Your 2023 game of the year?

• Thread starter TypeRDC5
  • 36 comments
The Last of Us on PC, after a somewhat shaky start it ran absolutely flawlessly eventually and looked incredible, still the greatest game I’ve ever played and revisiting it again after a few years was definitely the year’s highlight for me, really hoping they release the 2nd one on PC too🙏🏻
I redid The Last of US part 1 too and still loved it. I really liked part 2 gameplay but story was super ****** and I'm not replaying that game again, the story made me so mad. The thing they make me do and dont do pissed me off too much.

Hi-Fi Rush gets my pick for my game of the year. Beyond having gorgeous visuals, incredible humour and a captivating story, it did something very rare nowadays - It worked almost perfectly out of the box!

Honorable mentions:
  • EA Sports WRC is my racing game of the year - Plenty of content to enjoy at a relatively low cost compared to other AAA titles.
  • Cyberpunk 2077. After being disappointed at launch, I got back into it this year and it is a wonderful experience now. Currently playing through Phantom Liberty as of writing which I'm also enjoying.

Chants of Sennaar is definitely 2023 game of the year for me - really clever and wholesome point and click adventure game.

I would say Hi-Fi Rush and We Love Katamari are my runner-up.
Same, Chants of Senaar was really an amazing game to play, had so much fun with it.

Last edited:
By play hours, the top choice would be GT7. Excluding that it would be...
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
  2. Elden Ring
  3. Red Dead Online
  4. Battlefield 2042
BF2042 was only able to get on the list because of the portal editor. A ton of time was spent trying to recreate the PvE checkpoint mode from Insurgency so a friend wouldn't have to buy it, but then the rules editor actually broke (could no longer see or edit the code blocks). There was also a tug-of-war style conquest mode, but after losing a ton of work one day I just stopped playing altogether.

The most impressive game of the year for me was Patapon 2 Remastered. Never had a chance to play it growing up apart from a cracked version in the Play Store.

The most disappointing game of the year for me was Naruto X Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections. My friends and I were so hyped about the release, and then they just completely shafted the online component of the game. In its stead was character customization and just...
NARUTO X BORUTO Ultimate Ninja STORM CONNECTIONS_20231201210929.jpg

No more weekend tourneys for us anymore lol

The hype and hollering will be missed greatly.

Think ill have to give it to star wars jedi survivor. Respawn did an amazing job with that series and hopefully we get more.

Hifi rush was good also.

Back