Your axeMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter keram
  • 19 comments
  • 3,385 views
Messages
462
Post a picture of your guitar.

Mine: a Cort G250

img1641copy3mo.jpg


img1634copy4yp.jpg
 
Ricand6stringfl.jpg

Rickenbacker 4003 (Bartolini upgraded pick-ups) Brice 6-string fretless
SquierandJazzyfl.jpg

Squier p- bass special (Bartolini replacement pick-ups, and Bassass bridge II) Fender Jazz fretless
 
I have a Wasburn Lyon........it's red...not too special...I have a pic on photobucket, but can't access it from school so I'll post a pic maybe..sometime
 
Dear God, resize those pics please!
 
@azmati

Hmm, a Rick with Bartolinis, does it still have that Rickenbacker sound? Are the pickups active? If so, did you have to do any mods to fit in the electronics?
 
azmati
Ricand6stringfl.jpg

Rickenbacker 4003 (Bartolini upgraded pick-ups) Brice 6-string fretless
SquierandJazzyfl.jpg

Squier p- bass special (Bartolini replacement pick-ups, and Bassass bridge II) Fender Jazz fretless

How do you play an unmarked fretless bass? are there markings on the dge of the neck? or do you just need to know where to play the note?
 
DJF70
@azmati

Hmm, a Rick with Bartolinis, does it still have that Rickenbacker sound? Are the pickups active? If so, did you have to do any mods to fit in the electronics?
The old button style single coils were replaced with a split coil humbucker (neck), dual humbucker (bridge), and a staggerd split coil in the mute compartment. Its all passive. There was minor routing done to fit the mute compartment pick-up.
It does sound a bit like an old rick when you turn the piezo style pick-up down all the way, minus the noise.
 
keram
How do you play an unmarked fretless bass? are there markings on the dge of the neck? or do you just need to know where to play the note?
Yes, theres dots on the side of the neck where the the 3,5,7,etc fret would be apposed to in the middle of the fret as on a fretted neck. You can use em as refrence, but knowing where the note is played helps too.
 
z_baby.jpg


Not my own photo, but that's my guitar.
 
Here are my two EVH replicas that I have made. The first one is the original Frankenstrat from the Van Halen I era. It was a Squier that I paid $30 for. I plan to add some Schallers and a graphite nut eventually.

Next is my newest addition that just got painted. It is a copy of Eddie's stripped Ernie Ball/Music Man. This is an OLP that I got when they were on sale through Musicians Friend for $99 because of the ugly color I'm guessing (it was seafoam green). This one is getting Schaller locking tuners off an EB/MM and a Floyd Rose tremolo. The pickups will be a set of Peavey Wolfgang pickups.

In the background are my regular guitars: a Jackson PS-4, an Agile 3000 Prestige (Les Paul copy), an Ibanez bass, and a Takamine acoustic/electric.
 

Attachments

  • sFrankie.JPG
    sFrankie.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 25
  • EBMMsmall.JPG
    EBMMsmall.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 21
Ser0119
Here are my two EVH replicas that I have made. The first one is the original Frankenstrat from the Van Halen I era. It was a Squier that I paid $30 for. I plan to add some Schallers and a graphite nut eventually.

Next is my newest addition that just got painted. It is a copy of Eddie's stripped Ernie Ball/Music Man. This is an OLP that I got when they were on sale through Musicians Friend for $99 because of the ugly color I'm guessing (it was seafoam green). This one is getting Schaller locking tuners off an EB/MM and a Floyd Rose tremolo. The pickups will be a set of Peavey Wolfgang pickups.

In the background are my regular guitars: a Jackson PS-4, an Agile 3000 Prestige (Les Paul copy), an Ibanez bass, and a Takamine acoustic/electric.
Nice EVH replicas! 👍
 
I have only been playing for about 6 months now so i have a pretty cheap guitar, its a Squier Strat (fender) i got it in a pkg with a Fender frontman 15g amp:
 
I wish I had a guitar... :(

How much do good electric guitars cost, with amps and stuff added on?
 
For a good first guitar can I recemend the Yamaha pacifica, it's dirt cheap and sounds great :).

My axe is an Ibanez RG570, here's a picture of one in the same colour as mine (but not mine)...

Ibanez_RG570.jpg


It's a fantastic guitar. :)
 
Mine was $330 canadian with amplifier, tuner, and gig bag. It was the best price I could find in my city considering that it's branded. Similarly, you should be able to get an Epiphone SG Special with an amp and tuner for about the same 👍
 
code_kev
For a good first guitar can I recemend the Yamaha pacifica, it's dirt cheap and sounds great :).

My axe is an Ibanez RG570, here's a picture of one in the same colour as mine (but not mine)...

Ibanez_RG570.jpg


It's a fantastic guitar. :)


I know someone with that guitar, its great. 👍
 
Back