You know you've grown attached to your car when...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Balocco
  • 34 comments
  • 4,904 views
Messages
273
A big part of the GT games is the way you grow attached to certain cars in your garage. After all, you've turned them from embarrassingly slow econoboxes into unholy monsters of sheer, unbeatable speed, using suspension setups and gear ratios that work for your driving style and nobody else's. GT5 is no different, so, what are the things you've done that made you realize that you've started to grow attached to your car? To start, you know you've grown attached when...

...You buy another car, one which you don't even want, just so you can apply its paint color to your car.
...You flinch every time you watch your B-Spec driver manhandle it into a wall.
...You change the oil after every race, and get upset when the game tells you that you don't need to wash it.

What about you guys?
 
i was thinking the oil one also.

...you duck for cover when the AI swerves in front of you
...you talk your car through a race, and praise it when it finishes a lap of the Nordshleife in one piece
...get annoyed when your racing the same model car, like no-one else can own your car
 
You know you've grown attached to your car when...

...you ask it's opinion about which mods to buy and then believe it replied to you.
...you disagree with it's choice and argue with it.
...you drive another car and feel bad for leaving your car in the garage all alone.

And this one is something I've been wanting to do for a long long time. :p

...said car was originally your GT4 baby and you've rebuilt it in GT5. :D
 
I just spent every credit I had on my R34. The thing is a beast took it online and saw a few GTP members...I easily whipped the R8 and a 458.
 
i was thinking the oil one also.


...you talk your car through a race, and praise it when it finishes a lap of the Nordshleife in one piece


I do this one, usually when the wheels are spinning up, "Sit down!"
 
you know you've grown attached when...

you would not even trade it in for a X1
 
I have a Chevrolette Convertible that I spent two hours with in photo mode :drool:
 
When you call that Gallardo you just passed up in your Silvia an ugly waste of car.
 
You know you love your car when you take an hour taking one picture
 
...you talk your car through a race, and praise it when it finishes a lap of the Nordshleife in one piece

Alternately:

...you take it personally when your car fails you in some way.

"After all I've done for you, all those new parts, THIS is how you repay me."
 
When you do 10 laps of Special Stage 7 just 'cruising' with the others.
 
...its awful exhaust note, which sounds like a stadium full of vuvuzelas and is currently driving your significant other insane, is more akin to Debussy to your ears.
 
Currently attached to a S2000 which is an animal with slight mods...in B-Spec the driver wound me up by continually trying to drift round the Tsukuba track and losing it...waiting to get my hands on the R34 :)
 
I've been blasting expletives at AI-Drivers who graze my NSX. That Rossa Scuderia paint-job was expensive!

I also full-body wince -- with expletives -- when I don't hit my braking points and find myself heading off-track into a barrier.

:grumpy:
 
I just bought a 240Z and I felt bad when I ploughed hard into the back of the slow AI. Even though I haven't unlocked damage yet, I had a "oh crap!" moment. I feel like the car has been tarnished even though it's in my head.
 
...You buy an EXTREMELY expensive car, just to get a rare color for your car.
...A little bit of you dies on the inside every time you get a scratch on your car because some DOUCHEBAG AI DRIVER decides to give you a love tap on the back of your car and send you flying around.
 
When you shout out a ton of expletives directed at yourself as your over-zealous approach into a tight corner sees your lap time ruined and more importantly your cars front bumper and wing bent out of shape
 
Man I felt terrible when the B-Spec driver crashed into a wall with my McLaren MP4, with over 750 horses.

Terrible. He drove drifting every corner with a cloud of smoke. ROFL, he's terrible.
 
When you mod it out so much that it beats cars three times as expensive (My Civic :D)
 
You kiss the screen good night and feel sad you have to sleep without your car. :(
 
When you mod it out so much that it beats cars three times as expensive (My Civic :D)
In the end you lose cause your car is a ugly piece of junk.. :crazy:
 
In the end you lose cause your car is a ugly piece of junk.. :crazy:

To each his own, the cars that do it for me are hot hatches, historical beasts, heavy sedans and saloons and "blank canvases" (if you know what I mean).
 
....you find PD have.....

.....Included two of the Cars you've Wanted to Drive forever
......you Save Every Credit you Can to Buy them
......then you spend Every Credit you can Get Buying Every Single Thing you from the Tuning Shop
.......You Body Paint it Three Times
.......Post Endless Photo's of it
Ahrweiler-TownSquare_3.jpg

......Finally your so fed up with your Bad Driving Skills you Hope buying a Decent Wheel will help.........
DFGT.jpg

......I'm now Officially Broke Till 2011 in Real Monetary Terms.......
......Game Wise i've got 940 Credits left :dopey:
 
When you see the b-spec replay, and got the feeling "its my son out there...so proud" ;;
 
When you see the b-spec replay, and got the feeling "its my son out there...so proud" ;;

Totally agree. My Guy is W.Blackburn (Awesome name, huh?)

And when you spend a Bucketload o' cash on one little car, just so your B-Spec Bob can bring Gold home..... Just to find out the AI has aswell. ><

Anyway, he's meet and beat a driver named K.Yamauchi! :D
 
....you find PD have.....

.....Included two of the Cars you've Wanted to Drive forever
......you Save Every Credit you Can to Buy them
......then you spend Every Credit you can Get Buying Every Single Thing you from the Tuning Shop
.......You Body Paint it Three Times
.......Post Endless Photo's of it
...
......Finally your so fed up with your Bad Driving Skills you Hope buying a Decent Wheel will help.........

......I'm now Officially Broke Till 2011 in Real Monetary Terms.......
......Game Wise i've got 940 Credits left :dopey:

Loved your post made!!!

...you upload a youtube video of a crash that you know nobody else actually really cares about but you thought was impressive so must show it to the world.
 
....when your at work worrying about the damage bill for your that slight misjudgement you made last night when you found the barrier.

....when you actually try to explain it to someone in the real world and then you smack them for saying you don't really drive one!!
 
When you see the b-spec replay, and got the feeling "its my son out there...so proud" ;;

Every time hahaha I named mine F.Dumas, after my experiences with GT4 I figured I'd be calling him that anyway.

...When you drive to go pick up GT5 and can't wait to get home so you can drive that exact same car in a video game.
 
Back