Your favorite line(s)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 31 comments
  • 1,727 views

Sage

Staff Emeritus
Messages
12,533
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Sage
Lines from a song that make you think or make you chuckle. My favorite is from TMBG’s Hopeless Bleak Despair:
For years and years I wandered the Earth
Until I died and went to Hell
But my despair had ascended to Heaven
That’s how I finally got rid of it​
That made me laugh the first time I heard it.
 
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello,
With the Lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now entertain us
A mullato an albino
A mosquito my libido


Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirt
 
Some people might like to get a train to work
Or drive in in a Beamer or a merc,
Some guys like to travel in by bus,
But I can't be bothered with the fuss today
I'm going to take my bike,
Coz once again the Tube's on strike.
The greedy bastards want extra pay
for sitting on their arse all day
even though they earn 30K .
So I'm standing here in the pouring rain,
Where the ****'s my ****ing train?

London Underground
London Underground
They're all lazy ****ing useless *****
London Underground
London Underground
They're all greedy ***** I want to shoot them all with a rifle.

All they say is "Please mind the doors",
and they learned that on the two day course,
This job could be done by a four year old.
They just leave us freezing in the cold.
What you smell is what you get
Burger King and piss and sweat
You roast to death in the boiling heat,
With tourists treading on your feet
and chewing gum on every seat,
so don't tell me to "Mind the gap"
I want my ****ing money back.

London Underground
London Underground
They're all lazy ****ing useless *****
London Underground
London Underground
They're all greedy ***** I want to shoot them all with a rifle
LaLaLaLa
LaLaLaLa

The floors are sticky and the seats are damp,
Every platform has a ****ing tramp,
But the drivers get the day off when we're all late for work again,

London Underground
London Underground
WaWa Wankers , They're all Wankers ,
London Underground
London Underground

Take your Oystercard, and shove it up your *****hole.
 
Ram-Rod
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello,
With the Lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now entertain us
A mullato an albino
A mosquito my libido


Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirt

its not exactly my fav but it was stuck in my head for quite some time
 
"I am the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria,
The noose and the rapist,
The fields overseer,
The agents of orange,
The priests of Hiroshima,
The cost of my desire,
Sleep now in the fire."
 
I can tell you why
People go insane
I can show you how
You could do the same
I can tell you why
The end will never come
I can tell you I'm
A shadow on the sun
 
Look at the shell that is you,
Empty, fragile, weak!
Soon the battle is over,
Lost to apathy.​

Dark Tranquillity - Lost To Apathy

Nothing lyrically great about it, but the way it is delivered vocally sends chills down my spine.
 
My outer appearance is nothing but average /
Inside of my brain structure the primary function is madness /
Torture these traitors, putting blowtorches to faces /
Corpses in my basement, torsos are my favorite /
Autopsies envigorating, killing you is refreshing and liberating /
playing with the dead is extensively titillating /
Humans are extremely expensive but really tasty /
sell you on the black market to pieces to anyone who pays me /
Limited in quantity, culinary sodomy /
Human cuisine, delicacy, the ultimate in quality.


-Circle of Tyrants - Theatre of Creeps-



I have more, but those already got me a warning before when I put em in my signature.
 
hmmm....the greatest for me is Stairway To Heaven by Zep, the whole song.
others are:

some other full songs...that I like all of are The Beatles - In My Life, The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, AC/DC - Back In Black, The Who - Bargain, and The Rolling Stones - Sway

She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen
She had the sightless eyes
Telling me no lies
Knockin' me out with those American thighs
Taking more than her share
Had me fighting for air
She told me to come but I was already there

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Pink Floyd - Time

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find out where I've been.

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

The Who - Baba O'Riley

You better run all day
And run all night.
Keep your dirty feelings
Deep inside.
And if you're taking your girlfriend
Out tonight
You'd better park the car
Well out of sight.
Cause if they catch you in the back seat
Trying to pick her locks,
They're gonna send you back to mother
In a cardboard box.
You better run.

Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell

hahahah im gonna stop there because there are wayyyyyyyyyyy too many, i listen to music for its lyrical quality more than anything, I mean yea, instruments are amazing, but how the song is sang and what the track says means more to me.
 
"So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell
Blue skies and pain
Can you tell a green field, from a cold steel rail
A smile from a veil
Do you think you can tell?
...
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here."

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here


"And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
...
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon."

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage


"Life is a waterfall, we're one in the river and one again after the fall."

System of a Down - Ariels


"Don't you ever get stuck in the sky."

System of a Down - Peephole


Pennywise - Yesterday
 
Davetheman20
Some people might like to get a train to work
Or drive in in a Beamer or a merc,
Some guys like to travel in by bus,
But I can't be bothered with the fuss today
Hey, Dave? Do yourself a favor and go read the Terms of Service and the Acceptable Use Policy before you post anything like that again.
 
Not to mention smallerizing his hugenormous signature.
 
"I've come here to kill you
Wont leave until you die
Murder Born of Vengeance
I close my brothers eyes, tonight...

