You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Saw this 80's box for the first time parked near work.

Fiat Regata (the one I saw being the Regata 70)

fiat-regata-138-%5B2388%5D.jpg

Allard M-Type
Allard_M-Type_Drophead_Coupe_1948.jpg

ARO 10.3
23851427383_d336a4a832_b.jpg

DR DR 5
10941805_1.jpg

Innocenti Mini Diesel
Innocenti_990_diesel_SL_front.JPG

LUAZ 967
20140515keteltu-autok6.jpg

Amphibous! :D

Aleko 2141
moskvitch-2141-aleko1.jpg

Ligier Ambra
media.jpg

Shuanghuan CEO 2.4
BIG_0009361140.jpg

Felino CB7
105262_source.jpg

Humber Super Snipe V
Humber_Super_Snipe_Series_V_July_1966_2965cc_next_to_slightly_older_Super_Snipe.JPG

Jiangling Landwind
Jiangling-Landwind_mp596_pic_27325.jpg

Geo Metro (Totally not a Suzuki)
1200px-97_Geo_Metro.jpg

Excalibur Phaeton
maxresdefault.jpg

DKW F91
DKW-F91_Front-view.JPG

Microcar Virgo
252_1.jpg

Matra Baaghera (Does it have something to do with our mountain?)
1200px-Matra_Bagheera_arrives_at_Schaffen-Diest.JPG

Phew, could somebody give me a cookie?

More soon!
The spoiler is definitely appreciated. Spread the word.

;)

Mahindra XUV 500
mahindra-xuv500.jpg

Mahindra Goat
x19-1495170436-2018-mahindra-debuts-in-spain7.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tntgCSMF4L.jpg

Aixam Miniauto Minauto Cross
aixam-minauto-cross-gt.jpg

Piaggio Porter. Yeah I know It's a Van.
Piaggio_Porter_Cargo.jpg

Casalini Ydea
ydea_01.jpg

Casalini M10
big_Casalini%20M10%20Mopedbil%20Med%20Glasfiberkaross01.jpeg

Brilliance BS4. Not BMW!
brilliance-bs4-sedan-headed-to-germany_100209472_m.jpg

Tavria 1102
zaz_1102-tavria-1986_r2.jpg

Think City
Think_City_2007.jpg

Suzuki Sidekick
u8skgee3.jpg

Brilliance (Zhonghua) SY BS6
1200px-Brilliance_Zunchi_01_China_2012-04-14.jpg

Chatenet Barooder
Chatenet-Barooder-112aa7fca6814392-large.jpg

Yugo 55
1fc1dfd9e1d0b9357d2caae32c8b7a64.jpg

And my favorite one:
TVR Vixen S1. Only 117 were made. :drool::drool::drool:
20170630tvr-vixen10.jpg

On the somewhat old and somewhat interesting end of the spectrum, there was apparently an electric FTO that set a world record on distance with an electric vehicle during 24 hours (2,142 Km), with an astounding-for-an-electric-car recharge time of 20 minutes, something that, interestingly, was barely even reported on.
z3.jpg

The car itself used a Lithium-Ion battery, and there seem to be either multiple variants or homage liveries, with this one above having five-spoke wheels, but the two below being different
Mitsubishi_FTO_EV_record.jpg

^This one having seemingly spokeless wheels and aerodynamic bits on the side, which I presume is the actual record vehicle
s800

^And this one being prety much an FTO GP with the electric car livery
More information in non-Japanese anyway provided in https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/corporate/pressrelease/corporate/detail564.html
As well as this article: http://www.gavinshoebridge.com/elec...ric-car-drives-1300-miles-on-a-single-charge/ but I suspect it might be biased

The old caddy series 62!
Saoutchik_Cadillac_Series62_3-Position_Convertible__1948_II_01.jpg

Then there is this. In my eyes, this is among, if not thee most beautiful car every made. The 1925 Rolls Royce Phantom.
1.jpg

The one car I went looking for was this weird "off road" European luxury car that seemed just the thing for over privileged fox hunters. It looked like an 80s phantom with that slotted grill extending all the way out the cover the headlights and a brush guard up front. I really wish I could find info on it but sadly infound it on the work computer so I wont be able suss it out until monday.

First contribution, and I’m going with one of my favourite superminis: the Citroen DS3, albeit in electric form:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.autoexpress.co.uk/citroen/ds3/60265/citroen-ds3-electrum-revealed?amp

(I decided to dump the whole link here because I don’t know how to extract a working image link from Google on iOS.)

The DS3 Electrum seems like a pretty good idea. With not much functioning grilles and being a light and small car, the DS3 seems to be a pretty good platform for electrification, as its beautiful and classy appearance will remain mostly intact, and its performance won’t be hampered. However, after a bit of searching, it appears that it was only produced as a concept at the 2012 Paris Motor Show, and the closest news I can find to it reaching production is the PSA announcing that it will use the electric CMP platform as an option for its B-segment cars produced from 2020 onwards.

So can anybody tell me what, if anything, happened to the DS3 Electrum? Is it, or will it be in production at Europe? Or did they just treat this concept as a possibility or showcase of their electric technology and nothing more? I’m asking specifically those of you who are professional car journalists, such as @homeforsummer . I don’t really follow the automotive world as closely as I used to, but I am rather intrigued after discovering the car’s presence, and would love to buy one, i.e. if the car was appropriately priced, and I had the money and a driving license. :lol:

Any help will be appreciated, and apologies if this seems to be too well-known to be posted here.

^

upload_2018-5-3_9-47-11.jpeg

I just used copy/paste for the picture. Just for those who won't make that extra click for the article. As for making the image a link to the article, no idea.

So can anybody tell me what, if anything, happened to the DS3 Electrum? Is it, or will it be in production at Europe? Or did they just treat this concept as a possibility or showcase of their electric technology and nothing more? I’m asking specifically those of you who are professional car journalists, such as @homeforsummer . I don’t really follow the automotive world as closely as I used to, but I am rather intrigued after discovering the car’s presence, and would love to buy one, i.e. if the car was appropriately priced, and I had the money and a driving license. :lol:
Hadn't heard much about it, but it was probably just a token EV built in that time when every manufacturer was jumping on the bandwagon with no real idea of a solid electric vehicle strategy to work on.

As for making the image a link to the article, no idea.
You can highlight what you wish to be linked and click the interlocked links icon in the settings above the post composition box, which will bring up a link insert prompt.

Alternatively, https://www.phpbb.com/community/help/bbcode#f5r0.

That said, please don't hyperlink images. Simple mouse-over on a computer reveals an image to be hyperlinked, however touching the same image on a phone engages the link instead of blowing the image up to default size (if shrunk to fit screen) as is the case for unlinked images.

Last edited:
I like the shape of that Integra concept quite a lot, even if the details of the front don't agree with me. Also interesting to note it was supposed to have a seemingly detuned F20C.

S2000-based Mugen SSM

Oh look, a Japanese rendition of the SLR Stirling Moss Edition. It would be hoot to drive with such a low weight and relatively low drag. The whole package is excellent.

Back