie first.
No, it's not a true standing burnout, but it is good for pics. *shrug*

VIPERGTSR01
Ive been trying, and now I officially don't believe its possible to do a proper standing still burnout (that you can keep going without the revs dieing)
Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I have been able to do it by getting the bike rocking just enough for the rear tire to come off the ground, but that's basically the same as the stoppie meathod.

I also just recently figured out how to smoke (lock up) the front wheel while doing a stoppie:sly: ;)

VIPERGTSR01

When I first inferred certain people (mmm perhaps the thread starter) might be talking baloney...
I was being polite. I don't believe it for a second that you can do a big smokin' burnout from standstill with both wheels (and a foot) on the ground during the whole procedure, as supposedly explained in this thread.

I call absolute BS on the whole thing. I reckon all burnout pics posted have been taken using the stoppie method. I'd love to be proved wrong, but something tells me this won't happen.

try this one in the super speedway with a 1000 and hards (pro mode) go to the smaller turn go to top and turn 90 degrees so you are facing the iner wall and let it go down hill then hit the front brake rev out in stoppe and hold

Back