Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Watkins Glen

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Yas Marina

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Miami Homestead

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
If short tracks aren't your thing perhaps it's a good idea they couldn't get the rights to Tsukuba.

I like Lime Rock myself and can get a pretty good rhythm flowing on it.

I actually really like Tsukuba, just not Lime Rock. Perhaps it being short is not the reason for my disdain. Just don't like it...

Well that's an incredibly difficult call to make.

Hockenheim, Catalunya, Watkins Glen, VIR, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mugello, Sonoma...

I picked Lime Rock, but I actually have no idea.

Well that's an incredibly difficult call to make.

Hockenheim, Catalunya, Watkins Glen, VIR, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mugello, Sonoma...

I picked Lime Rock, but I actually have no idea.
Picking a fourth track was pretty hard. I also went with Lime Rock but may change it to Watkins Glen after I get a chance to try it out again. Thanks for making the vote changeable @Nacho.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people dislike COTA but I enjoy it a lot and I live in same city and have been to it so thats #1 for me. Prague and Dubai take #2 and #3.

Edit: REAL Tracks, maybe I should read next time :dunce:

Last edited:
I know a lot of people dislike COTA but I enjoy it a lot and I live in same city and have been to it so thats #1 for me. Prague and Dubai take #2 and #3.
I know Jebel Hafeet is a real road and I love haring up and down the Charles Bridge but I'm afraid this poll is supposed to be only for actual racetracks from the list at the top of this thread.

CoTA is alright, it's not the greatest but it's at least possible to enjoy driving it.

I will also say I think Tilke gets too much hate, he has to design tracks that fit the FIA's standards. Take a look at his non-F1 tracks (especially Atlanta Motorsport Park) and it seems like a completely different person designed them. Anyways, that's a topic for a different thread.

I never get tired of Nordschleife. I find Watkins Glen enjoyable with nice flow and elevation change. I enjoy most of Sonoma. I like Suzuka, as it has a nice range of types of corners with different challenges, and a rhythm section.

Least favorite may be Yas Marina. Like Twin Ring Motegi (don't miss it at all), it feels like a really long straight and 874 sharp angles. That's a chore, not a joy. It's not actually challenging, just a nuisance. I have mixed feelings about Long Beach, as I sort of like driving it, except when there's cars nearby, at which point it's chaos.

No love for VIR?

As much as I like Nordschleife, I can't vote for it in Forza. While improvements to it have definitely been made since the first game, the track model is still garbage. My opinion is very much the same for Indy in this game.

^Garbage or not, I wish they'd bring back the point to point Nordschleife sections from FM4. It's a very difficult track to learn compared to other racetracks.

Well, it's been almost a week since the poll opened and the following voting results have been very interesting and revealing to me:

1) With 19 votes so far, the Nürburgring (Nordschleife) has been the clear favorite! (but not the GP circuit alone!) if I open a poll of the most disliked real racetracks in the game, you think it would get the most votes too?

2) Watkins Glen and Spa-Francorchamps with 12 votes each sit solidly at number 2 (I voted for both)

3) Road America followed by Lime Rock over all the other American circuits

4) The return of Mugello and Suzuka has been very well received.

5) No love for Silverstone is shocking to me! :odd:

6) Not everybody dislikes a Tilke-designed track...

What do you think of the voting trends so far?

Last edited:
The tracks with the most votes not only have a diverse set of corners, but also a good bit of elevation change. The tracks with the least amount of votes have mostly some variation of all 90 degree corners and are flat. The older tracks are more inspired in that they were generally designed with the terrain and environment in mind while newer ones tend to first flatten the land that is intended to hold the circuit. Some designers do take the former to heart as we saw with the construction of COTA, which I personally didn't like at first but it is growing on me.

WOW I seem to be the only one voting for Silverstone.. In no particular order, Silverstone, Monza, Spa and Suzuka. If I could choose 5 tracks I would probably add Nurburgring (GP / Combined), Mugello or Catalunya.

Absolutely HATE: VIR, Mount Panaroma.

Last edited:
Well I just changed some votes after the Bounty Hunter event, now I really love Hockenheimring as my favorite technical track, it's more fun than Catalunya and has more day and weather settings. I have a new respect and appreciation for the Nürburgring but not enough to include it in my top tracks. Monza alt is now my favorite speed track, but Spa Francorchamps remains tops overall. Watkins Glen is my overall favorite American track.

My favorite are Suzuka because I play on that track a lot and loved it since Real Racing 3.
Yas Marina because I like racing there at night and someone should recreate Chris Harris driving the Aston Martin Vulcan there.
Homestead Miami Speedway because I'm a NASCAR fan and the layouts are good for any car.
Sonoma because I enjoy driving the track.

