• Need for speed: Underground 2

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Need for speed: Carbon

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Need for speed: Most wanted

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Need for speed: Pro street

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Need for speed: Hot pursuit (criterion)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Need for speed: Most wanted 2012

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Need for speed: The run

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Need for speed: Rivals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need for speed: Undercover

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
As it says on the tin, select up to 3 and post your reasons. Post your least favorite as well if you have one.

Note: I have not included the Shift games as they to me are not really part of the NFS series.

As it says on the tin, select up to 3 and post your reasons. Post your least favorite as well if you have one.

Note: I have not included the Shift games as they to me are not really part of the NFS series.
To you SHIFT might not be considered NFS, but to someone else they may. I suggest you include them on the list too.

To you SHIFT might not be considered NFS, but to someone else they may. I suggest you include them on the list too.

I'm not going to include them. Need for speed as a whole is about street racing, neither shift represents a typical need for speed experience and as such will remain off the list.

Even EA agreed with Shift 2 as they dropped the Need for speed name from the title.

I'm not going to include them. Need for speed as a whole is about street racing, neither shift represents a typical need for speed experience and as such will remain off the list.
OK, well shoot yourself.

Voted for HP2, UG2, and original MW.

OK, well shoot yourself.

Voted for HP2, UG2, and original MW.

Shoot EA too, as I say, even they dropped need for speed from the title of shift 2 ;) .

I have a feeling UG2 will get a lot of votes here, it gets mine thanks to its overall fun factor, customisation and a decent car list. Was quite a nice locale to drive around as well.
Pro street, because again, the fun factor was there and had a real good balance of racing, drifting, drag, street racing, was good fun and the customisation was superb.
Hot pursuit from criterion I feel will also get a lot of votes as it really seemed to reignite the love for the series and instilled some of the fun from the burnout games which was fantastic.

I only played Carbon, but I loved it. The customization and Autosculpt were both awesome. Even though certain features were left out and never getting the opportunity to drive Darius's Le Mans Quattro, the GameCube version was ultra fun and challenging.

If that's the case, you should also exclude ProStreet as it's another attempt at closed circuit racing similar to the Shift series. I mean I understand if you excluded V-Rally or Motor City Online, but Shift is definitely a part of the series, whether you like it or not.

You also forgot Nitro (Wii), World and the newly released No Limits (mobile).

If that's the case, you should also exclude ProStreet as it's another attempt at closed circuit racing similar to the Shift series. I mean I understand if you excluded V-Rally or Motor City Online, but Shift is definitely a part of the series, whether you like it or not.

You also forgot Nitro (Wii), World and the newly released No Limits (mobile).

Nitro was also available on the Nintendo DS and it was horrible.

I really love all nfs games . They are our childhood . I know its just a game but nfs means everything for a car maniacs . Sometimes we say bad things about their games but . . Guys , can you imagine a world without a nfs ? Nfs is like our main chick . Sometimes we are lookin for a side chick(racing game) and play along with it but deeply we know we gonna return to our main(nfs) chick . And sorry for if i did any mistake with my english .

I really love all nfs games . They are our childhood . I know its just a game but nfs means everything for a car maniacs . Sometimes we say bad things about their games but . . Guys , can you imagine a world without a nfs ? Nfs is like our main chick . Sometimes we are lookin for a side chick(racing game) and play along with it but deeply we know we gonna return to our main(nfs) chick . And sorry for if i did any mistake with my english .

I started laughing when the words "main chick" appeared :lol: For arcade racing games, Need For Speed was my "main chick" between 2002-2009 then after Undercover it started becoming my "side chick" - most of the post-2010 era games weren't for me. I did give Most Wanted 2012 a chance and it was actually good enough to be put in my top three choices. My other choices are Underground 2 and the original Most Wanted.

Honourable mention to Carbon. Canyon racing was huge fun and Autoscuplt was an interesting innovation at the time.

NFS Carbon and MostWanted, for me, are the best ones. I think from the MostWanted 2012 to the last one they just ruined the game. I played the NFS Rivals on my PS4 and I can't even compare with the others games. Hope they will change it with the new NFS 2015.

• Carbon was a joining of Most Wanted, Underground, with some new elements added in for good measure, such as the touge-esque canyon battles and a whole crew mechanic that actually worked. A fantastic game, though a bit too short.
  • Pro Street was fantastic. It really nailed the international vibe, including the flagship cars from almost every big name manufacturer, with endless customization to each car. The atmosphere was top-notch, and it looks quite nice even today.
  • Hot Pursuit 2 is the embodiment of Need For Speed. Grippy, fast driving mechanics, a star-studded, gold-plated car list, an eclectic soundtrack, and good ol' pigs trying to ruin the fun for you. (Maybe adding a bit more fun.) Much like Carbon, it really is a joining together of the previous games into one excellent title. The best game of them all.

Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit definitely up there, instant classic and personally one of the best racing games. Never played the second one, and the remake was awful. Most Wanted was also a good one, the game play was simply enjoyable. Another one where the remake was bad.

Last edited:
Hot pursuit 2 it was really fun playing split screen back then.

Most Wanted and Carbon loved the story and the way they played.

Back