Your Favourite TV Adverts

• Thread starter mp10
  • 79 comments
That ad makes me laugh everytime, even more so that I just spent the past 2 days watching all star wars episodes.

XD

Probably been posted already but this has got to be the funniest ad I've ever seen. Doritos always has funny ads. From the Super Bowl a few years ago.

This is my other one. This is totally not possible haha. I have the truck doing the work in the same exact year haha

Commercials when I was just a little boy (early 70's)

Atari 2600 Pitfall commercial. EVERYBODY who had an Atari had this game.

"Good stuff, Maynard!" Malt-O-Meal commercial.

The Little Cesars "It's cheese!" commercial that was banned here in SoCal because black people felt it was racist. The "It's cheese" line in this commercial is different. It's toned down a lot from the original 'more racist' version. People were saying that line for years to come.

This is my other one. This is totally not possible haha. I have the truck doing the work in the same exact year haha

Truck commercials used to be so good. Love those ones. 👍

Chev's the one that towed the mountain though :sly:

^^^^That's even more crazy fake hahahha. I was waiting for someone to post that one XD

This spot is still beautifully executed, to this day. Everything about the atmosphere is perfect. HHCL went from fairly quiet to stringing together an absolute masterpiece.

Also, any of the Third Place PS2 ads that Lynch directed and supervised. They struck the balance between bizarre and somewhat effective; the Mental Wealth spot was just creepy. That was the turning point for their campaigns really. I don't know whether Microsoft deserve credit for going with Champagne, their response really, or deserve a slap on the wrist for trying a weak shockvertising comeback. MW wasn't really shockvertising either, it was more just the direction SCE wanted to go, which is why we now have some slightly eerie yet classic campaigns.

Funny adverts for Kia Pride (background music is Words by F.R. David 👍).

Last edited:
hsv
*Judderman

I love the Metz adverts, even to this day, it marks the best in quality ad making. The Judder doctor was another great one. Just a shame you can't find Metz anymore, I'm experimenting with making my own lemon and lime schnapps.

Anyway, I love this one:

Back