You know you are obsessed when...

• Thread starter ZZII
  • 52 comments
Originally posted by Driftster
I have 3 PS2's 1 of which is out of commision and I have it hanging on my wall from 4 longer screws one is a NTSC versions and the other is also the "universal version" I heard sega was making a game titled auto modelista in 2000 and the next day went to GameStop to reserve it, they had no idea what it was So i MADE them MAKE a spot on their computer leaving the date as "TBA" and got the first copy to be released in Arizona. I drove to Utah to get a "Blue CD" version of GT3. I have 5 Sega Dreamcasts, 2 I use for Arcade style Sports games, 1 for Arcade fighting games and 1 for Arcade shooters. I Still play my SNES daily, and have one of my NES' Still wrapped in it's original packaging.

You what? Five dreamcasts? WHY? Are you mad? What the hell is wrong with you?

You start inserting the smiley face pic code every where out side of gtplanet and know what knows what the hell your doing.

Obsessed, OBSESSED! I'll tell you obsessed, my PS2 is only running because I jammed a popsicle stick and an old playing card in there because I refuse to let that ting die when I don't have the money for a new one! That's obsessed!!!1

you people really are obsessed. The only story i can tell is, well more understandable than all your stories:

In Baghdad my team leader had his PS2 mailed over. I think it was one of the originals. It was like 3 years old already, and he had it when he was in Korea for 8 months also. this was the machine's 3rd time being shipped across the world. Well, it gets pretty dusty in Baghdad as you can imagine. Especially when the windows in the living room of the 'apartment' (lived in former Rep. Guard barracks) were gone and we had some plywood blocking the wholes. Doesn't keep the dust out to well. Anyways, it finally started to die on us. But because we became so dependent on it to keep us sane, it got taken apart like 3 or 4 times so we could clean it. It decided to just stop playing certain games towards the end. But it finally did die. It was sad. we were bored again. But i think he, my team leader, sold it to our Iraqi electricians for like 20bucks.

hmmmmmm, i wonder what a broken ps2 would fetch in the baghdad'i black market? lol

you know your obsessed when you knock back a bit of lov'in from your girlfriend!

"just 1 more race honey!!"

Originally posted by boone_501

you know your obsessed when you knock back a bit of lov'in from your girlfriend!

Ok, see, that's beyond obsessed. Your judgement is seriously clouded. GET HELP!

hhaahaha.... so funny

Im pretty obsessed with GT3 cause i've got 773 days on GT3.

Ive restarted and reached over 70% three times in GT2. (GT2 was much bigger than GT3 btw)

I modded my PS2 just to play GT4P and I beat half the game (all tests on the first page) in one sitting.

Yea, i know its sad but i bet there are sadder people out there than me. :) hopefully...

Originally posted by 87chevy
you people really are obsessed. The only story i can tell is, well more understandable than all your stories:

In Baghdad my team leader had his PS2 mailed over. I think it was one of the originals. It was like 3 years old already, and he had it when he was in Korea for 8 months also. this was the machine's 3rd time being shipped across the world. Well, it gets pretty dusty in Baghdad as you can imagine. Especially when the windows in the living room of the 'apartment' (lived in former Rep. Guard barracks) were gone and we had some plywood blocking the wholes. Doesn't keep the dust out to well. Anyways, it finally started to die on us. But because we became so dependent on it to keep us sane, it got taken apart like 3 or 4 times so we could clean it. It decided to just stop playing certain games towards the end. But it finally did die. It was sad. we were bored again. But i think he, my team leader, sold it to our Iraqi electricians for like 20bucks.
groaning: Ooooh, you foool. If Iraq gets a hold of that they will create a super-nuke to destroy us all!! :lol: j/k. ;)
well my GT3 game hasn't left the tray in well over a year, and i did....
*The Polyphony Cup 17 times in two weeks. (including winning in the 427 Cobra. :eek:
*The Miata, 2hrs of Rome and Trial Mtn in one week.
*Did said above 2hrs of Rome and Miata enduro in one night.
*The last three statements were done all last month :eek:

i just now reached 50% last night. I"ve been playing the game for what, 2years? not counting the year i was overseas of course. Yesterday was the first time i ever ventured into arcade mode:eek: GASP! and i just got my first F1 car, the F687/S by beating Seatle enduro. I'm now basically cheating with the F687/s and using it to beat the Pro league GT Allstars series. I tried it before with my 787B and ended up Tying in points with that Damned R390!!!:irked: :mad: :banghead: But now i'm going to slaughter them all!

I have to admit I did that one, too.:embarrassed: I used the F090/s, though. I sold it recently, it had over 1,500 miles on it.

I have the blue disc, but no case, so I told my friend that I wanted his red case.
He said he'd give it to me if I drank the remaining half of a bottle of soy sauce in his fridge.

I agreed and followed through, thinking he would just give me the case.

He gave me the game as well because he never played it.

boone_501

Been there, done that...

Since July 11, 2001 (GT3 was released in Ky).....

One PS2 (recently overhauled by Sony), One game (DUH-GT3), second G/F (first one got tired of competiting for my time---with a video game).....

Three national GT3 tournament appearances... NYC, Philly, Dallas...

Chicago on June 19

Obsessed, maybe?

Huh? Wot? GT2 was not bigger than GT3. Sure it had more cars, but hardly anywhere near as many events. And if you;re talking about getting a certain % figure, then GT2 is way smaller than GT3. As for Jetboys427, that is suicidal. That's 6411 laps you know!! I'm amazed you beat it in the cobra though, that thing is on grease!! As for 700ish days, that's not obsessed!! I've got that many days and I'm not obsessed!! I only really played the game for an hour or so per week average. it's now less though, with the arrival of GT4:P.

I do admire obsessed people though. For i know there are people less sane than me. That gives me relief.

I'm not suicidal. I'm just bored. Is 945 days too much? Oh, and off topic, I got the Subie 360 over 145 m.p.h. Is that obsession too? :lol:

Miles per hour. I had to use the Motorsportsland break-away trick to do it. I also got the GT-One to go 647, a Pleo 152 and my baby, (427/435 '69 stingray,) to do 242. That's pretty bad when you can get a musclecar that's almost as fast as the 'Scudie.

Back