Your 3 favorite (current) circuits?

• Thread starter Carl.
  • 32 comments

Top 3 circuits?

• Total voters
Out of the current circuits, which ones would you consider to be your top 3, and why? I thought it would be interesting to include Spa and Fuji in the list.

I've picked Spa and Suzuka, since both have amazing layouts, passing opportunities and as a bonus they seem to be favorites for most drivers. It was hard to pick a 3rd one, it was a toss up between Sepang and Bahrein. Why? Because these tracks give drivers a lot of passing opportunities, and are forgiving enough so that drivers don't fear pushing their limits. I'm looking forward to what Tilke can do with the Nürburgring for next year.

It's a shame that we're dropping Suzuka and that Spa's future is incertain. :(

Spa and Monza are givens. I went with Suzuka for #3.

Why? Spa and Monza need no explaination. Suzuka is a cool layout, and is fun to drive in video games :).

I took Hockenheim, Silverstone and Spa (in the reverse order.) By far my favorite current tracks. Circuit Giles Villeneuve (sorry I butchered the name, and I'm supposed to be a french student!) would probably be my fourth, and Brazil would have been #5. I would have liked to include A1 Ring but that was taken out for Sponsorship/Promoter problems (2,3 years ago now?). Whatever! Racing quality shouldn't be compromised by money. I know some F1 tracks have been taken out for safety reasons, but I still think that F1 was safer at Mosport and Watkins Glen than at Indy or Gilles Villeneuve! Not to mention Monaco, which doesn't even provide great racing. I realize the Monaco comment is probably sacrelig, but I don't care it's the truth. Now, I'm no hippie, but I think F1 is better off at A1 than Bahrain (which is a track that I like because of the GT festival held there, very cool.)

m.piedgros

Monaco, Suzuka, Monza.

Monaco and Monza kind of speak for themselves. And Suzuka is just such a fun track to watch because there's so many different components to it, it never feels boring.

Spa-Francorchamps, Suzuka, Monaco

Spa is just an absolutely wonderful track and there really doesn't need to be much more said about it, as plenty has already been said about the track. Suzuka is another wonderful track with it combination of esses, hairpin, Spoon Curve, and the 130R. It is just a great track. Monaco was included because of all the history surrounding the track. If the Hockenheimring had not been neutered, I would have probably voted for it instead.

I cheated and voted for seven. Three is too hard! :D

1. Autodromo Carlos Pace
    One of my favourite circuits, because of the long straight, and the flowing nature of the circuit. It is fun layout, and the racing isn’t bad, either.​
  2. Albert Park
    Again, this circuit has a very nice layout for driving. The chicanes, the hairpins, and the fast sweeping corners – what more could you want?​
  3. Indianapolis
    Seeing Formula 1 cars around the famous Indianapolis banking is always a good thing, even if they are going the wrong way. :P This infield is not so bad, either. Maybe not the best for overtaking, but it is interesting to drive.​
  4. Monaco
    What can I say? It’s Monaco…. I could watch F1 cars run around Monaco all day without getting bored. It’s just one of those totally insane courses that is so wrong, but so right.​
  5. Monza
    Monza is a track I enjoy because the F1 cars are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum compared to Monaco. The cars are stripped down, and cornering speed is, for once in the year, not an issue. It’s a good track for overtaking, too. It always throws up something.​
  6. Spa Francorchamps
    Spa is Spa. Do I need to say anything else?​
  7. Suzuka
    Suzuka is the first circuit that I learnt the corner names for – that’s how much of an impact that circuit had on me when I first drove it. It is such a mixture of corners, it’s just one of those circuit that I can really get my teeth into.​

1. Monaco, just look at it, the atmosphere, the ladies, the boats, the clubs, oh and the there's usually good racing too. :D

2. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, I've always liked this circuit since I started following F1 in the late 90's, it's second sector is exciting and then there's the last chicane, many great passes and accidents have happened there.

