your favorite

what was your favorite car two tune. mine is a close tie between the lancer and the imprezza. i gave the lancer the tightest handling of any car you could ever drive and was made exclusively for narrow, complex european tracks. i tuned the imprezza so that it had realy nice handling but a great mix between acel. and top speed for tracks like leguna seca. i have some pics but i took them before i had usb and they r way to dark.

loyd b 2222
what was your favorite car two tune. mine is a close tie between the lancer and the imprezza. i gave the lancer the tightest handling of any car you could ever drive and was made exclusively for narrow, complex european tracks. i tuned the imprezza so that it had realy nice handling but a great mix between acel. and top speed for tracks like leguna seca. i have some pics but i took them before i had usb and they r way to dark.

What was your favorite car to tune? Mine is a close tie between the Lancer and the Impreza. I gave the Lancer the tightest handling of any car you could ever drive and was made exclusively for narrow, complex European tracks. I tuned the Impreza so that it had realy nice handling but a great mix between acceleration and top speed for tracks like Laguna Seca. I have some pics, but i took them before i had usb and they are way too dark.

I'm sorry You put me over the top. I had to do that. :banghead: I'm not even gonna mess with the grammer..... :scared:

speedy_2
...... before I had usb and they are way too dark.

I'm sorry You put me over the top. I had to do that. :banghead: I'm not even gonna mess with the grammer..... :scared:

...... before I had usb and they are way too dark.

You missed one. LOL

No big surprise given the sheer number.

Regards

Scaff :)

Actually, you missed two uncapped "I"'s and "really" has 2 l's not one.

I'm glad you had fun tuning the Impreza (one Z) and the Lancer.
For kicks and giggles you should give the Lotus Elan a shot.

If you can spell "exclusively" correctly, you should be spelling "Impreza" correctly.

Try tuning a fully modified Audi RS6, without driving aids. That'll make you want to throw the PS2 out the window.

And for my favorite, well, I don't have one. They're all nearly the same, anyway.

One of my favorites right now is my '99 Skyline GTR V-Spec. Fully tuned out its a blast to drive.

Yes I do take atvantage of the driving aids. I usualy just leave the over and under sitting at 10. ( I usually don't mess with those while tuning) And bump the TCS down to 2. It took a couple tries to get the weight and transfer and power distrabution how I wanted. But in the end it turned out to be one heck of a ride.

The best part was when I used the same settings on my R32 and R33 that I had in the garage, the performance was about the same. (with minor adjustments to the ride heights depending on the model)

When I get a chance, I'm going to try the settings on some other 4wd cars to see if the same holds true.

Some other's that I am messing around with curently are: Ford Mustang GT, Ruf RGT, Ford GT and of course Sybil. (My '98 Lotus SE with multiple personalitys. :grumpy:

.Duck.
Hmmm... let's see here...

I said without driving aids. Of course, anyone with a brainstem will figure out that having a carload of ASM is going to make it handle well! :crazy: ;)

Oops, must've over looked that. I might update that if I can get it without Aids. I'll get back to you on that. :)

Haven't driven the Audi.
But if you jockey the LSD, you can tune out the understeer.
Or you can fiddle with the drivetrain and send almost all of the power to the rear axle.
One or Both of these SHOULD work without any driver aids.

Paragon: What is the Lotus doing?
If you are getting "snap" oversteer, lower the spring rates in the rear, and/or lower the damper rate in the rear.
If the car is too "stiff" this will let the rear end "take a set" in the corners.

Gil
Haven't driven the Audi.
But if you jockey the LSD, you can tune out the understeer.
Or you can fiddle with the drivetrain and send almost all of the power to the rear axle.
One or Both of these SHOULD work without any driver aids.

It wont. The car is too frontheavy. maybe if you put 200kg of ballast in the trunk, but who wants to do that?

Team666
It wont. The car is too frontheavy. maybe if you put 200kg of ballast in the trunk, but who wants to do that?

What about just sliding 10% if the car's weight to the rear, with no ballast?

Or are you just trying to get me upstairs to do some testing?:lol:

Gil
What about just sliding 10% if the car's weight to the rear, with no ballast?

Or are you just trying to get me upstairs to do some testing?:lol:

Thats not how it works. The balancing is for ballast only, not for the cars weight in itself.
But by all means, go upstairs and test! :)

Edit: The RS6 and possibly the RS4 are impossible to tune correctly, due to the fact that they have very heavy engines, that are placed in front of the front wheel axle.
Another car that is very interesting to drive, especially around Nürburgring, is the Auto Union. Thanks to its aerodynamic closed body, it turns like a Boeing 767, and brakes about as well too. I slapped R1 on that thing and drove a lap without aids and minimum downforce, and boy, that was hairy! 8:28, and I think that was very good, considering the cars behavior. Try it! Very interesting!