...Far away in this land I must go
out of the site of the One
A punishment sent from his hand
a hardship no one should know
Now go out of the site of the One
away in this land you must go"

Chapter Four - Avenged Sevenfold
 
"jack and jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water
jack fell down and jill came around
and now they have a son & a daughter"

The Gap Band - Humpin'
 
The Dead Milkmen - "Punk Rock Girl" - "We got into a car, away we started rolling. I said, 'how much you paid for this?' Said, 'Nothing, man. It's stolen!'"

The Who - "Baba O'Riley" - "Don't Cry. Don't raise your eye. It's only teenage wasteland."

Van Halen - "Panama" - "I reach down.. between my legs, 'an... ease the seat back, 'an...

Junior Brown is just one of a very few Country Music stars I'll listen to. His songs often have funny lines. Here are two I can think of at this moment.

Junior Brown - "My Wife Thinks You're Dead" - "We'll have to say 'hello' maybe some other time instead, because you're wanted by the police and my wife thinks you're dead!"

Junior Brown - "Venom Wearin' Denom" - "If you gave that gal a diamond ring, you'll get a Diamondback!"

And the following from a 1920s-30s legendary blues artist Robert Johson.

Robert Johnson - "All My Love's In Vain" - "When the train... it left the station... with two lights on behind. When the train, it left the station... with two lights on behind. Well, the blue light was my blues, and the red light was my mind. All my love's in vain."

Robert Johson - "Traviling Riverside Blues" - "Now you can squeez my lemon 'til the juice run down my... 'til the juice run down my leg, baby. You know what I'm talking 'bout... You can squeez my lemon 'til the juice run down my leg. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout now."

Albert King - "Born Under A Bad Sign" - "If it weren't for bad luck, I tell ya' I wouldn't have no luck at all."

And finally, the rest of my favs...

"Yakitty-yak, yakitty-yak! Don't talk back!"

"Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!"

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat!"

"Patty gave birth to a ten pound baby boy."

"She says, 'I'm sorry, but I'm out of milk and coffee.' That's OK, Sugar, we can watch the early movie. If you want my body, and you think I'm sexy, come on baby let me know. If you really need me, just reach out and touch me..."

"Love stinks. Yeah, yeah."

"Baby got back."

"If you don't start drinking, I'm gonna leave"

"Jeriamia was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine."

"Some people call me the Space Cowboy..."

"I am the Egg Man. I am the Egg Man. I am the Walrus, goo-goo ga-choo."

"At night I wake up with sheets soaking wet, and a freight train running through the middle of my head, and you, you cool my desire."

"I got my first real six string. I bought it at the five-and-dime. Played it 'til my fingers bled. That was the summer of '69."

"Hot Tramp! I love you so!"

"We got to install microwave ovens. Custom kitchen deliveries. We got to move these refridgerators. We got to move these color TVs."

"Barf out! Gag me with a spoon!"

"My blood runs cold. My memory has just been sold. Angel in a centerfold."

"Everybody have fun tonight. Eveybody Wang Chung tonight."

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me."

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Nick's. And his hair was perfect."

"I gotta gal, she lives on the hill. She wont do it, but her sister will."

"Out on the road today, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac."

"Who ya gonna call?"

"I said, 'Do you speak'a my language?' He just smiled, and gave me a Vegimite sandwich."

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

"I shot the Sheriff, but I did not shoot the Deputy."

"It ain't me. It ain't me. I ain't no Senators son. It ain't me. It ain't me. I ain't no fortunate one, no!"

"Hey, hey, hey! One break, coming up!"

"Have you seen Junior's grades?"
 
Solid Lifters

"It ain't me. It ain't me. I ain't no Senators son. It ain't me. It ain't me. I ain't no fortunate one, no!"
I knew someone liked Creedence!

I'm sorry, but I think it would be a crime to exclude parts of this song... it really doesn't make me chuckle, but it makes me think (and I shouldn't be the only one)

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you try to read the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

Day by day I hear the voices rising
Started with a whisper like it did before
Day by day we count the dead and dying
Ship the bodies home while the networks all keep score

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Could your eyes believe the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

One by one I see the old ghosts rising
Stumblin' 'cross Big Muddy
Where the light gets dim
Day after day another Momma's crying
She's lost her precious child
To a war that has no end

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you stop to read the writing at The Wall
Did that voice inside you say
I've seen this all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again
It's like Deja Vu all over again

- John Fogerty, Deja Vu (All Over Again)
 
Solid Lifters
"Barf out! Gag me with a spoon!"
:lol: so many great lines there Solid, but I was listening to Valley Girl just the other day...

Couple of my favourites:-

Magnetic Fields - I Don't Believe You

You may set your charm on stun
And say I'm delightful and fun
But you say that to everyone
Well, I don't believe you

So you're brilliant gorgeous and
Ampersand after ampersand
You think I just don't understand
But I don't believe you

Elvis Costello

"Was it a millionaire who said 'Imagine no possessions?'"
('The Other Side Of Summer' from Mighty Like A Rose)

"Well I hope I don't die too soon
I pray the Lord my soul to save
Oh I'll be a good boy
I'm trying so hard to behave
Because there's one thing I know,
I'd like to live long enough to savour
That's when they finally put you in the ground
I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down"
('Tramp The Dirt Down' from Spike, a song about Margaret Thatcher)

"Forget about Buddha, Allah, Jesus and Jehovah
Hurry down Doomsday the bugs are taking over"
('Hurry Down Doomsday' from Mighty Like A Rose)
 
Ram-Rod
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello, how low?
Hello, hello, hello,
With the Lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now entertain us
A mullato an albino
A mosquito my libido


Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirt

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I found another fan.