Absolutely HATE: VIR

This reply to what I quoted isn't one of those, "your opinion is wrong" posts. Your dislike of VIR reminded me why I didn't vote for it, and I think it's worth sharing.

I hate Turn 10's version of VIR. The tire barriers seriously screw up the sight lines of the track, and for some reason, I can't get into the tracks rhythm in FM7. FM6, and AC (even though the track was added as a Mod) I have no problems settling into the track, and doing the Randy Pobst.

No... Not dissing Mustangs. I mean making every lap look the same, silly. :P

Last edited:
This reply to what I quoted isn't one of those, "your opinion is wrong" posts. Your dislike of VIR reminded me why I didn't vote for it, and I think it's worth sharing.

I hate Turn 10's version of VIR. The tire barriers seriously screw up the sight lines of the track, and for some reason, I can't get into the tracks rhythm in FM7. FM6, and AC (even though the track was added as a Mod) I have no problems settling into the track, and doing the Randy Pobst.

No... Not dissing Mustangs. I mean making every lap look the same, silly. :P
The long race of the Patriot configuration of VIR with those RZR over-powered golf carts at night has to be the WORST race in all the Forza Cup! :banghead:

Wow, i'm really surprised that Long Beach is not way up there in votes. To me it is the best looking track in the game and i just love city circuits. It also reminds me of the good old Indycar Racing 1+2 days in the early+mid 90s. Wish they would add Surfers Paradise.

Nurburgring, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, and Sonoma for me. Those are the few I actually get most of the lines on without having to diddle about in practice. I think I like Laguna most because it's short enough that it's easy to compartmentalize sections, and I love that you can take corners super risky, like the kink before the corckscrew. Road Atlanta's downhill esses are super fun, the Ring is... well, the ring. I've never managed to do the toilet bowl corners well, though. Sonoma is really fun for almost overcooking it on the hills. Prague is a good time with the tight building areas.

Don't hate many tracks but I don't think I'll ever GET Rio. And tracks with wide compound turns tend to get me a little lost on the lines.

Wow, i'm really surprised that Long Beach is not way up there in votes. To me it is the best looking track in the game and i just love city circuits. It also reminds me of the good old Indycar Racing 1+2 days in the early+mid 90s. Wish they would add Surfers Paradise.
It's the pileups... :lol: But I do agree that other city circuits would be great (and yes, Long Beach at sunset is gorgeous.)

Spa is really the ultimate answer. I dont have a bad thing to say about it.

I respect the Ring, I respect Bathurst and Le Mans but I dont like them that much in the same way I respect Mt. Everest.

My home track, Bathurst, is a good example. Its called "the heartbreaker" because its a cruel track and really, it is... its dominated by the two long straights where there's no overtaking and you're limited to the mountain twisties on overtaking so whenever I'm asked to race on this in either FM5-7 or GT6/GTS I know what I'm up for.

Le Mans is pretty much garbage except for LMP1 cars. The length and layout means its really not suited to anything BUT 1,000hp VMAX prototypes.

Strangely I quite like Nurburgring F1... I know most people hate it as a Herman Tilke track but it actually has lots of overtaking and it has some interesting corners.

I even like how Type V starts you off with it so I use it as a 2 minute 'warm up' for the next 8 odd minutes of 'green hell'.

Strangely I quite like Nurburgring F1... I know most people hate it as a Herman Tilke track but it actually has lots of overtaking and it has some interesting corners.
Nurb F1 is okay with me even if Herr Hairpin Herman designed it. I think Suzuka edges it over Spa for me though.

I'm not a fan of any track that has the 'feel' of a motorcycle track... clearly Mugello and Catalyuna fit this. Suzuka does to a degree.

I quite like Long Beach. I know its a street circuit and we generally dont like those but I like the 'flow' of it and its fun and who doesnt like the silly pileups.

With Turn 10 being and American company I dont know why they dont do all the tracks of Indycar.

I'm an old Papyrus David Kaemmer Paul Page Indycar fan and would love to see Burke Lakefront, Mosport Park and all that.

If Turn 10 has a deal with IMSA, they would need only to include the Mosports, Detroit (street) and Kansas (oval?) tracks to run the full championship!

I voted for VIR when this thread started, but now I strongly dislike VIR. I don't think I've raced at VIR in day time in the FM7 career mode yet.

Road America by far, but then again it is my favorite real world track by far. Followed by Catalunya, Road Atlanta and VIR.

I finished the Forza cup and that's been my experience too.

What's with the VIR night in all iterations??? Its so dark too... I cant believe that they actually hold night events because its got to be dangerous.

Back