Your favorite Formula One season

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by michawn2018, Jun 24, 2020.

1. michawn2018

michawn2018

Which Formula One season is your favorite?

2. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

2003 - The first season I watched and it had so many storylines:
    • The veteran against the young guns (Schumacher vs Raikkonen/Montoya). All had realistic shots at the title with 3 different teams.
    • Tyre war, it even got a bit nasty when the Michelin's were banned for being too wide.
    • Young guns making a name for themselves. Alonso won a race and Button and Webber were doing great things with midfield cars.
    • Single lap qualifying with race fuel, it mixed up the grids nicely. Kimi struggled a lot at the start of the season.
    • Surprise results, Fisichella won in a Jordan and Frentzen scored a podium for Sauber.
    • Friday drivers, the teams which had finished lower the season before had an extra car for Friday to gain experience which made them more competitive.
    • The British GP after the 2nd safety car.

SlimSlidey likes this.
  3. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

I want to say 2005, but sitting in the grandstands at Indy really sucked. I'm going with 2006. Scott Speed's run at the Aussie GP had given me hope for the future (that didn't last long did it?). A former champ getting booted for a rookie mid-season. Schumacher mounting a charge that would've been a storybook finish to a mega career (and IMO probably not have motivated him to attempt the ill fated return a few years later). And with Button finally getting that gorilla off his back, along with Montoya's messy divorce at McLaren, it was a setup for another classic season just a year later.

4. SlimSlidey

SlimSlidey

I have great difficulty in choosing my absolute favourite season, as there has been so many nail-biters. But I must agree, 2003 was an absolute classic. In my opinion, 1999 was a stellar season also. Seeing the Jordan's take the fight to McLaren and Ferrari was something to behold - or at least, seeing one of the Jordan's do so, was. Frentzen was on it all season, but Damon Hill had seemingly checked out before his plane had even landed in Australia for the opening round.

GOTMAXPOWER likes this.
  5. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

2020 :D
    The black flag is so obviously racist, burn it :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  6. 8l23ub

8l23ub

Apart from the ridiculous Indy race it has to be 2005, the final year of the V10's, an awesomely fast McLaren masterpiece by Adrian Newsy hampered by an unreliable Mercedes engine vs a functional good Renault chassis with a powerful bombproof engine, Raikkonen and Alonso were spectacular and then we had Suzuki, the most spectacular race I have ever sat through, I remember it like it was yesterday.
    2003 was close, I remember thinking while Schuey was trailing around off the pace Raikkonen got this title, then it rained.

7. StPeterMartyr

StPeterMartyr

None in this century for sure.

8. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Ones that stand out as enjoyable to have watched; 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2012. I'll give 2016 a bit of a pass as well.

9. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

I will go with 2020 as well. Half way into the year and all teams are on equal points.

10. Rossell2

Rossell2

I personally remember really enjoying 2010 with 4 (would've been 5 with button) drivers going into the final race.