You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rue
  • 6,325 comments
  • 1,291,033 views
-> ...
Never knew they made a 2014 RAV4 EV, only thought they made a first gen. Only available in California like the old one of course.
^ Fun fact, Toyota collaborated with Tesla (yes, THAT Tesla) on building its EV motor, battery pack, and assembly at the ex-NUMMI plant at Fremont, CA. Yup, this RAV4 was made alongside with the already popular Model S! Cool factor went up 1/2 a point!
 
-> Here's a car I discovered while reading about the Fiat 124 Spider "Abarth" package:

Fiat Barchetta Coupe by Maggiora '96
upload_2016-3-22_22-23-31.png


upload_2016-3-22_22-23-50.png


^ Sadly this project is a 1 of 1 affair and this very car was sold to a private party. :(
 
^ Never mind the doors, what about the body flex!?
 
image.jpg
Wait, Daimler is a brand?
And hold on, is that a Jaguar I just put up? And I thought Chrysler was bad at rebranding sometimes.
 
It would be great to see them return with a Daimler to rival the Continental Flying Spur. I don't like the looks of the current XJ, so something more traditional would be a pleasant return to form.
 
I am wondering what is happening to Daimler. I always thought that it's German lol. Why is such marque so non existant today? Is it because Jaguar owns it or it's simply too weak for a long time, long before Jaguar touched it. I always thought that Jaguar as a company got discriminated while owned by Ford. I guess that no company isn't that good either. Did they really produce just couple of rebadged Jaags?
 
lol there are multiple Daimlers, I mixed it with german one. But it's sad that it fell from being a royal car to trim level of ageing XJ. I guess that this company struggled with tax and simply didn't make the right cars. I don't think thare was and is a conspiracy against Daimler because of that lol. At least now it's not used anymore. I hope we'll see it revived as more independent company. Thanks God for Tata, it really did help/allow Jaguar to find itself too, unlike Ford which forced old Mondeo platform on X-Type. (XJ, XF and obviously XKRS and F Types are by far better cars than anything in Ford period. Altough I still like them too.)
 
^ Also known as the Delica in JDM-land & L300 for the rest of the world.
 
Iso rivolta

1g_312.jpg
4931477395_e42d782273_b.jpg
Hadn't heard of ISO Rivolta, or hadn't heard of the IR?
More like Iso Rivolting
:grumpy:

I'm curious, though--what's wrong with it that isn't wrong with, say, a Ferrari 250 GT 2+2? Or would you find that equally unappealing?
 
This, Opel Astra Cabrio that was designed by Bertone.
OPELAstraCabriolet-2909_5.jpg
 
The only conspiracy is that most Brits seem to call it Dame-ler and not Dime-ler.
This, Opel Astra Cabrio that was designed by Bertone.
OPELAstraCabriolet-2909_5.jpg

Did you already know of the coupe version?
 
VXR
Did you already know of the coupe version?
Yes, but I didn't think to check wikipedia to find out that there was a convertible version.
 
VXR
Brits seem to call it Dame-ler and not Dime-ler.
A contentious relationship it is between those Brits and Germans.
 
A contentious relationship it is between those Brits and Germans.

I wrote that and left it as a draft on my phone? I wonder if it posted that when I posted my reply about the Astra on my iPad?!

Edit: oh, I see it at the top of my post. That's enough internet for today.
 
1989 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8 Rallye
rallye1.jpg


Rally Homologation Golf with 4 wheel drive and a 1.8 Supercharged Straight 4 engine producing 161HP. Costed the same as a base GTI in Germany.

Ruined by the G-Loader. But soooooooooooooo much fun to drive. Even better, there are 210hp versions build. Absolute madness.
 
Probably not that one, if the Corrado with the same engine is any indication.
No as the whole line up Golf is best Golf. I simply can't find any version boring altough this 1.8 Rallye is kinda ugly
 
The G-lader sounded interesting, I recall being keen on spotting G40 Polos and G60 Golfs/Corrados.
 
VXR
The G-lader sounded interesting, I recall being keen on spotting G40 Polos and G60 Golfs/Corrados.

It was interesting. Major flawed in the G60, but absolutely brilliant in the G40.

The G60 was stretched beyond the capability of the design and just destroyed itself over time.
 
Back