Your GTP soundtrack

• Thread starter Calundanni
  • 22 comments
Calundanni
What are you listening to when driving? I'm with the Arctic Monkeys, great stuff for agressive driving ..... Road rage incognito! :crazy:

I'm not sure if "agressive driving" is the right way to use Prologue. That's why I don't listen to music while driving, I want to listen to the engine and concentrate on driving.

I'm often an aggressive overtaker, but aggression doesn't always mean violence (ie contact).

Agreed - I consider myself an aggressive driver too. Aggressive in the sense of piling the pressure on by staying close and threatening overtakes even when I have no intention of going for it. And if you leave the racing line, even for a millisecond, you aint getting it back buster :sly:

I'm not sure if "agressive driving" is the right way to use Prologue. That's why I don't listen to music while driving, I want to listen to the engine and concentrate on driving.

I use the game in many ways, in events when it's just for a laugh, I put music on to compliment my driving mood..... Other times, like you, I just enjoy the game, the car, the sound of the engine etc. etc. No music on.... When online, it's an absolute no go with music, can't concentrate, can't focus, I have a hard time enough fighting myself when I drive.... Enjoy the game for seriousness and for the fun.... I addressed this for the fun part.....

Ya driving music don't work for me, I like to hear the race noises.... But maybe some NIN would work every now and then...:)

I know I might get poohed on for this, but the race messages in GRiD are kinda cool, I mean if you did something like that but with realistic style pit feedback, like they do in real races? That would be a good idea I think. 👍 Not music, but it's audio.

I don't listen to music while I race, too distracting. :) Because I like to sing with my music. Plus I like hearing the engine, listening for my shift points!

The first thing I do when I get any driving game is turn off the music. You're at a HUGE disadvantage if you have music going while playing.

I turned off the music straight away, I too like to hear every detail of the my and other cars.

In my opinion, if you listen to the music while racing, you are missing so much, I couldn't believe it when I was speeding down the straight and could hear the wind rushing past the window, got into someone's slipstream and it went quiet, moved out to overtake and the noise of the wind rushing past came back. I loved it!

Regards

I turned off the music straight away, I too like to hear every detail of the my and other cars.

In my opinion, if you listen to the music while racing, you are missing so much, I couldn't believe it when I was speeding down the straight and could hear the wind rushing past the window, got into someone's slipstream and it went quiet, moved out to overtake and the noise of the wind rushing past came back. I loved it!

Regards

Not really, you just have to be concentrating a bit more. I drive with the in game soundtrack on, just because it breaks up some of the monotonous parts of racing, like when your 30 seconds behind or in front. Maybe not in the case of GT5P, but with GT4 it also helped with endurance races, a lot.
Maybe Im just good at picking out sounds, I just find it easy to drive with music and listen for slipstream/revs/other cars/tyre squeal/etc.

I do often turn off the music in games, most the time to listen to my own music which mostly consists of Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age, Green Day, Sum 41 and some Blink 182. However, I still drive fast. :)

Quite an interesting thread, I have the in game music on low, I also like to be able to hear the engine and the other cars around me. I struggle when the missus is talking to me, or her mate on the phone, really distracting. :crazy:

I usually don't listen to music if I am trying to complete a challenge. When just casually racing I often listen to '80s new wave and modern synthpop. If I am out to ram cars off the road (because I can't in real life) I'll listen to some Ministry, Noisex, Combichrist, :wumpscut:, etc.

I always immediately turn off all music in racing games. I cant stand it. Its usually crappy anyway (GT5P being no exception). I kind of like the calm music in the menus tho, for some reason. Its quite relaxing :)

I always immediately turn off all music in racing games. I cant stand it. Its usually crappy anyway (GT5P being no exception). I kind of like the calm music in the menus tho, for some reason. Its quite relaxing :)

Agreed I leave the menu music on, it can soothe me after an aggravating race. :)

Back