• 20 comments

Danny

Code Red
Premium
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Grim10
Are you kidding?
I'm having a morning of appreciating the Dodge/Chrysler Viper's racing history.
So what's you're favourite livery this American hero's been adorned with?

Personally I liked the Labre Competition livery.
Viper2.jpg

I like the Red and white one Jackington posted but my fav is the one Alex posted.

Labre probably, but, maybe it's because I've been in the road going GTS-R, I like the white/blue-striped Oreca vipers, aswell as the Oreca vipers posted above
v6m7bc.jpg

This is the car I've had a (very fast) ride in. It's owed by the President of the UK Viper owner's club and was originally owned by Justin Bell, the man who drove the race car to the GT2 class win at Le Mans '98.
2exafwo.jpg

I remember that last one from the Le Mans game! Original PS1 version ftw!

The Zakspeed Vipers look nice, but they're also sacriligous. They have V8's, which is just wrong, the V10 the heart and soul of the Viper.

The Zakspeed Vipers look nice, but they're also sacriligous. They have V8's, which is just wrong, the V10 the heart and soul of the Viper.
Maybe the V8 engines were put in there to comply with the rules for the class they were racing in for the Nurburgring 24 hours race?

And for the record, the ORECA red livery is amongst my favorite Viper liveries.;)

They still actually had a V10 in '07, just had two cylinders deactivated.

My favourite livery is also the '98/'99 Oreca.

I can't choose. They are all stunning. If I had to pick, it'd have to be this one.

dodge-viper-gtsr-22.jpg

I can still hear Tiff Needell's voice on the Test Drive Le Mans PS1 grid.

Viper Team Oreca, GT2..

I think Le Mans on the PS1 has to be the best racing game of all time. I loved how you could even change the rev limit of your car too.

Quite possibly my favorite game of all time. I still remember my favorite moment of it as well, a 10-lap race on the fantasy 'Mulsanne' circuit. I'm in a Chamberlain Viper (the second pic in post #7, incidentally), chasing down a Cirtek Mustang for the lead (I'm about 10 years old at this point, so things like winning a race on a PS1 game is a big deal). Coming into the final left hander before the plunge down the pit straight, I'm feeling ballsy so I try and take the Cirtek Mustang on the outside. All of a sudden, all I can see is fire. The engine on the Mustang had exploded in spectacular fashion, and the COM car slid across the track right in front of me, and then shot into the gravel pit. I don't know why, but I look back at that as my fondest gaming memory.

I like the Primetime car. Black and white stripes:tup:

Back