I don't need to retype it, do I?

Just read the sig. :)
 
Sage
Not to mention smallerizing his hugenormous signature.
[Inspector Clouseau] Not anymore... [/Inspector Clouseau]
 
At the moment, Bloc Party - Banquet

She don't think straight
She's got such a dirty mind and it never ever stops
And you don't taste like her and you never ever will
And we don't read the papers, we don't read the news
Heaven's never enough, we will never be fooled
 
I posted this in the favorite quotes thread.

"The ornaments look pretty but they're pulling down the branches of the tree" -Cake
 
"There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
(And they're quite convinced the're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream `Oppression`
And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."
Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw."
Rush- The Trees
I always laugh when I hear this song.
 
I got a couple of favourites -

Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy:

"We don't need the key, we'll break it!"

Eminem - Superman:

"But I do know one thing though,
*****es, they come they go
Saturday through Sunday, Monday,
Monday through Sunday yo'
Maybe i'll love you one day,
maybe we'll someday grow
Till then just sit your drunk ass on that ****in' runway ho'..."

Dei Hamo - "We Gon' Ride" -

"Ladies this is what y'all missin',
I'm great in bed and a wiz in the kitchen.
Y'know I'm playin' I'm useless in the kitchen,
I just wanna see if y'all were listenin'."

Maybe not as deep as some of the others, but at the moment these are favourites of mine - but then my music taste changes week to week... :D
 
Touring Mars
:lol: so many great lines there Solid, but I was listening to Valley Girl just the other day...

"Like my English teacher, he's like... he's like... 'Mr. Boofoo!' We're talking Lord, God, KING Boofoo!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
I got another:

"You can now have a phone and eat it too!!" Raafi - Bannana Phone
 
[ chorus: P.R. Terrorist ]
Red dawn, war pawns, raps nasty like porn
Pass on, transform, arm leg leg arm
Supreme head, infra-red, we form like voltron
We form like voltron


Artist: Killarmy
Album: Dirty Weaponry
Song: Red Dawn
Typed by: jobrush@suffolk.lib.ny.us
___________

[Shogun Assasson]
My mind is bad, because it's great to see that full
My old dad, and charter his story
And made him believe in a my-story
That's how you know times is bad
When Gods is being killed by crabs
that invest these streets, it ain't safe no more
So before you leave your front door the war is cold
So grab your heats, your God-U now
and your teflon cause the war's on like
Red Dawn, I'm a threat to America like Saddam
I be the verbal terrorist doing the strength of his language
Now I'm mad like Max, when I attack tracks
To the death of Wu wax, I drop facts like
bombs on Saigon, it be the music that makes me sick
And act like a paranoid schizophrenic,
I leave your mind in a state of panic,
like a claustrophobic trapped on the Titanic


Artist: Killarmy f/ Holocaust
Album: Dirty Weaponry
Song: Bastard Swordsman
Typed by: ThaMasta@IName.Com

It's all in the delivery that made me laugh at these
 
This one's a bit deeper than my last effort:

James Blunt - You're Beautiful:

"You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you."
 
Oceansize - Long Forgotten - sung very emotionally too :)

These are the secrets you will share
These are the words you cannot bare
This is the sight you'll never see
And that you have forgotten me
The voice that tempted you away
The deepest hole in which I stay
I miss you most my darkest hour
I’m wondering where the hell you are

Too late to tell you you were wrong
Another word to dwell upon
You could have waited for me
Like I was waiting just for you

The fuse is flicker in his eye
Her touch to blow me open wide
I could have run a million times
But I was waiting for you

And did you ever stop to think
About how low that you could sink
And down the low, our deepest sigh
Within yourself you cannot hide

Do photographs and faces lie?
Why did I never wonder why?
Why I was waiting for you (x2)
 
these arn't lines that make me giggle their ones i love and have been know the repeat songs just to hear them over and over

FFAF Juno - "....and i'm nothing more than a line in your book...."

Brand New Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't -
i hope this song starts a craze.
the kind of song that ignites the airwaves.
the kind of song that makes people glad
to be where they are,
with whoever they're there with.

MatchBook Romance Promise
And now the stars aren't out tonight,
But neither are we to look up at them
Why does hello feel like goodbye?
These memories can't replace,
These wishes I wished and dreams I chased
Take this broken heart and make it right
(lol i sing this at the top of my lungs when me and matt go driving)


Tommy Tutone 8675309 (Jenny)
8675309 eeeeiiiiiiinnnnn lol

i get so many line stuck in my head will add more later

OH true colours by cindy lauper make me p!ss my self laughing. its the dumbest song ever and she sounds stupid singing it
 
Back