3. Albert Park, it was between 3 tracks for number 3, this one, Spa and Suzuka, I chose this one because of the number of challenges on the circuit, turn 1 is important to nail on the apex, the really fast chicane at the end of the back straight is an exciting corner and the final turn is a tricky one to keep the nose in. It also promotes overtaking.
:)

I voted for Bahrain, Suzuka and Spa. I just love those ones. I hate having no Spa this year! :(

EDIT: I accidentally voted for Albert Park too. :indiff:

Spa, Interlagos, Imola are racing tracks. Monza is too, but it's not very exciting anymore.

The rest are just circuits.

Spa, Suzuka, and Indianapolis.

Spa-Francorchamps...what is there to say that hasn't been said? It's a supremely awesome track in every conceivable way.

Suzuka is also a fun track to watch racing at. Wide variety of curves and sections, a freakish (in a cool way) layout, and host to Kimi Raikkonen's insane run last year.

Indianapolis. Frankly, I expected this track to have fewer votes than it does, but really, the infield section is pretty cool, and there's the imagery effect of those famed banked turns on the oval.

Here's how I voted.

1. Spa - just like it overall
2. Monza - like the high speed sections
3. Montreal (Gilles Villeneuve) - really like this circuit in video games, and nearly as much when watching it on Tv, and i'm also from canada

1. Spa Francorchamps (bring back Spa)
2. Nurburgring (what happended to the Veedol Chicane :()
3. Monaco

Indianapolis was going to be my third choice! But I just absolutely love the camera shots of the cars going through the tunnel in Monaco!

I just chose Monaco and Suzuka, since the third one was hard to decide. I think it would be a tie between Interlagos, Imola, Catalunya, and Bahrain. Albert Park isn't bad either.

Monza, Spa and Suzuka.

Monza because it's the last really fast circuit and is so steeped in history and passion.
Spa because it's Spa. So technical, long, uncertain in terms of weather and again, steeped in history. Remains somewhat true to its origins despite being a lot safer now than it used to be.
Suzuka because it's got a little bit of everything and is a great test of car & driver.

1. Shanghai; beautiful cicrcuit,technical and complex. It takes a while to get used to, especially turn one; you go in there at such a high speed, brake hard without scrubbing off too much speed only to find that the radius gets tighter and tighter as you drive through it. It's maddening!

2. Spa Francorchamps; awesome. Then again everyone already knows that. Love flying up Eau Rouge--can only imagine what it's like to do it in a 500bhp car in RL.

3. Hockenheimring. Love this track. Easy to learn, high speed, never boring!

Thundercat
1. Shanghai; beautiful cicrcuit,technical and complex. It takes a while to get used to, especially turn one; you go in there at such a high speed, brake hard without scrubbing off too much speed only to find that the radius gets tighter and tighter as you drive through it. It's maddening!

2. Spa Francorchamps; awesome. Then again everyone already knows that. Love flying up Eau Rouge--can only imagine what it's like to do it in a 500bhp car in RL.

3. Hockenheimring. Love this track. Easy to learn, high speed, never boring!
Hockenheimring as in the "NEW" hockenheim or orignal?

Indy - A compromise setup being key.

Monza - Classic high-speed track.

Monaco - The only street circuit in the championship that is also one of the originals.

1. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
2. Monaco
3. Spa Francorchamps

i got to love Circuit Gilles Villeneuve because i live in Canada :sly: and that track is just soooo flowing

Thundercat
Gotta be the NEW one!!👍
Ya thats an awesome track. Definitely in my top 5.

Law93
1. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
2. Monaco
3. Spa Francorchamps

i got to love Circuit Gilles Villeneuve because i live in Canada :sly: and that track is just soooo flowing
It is number 4 on my top 5 ;)

I much prefer the old version of Hockenheimring with the blasts through the forest and then following the blasts through the forest, the compromise of the twisty "stadium" section of the track.

It definatly had a unique character back then, but I much prefer the new layout in terms of driving. In terms of racing, on the other hand… :indiff:

And that is exactly my point. I would much prefer great racing, rather than a layout that is good in terms of driving. Also the older layout had character and a unique one at that, something a majority of the redesigned tracks severly lack, which is to say almost none.

Back