Gil
Paragon: What is the Lotus doing?
If you are getting "snap" oversteer, lower the spring rates in the rear, and/or lower the damper rate in the rear.
If the car is too "stiff" this will let the rear end "take a set" in the corners.

It dose do that. Along with sliding out when breaking while approaching a corner. Could be one part setting error, one part driver error.

Maybe I'll post my settings for a little critiquing when I get home. That will help determin where the blame will be. Driver or car. :)

I love the Esprits! The SE is my least favourite but I love the '87 and the 350 and GT's are great too when tuned to ~500 bhp.

You cant blame the car if you are the one who set it up ;) If its sliding past the turn in point you need more grip up front for the brakes to work at their best. I will post my settings when I get a chance if it helps but mine are quite extreme and definitely will give snap back oversteer TBH :) it depends on your driving style but more front grip is the way.

Right now, the ammuse S2000 GT1
I love that car. with about 550hp out of an I-4 and power to weight ratio that's really high compared to some of the "race cars". If you dont have one, I suggest you get one right away-make sure to get the soft (racing) tires and the stage 4 turbo

I like to mess around with the '99 Dodge Viper, loads of power, and plenty of handling problems to "fix."

The Skylines, Rx-7's, and Supras are fun too. Can't say I've messed with the Imprezas much, yet :) .

tuning the Impreza is a walk in the park. tuning the RUF's is F R U S T R A T I O N with capital letters. this applies almost any RR car. yes, I dislike them a lot. they're light, have more than enough power, RWD/AWD.. and heavy understeer or snap oversteer. i just couldn't get around it.

zefff
I love the Esprits! The SE is my least favourite but I love the '87 and the 350 and GT's are great too when tuned to ~500 bhp.

You cant blame the car if you are the one who set it up ;) If its sliding past the turn in point you need more grip up front for the brakes to work at their best. I will post my settings when I get a chance if it helps but mine are quite extreme and definitely will give snap back oversteer TBH :) it depends on your driving style but more front grip is the way.

Good point. Although I did start out using DUCK's settings. Can I partly blame him?? ;)

At any rate. Here are the settings for my '98 SE.

Full build including nitrous

Suspension f/r
Spring 14.0/13.5
Height 85/100
Bound 6/6
Rebound 6/6
Camber 2.5/0.5
Toe -2/-2
Stab. 4/4

Trans: Autoset to 22

Driving aids
Over 1
Under 1
TCS 3

Downforce f/r
25/30

Limited slip
I - 20
a - 40
b - 10

Brakes f/r
10/10

Weight balance:
Balast - 50
Balance - 15

Tires used: f/r

r3/r3

I took it to Midway for 3 laps before going to work.
Here were the lap times. No Nitrous was used.

1 - 1:09.2
2 - 1:08.6
3 - 1:08.0

It actualy handled pretty well this morning, But when I go to a bumpy track, ie. the ring, it spends a lot to the time bouncing around. Or losing contact with the track.

Any suggestions?

A few observations from various posts in the thread:

1) The Weight Slider does indeed have an influence on the cars weight distribution, regardless of if you add any ballast or not. Adding ballast magnifies the effect but the influence is felt even without it.

2) If the snap oversteer you're getting on the Lotus is happening on corner exit (a problem I got with an Elise) then the cure is, counterlogically, to increase the rear stabaliser and lower the front. The set-up I ended up with is buried around here somewhere ... now if I could just remember where :lol:.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66822

3) Putting Nitrous on a Lotus is grounds for summary execution ... :grr:. ROFL.

sukerkin
3) Putting Nitrous on a Lotus is grounds for summary execution ... :grr:. ROFL.

:scared: :lol: I only used it when I was trying to break the 300 MPH barrier.

I don't think that I have ever used nitrous in a race while in the Esprit.

PARAGON GT
It actualy handled pretty well this morning, But when I go to a bumpy track, ie. the ring, it spends a lot to the time bouncing around. Or losing contact with the track.

Any suggestions?

The spring rate and damper settings look too stiff for bumpy tracks, lowering both should help a great deal.

You will then have to watch the ride height, as the increased travel from softer spring rate may require a higher ride height.

Its also worth using Deep Forest for bumpy track set-up, its a lot shorter that the 'ring, but tends to give settings that need little or no change for the 'ring.

Hope this helps

Regards

Scaff

Back