Your go to car for hot lapping and having fun??!

• Thread starter TypeRDC5
  • 48 comments
The majority of my time in GT Sport has been spent on Nordschleife in the Peugeot 908 HDi. Just hot lapping and trying different setups, current best time is a 5:12 I believe on SS tires, with the power turned all the way up.

After doing so many Daily Races in the Gr4 and Gr3 cars, I honestly don't enjoy driving the street cars at all, especially with the simplification of mods compared to the previous GT games. I pretty much only drive those Daily Races. I use the Gr4 and Gr3 Mustangs by far the most, but have spent a fair amount of time with the Gr3 458 Italia. It sounds incredible and is a lot of fun to drive, but it's a lot tougher to get right than the Mustang is. When I get it right, it's faster for me than the Mustang but I am more consistent with the Mustang. With the Ferrari, corner entry is really a razor's edge whether I get through it fast or end up oversteering way too much. Maybe I need to tweak a setting but that's with TCS on 2.

I did try the McLaren F1 on Monza right after the update and that was pretty damn fun too.

Toyota Supra & Mazda Rx7 & Dodge Viper 02 for drifting. Especially the new Viper that they added lately, its so beatiful and fun to drive.

Ford Raptor & Ferrari 512 & Dodge Charger for simple cruising, or chilling. But i have a lots of cars i like to drive in this game.

Hyundai Genesis Gr4 & Dodge Viper Gr 4 and Gr3 & Subaru WRX Gr3 for racing. What can i say, I love Dodge.

23n8qw.jpg

I’m on a pad too, but no way on earth is it possible to be really fast using x and square, it’s far too binary. You should really look to switching to L1,R1 asap

I've tried to change to L2 and R2 but i have 20 years of using x and square to accelerate and L2 & R2 to change gears, everytime i go to practise switching controls it just doesn't feel right.

Willing to keep trying though!

I've tried to change to L2 and R2 but i have 20 years of using x and square to accelerate and L2 & R2 to change gears, everytime i go to practise switching controls it just doesn't feel right.

Willing to keep trying though!

Yeah mate, its one of the most important things. Use L2 R2, its the best way. Practice and you will see after a short amount of time! Good luck with that :)

Mazda RX-7 on [insert any track here]. That is a top 5 fav car in my book. Another would be a 90's NSX, if they ever release one :nervous:

Jerome

I just tried swapping from the pad buttons to the L2 R2 triggers today. Disaster! It's like learning to drive all over again. The throttle zone seems way too small and only very subtle finger movements seem to get you where you need to be. I'm not nearly nimble enough.

I'll continue to mash the X button up and do maintain a certain speed while swapping to the brake constantly during every turn.

Really need to save up for a wheel. Maybe by GT7...

You’ve answered your own question, you’re struggling with L2,R2 because you’ve got in your head that you usually just hit the button and go.
I too was a square/X user right back from Gran Turismo and other early PlayStation games, but after a time had to admit defeat that it’s just not possible to be the quickest with that configuration.
Even when the old pads had touch sensitive square and X it was still hard to use them without going to max straight away. At least the shoulder buttons give a lot more movement in comparison.
I would suggest using an auto box if you
dont already, to help try to avoid confusion when changing gear.
I made the switch with GTA5 came out, at first it felt a bit wrong but I soon picked it up and found it so much more controllable. Then when Sport came out I started with manual and wondered why I hadn’t used it in this way before, it is easily the best pad configuration!
With practice I was soon able to use Gr3 with TCS off and not be spinning out on every corner. It has shaved tons of time off my laps.
Put in some laps on time trial and persevere, you’ll be glad you did

The old cars are nice. I have also gotten fond of the p4 330, the f40, the cobra and in a lesser degree, the xj13.
The 330 p4 is by far my favourite, and it can be used in the Ferrari challenge in GT league.

I can’t handle the beast with no TCS, have to leave it on 1, I’m a pad user and still use x and square. Still hard to tame even on 1 but so much fun to drive.

I just tried swapping from the pad buttons to the L2 R2 triggers today. Disaster! It's like learning to drive all over again. The throttle zone seems way too small and only very subtle finger movements seem to get you where you need to be. I'm not nearly nimble enough.

I'll continue to mash the X button up and do maintain a certain speed while swapping to the brake constantly during every turn.

Really need to save up for a wheel. Maybe by GT7...

My sincere advice... try the L2 and R2 combination. Once you get used to it, most cars within 400 HP are extreme fun to drive with TCS off, F40 especially.

The old cars are nice. I have also gotten fond of the p4 330, the f40, the cobra and in a lesser degree, the xj13.
The 330 p4 is by far my favourite, and it can be used in the Ferrari challenge in GT league.
How have you already got both the 330 P4 and XJ13? Grinding, I'm guessing?

Audi Gr.3 and Ferrari Gr.3 are fun and challenging to drive, going to try the Lamborghini Gr.3 once I win it or purchase it soon. M6 is also a fun car, can be challenging on certain tracks too. RSR and Corvette are fun to drive as well, they are a bit more stable than other cars.

Back