Your love for Forza vs your disgust of MS...

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 150 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Well i have a bit of a problem now; i really love the Forza franchise as it adressed all the things i didn't like with GT (AI, sounds, types of cars etcetera), but now i have to deal with the fact that if i want to continue with the series i have to buy a DRM based, restricting little wallet sucker of a Xbox one and the spycamera that comes with it...

As a matter of principle i do not want to support what MS is doing here, so my next gen will be a PS4 in the hope that the mutes @ polyphony will wake up and finally adress their gamebreaker flaws.

Feels like a girlfriend you dumped, because you tought you could do better than her as she had too many flaws, only to get cheated on by your new girlfriend and having to return back to the old one, hat in hand... :(

I'm feeling exactly the same as you do. My frustration is absolutely going towards the Xbox One, and not Forza Motorsport itself, which is looking amazing. If Microsoft wants people to buy their games, they have to give their customers a reason to want their system first, and there is just no compelling arguments to want to put up with the Xbox One ecosystem; it comes off as very unfriendly and confusing. The PlayStation 4 on the other hand is very simple and friendly to all of its users.

Maybe T10 will pull a Slightly Mad Studios and divorce their evil corporate giant (in SMS' case, EA) and self publish...

NFS Shift was so close to being a really awesome game. Everything that sucked about it was because of EA. pCars has no input from EA and is really awesome. Without microsoft, FM would not be compelled to spend (waste) time developing useless features for microsoft peripherals like kinect nor be compelled to be a launch title, which I'm pretty sure is 100% microsoft's demand.

Unfortunately, I think Dan likes money so it's unlikely.

I know MS has been (rightfully so) getting a lot of negativity but the only game I really want from PS4 and XO events is Forza 5. I'm bummed about no weather and dynamic time, although I rarely race in those conditions, but the only thing preventing me from preordering already is the whole wheel support thing. If MS goes closed wheel support again and Fanatecs don't work, I won't even get an XO nor Forza 5. There is no reason to NOT go open wheel support or at minimum allow Fanatecs to work somehow. So really, love Forza games but hate MS's stance on the wheel stuff

I am in exactly the same boat, so I plan on buying a second hand Xbox One to spite M$ and their BS.

The only game on PS4 that could possibly appeal to me is a Gran Turismo game, but GT6 is going to be on PS3 so I have no need to buy a PS4 any time soon.

After hearing that Forza 5 wont have night or weather, I lost a lot of respect for T10. The endless excuses were almost acceptable on the 360 due to "console limitations" but to still be missing from F5 is unacceptable imo. I will not defend any of their excuses for these 2 very important missing features. Plus I have a very bad feeling we will be getting less cars in F5 than we had in F4 due to the fact they said ALL the F5 cars are in Autovista.

Forza 5 is the ONLY reason I even considered getting the X1 on the day it launched. As I have said before, I don't need a new console at all. However the exclusives like Halo, Forza, Gears Of War, and Crackdown had me leaning toward the X1. Now I know I will just wait until Christmas or even next year before getting either of the next gen console.

Same here but there's nothing T10 could've done about it. If they could haev, they would have done so.

I am in exactly the same boat, so I plan on buying a second hand Xbox One to spite M$ and their BS.
I would do the same thing but I'm still not spending a significant sum on a device with such dire restrictions and an engineered shelf life. If it ever happens, it'll have to be a bargain.

Same here but there's nothing T10 could've done about it. If they could haev, they would have done so.
That's just bs. Their priorities are obviously focused toward something else. They COULD have put in weather / night racing. NO excuse for it. Sounds like they have been focusing TOO much on graphics. So they cut corners.

Last edited:
After hearing that Forza 5 wont have night or weather, I lost a lot of respect for T10. The endless excuses were almost acceptable on the 360 due to "console limitations" but to still be missing from F5 is unacceptable imo. I will not defend any of their excuses for these 2 very important missing features. Plus I have a very bad feeling we will be getting less cars in F5 than we had in F4 due to the fact they said ALL the F5 cars are in Autovista.

Forza 5 is the ONLY reason I even considered getting the X1 on the day it launched. As I have said before, I don't need a new console at all. However the exclusives like Halo, Forza, Gears Of War, and Crackdown had me leaning toward the X1. Now I know I will just wait until Christmas or even next year before getting either of the next gen console.

Don't you lose respect for something on, what, a daily basis?

Well i have a bit of a problem now; i really love the Forza franchise as it adressed all the things i didn't like with GT (AI, sounds, types of cars etcetera), but now i have to deal with the fact that if i want to continue with the series i have to buy a DRM based, restricting little wallet sucker of a Xbox one and the spycamera that comes with it...

As a matter of principle i do not want to support what MS is doing here, so my next gen will be a PS4 in the hope that the mutes @ polyphony will wake up and finally adress their gamebreaker flaws.

Feels like a girlfriend you dumped, because you tought you could do better than her as she had too many flaws, only to get cheated on by your new girlfriend and having to return back to the old one, hat in hand... :(

1. I don't rent, trade or buy used games. non issue for me

2. The kinect could spy on me the same way my Cell, ipad and most other web connected device i have. good thing i'm not a drug lord and just a graphic designer so thats a non issue.

3. every time i turn on my xbox 360 or ps3 i connect to the internet, so that check in is of no concern.

4. The price, people go and buy new smart phones and tablets every two years for close the same price. The xbox one is a device I'll be using for the next 7 years, rock on.

Unfortunately, I think Dan likes money so it's unlikely.

along with anyone else that owns a business or that has a job.

Last edited:
If there is a bad guy here, Microsoft is it. If T10 could not get it really right, then I would prefer they held off. Question to them is "will it at some point be in this game, or will it be in the next version of Forza? I hate the piecemeal way PD added in cockpit view on their standard cars, that to me is lazy. Neither company is perfect, but they owe us paying customers the best product that they can give us. On another note, just wait until those DLC's start coming in!

I dont like money, I pay my employer to let me work.

:dopey:

1. I don't rent, trade or buy used games. non issue for me

2. The kinect could spy on me the same way my Cell, ipad and most other web connected device i have. good thing i'm not a drug lord and just a graphic designer so thats a non issue.

3. every time i turn on my xbox 360 or ps3 i connect to the internet, so that check in is of no concern.

4. The price, people go and buy new smart phones and tablets every two years for close the same price. The xbox one is a device I'll be using for the next 7 years, rock on.

along with anyone else that owns a business or that has a job.

All of it. +1 👍

I was just about to post that. And in response to this and this thread, I'm going to quote myself:

Well, this certainly rules out all chances of me getting a Xbox One, as if the way it works wasn't bad enough. Even if Fanatec wheels turn out to be compatible with it, I would still refuse to give my money to a company like this. A shame Turn 10 has to work under Microsoft. Horizon may be the last Forza game I buy at this rate.

So yeah, I'm getting a PS4 once GT7's announced.

I'm curious. When's the last time somebody resold a song they bought on iTunes? What's a used copy of Photoshop going for?

Considering all chances were ruled out prior to that idiotic statement, I'm failing to understand how that same idiotic statement changed anything in relation to that.

Ah, so hundreds of hours of entertainment = Microsoft is Satan.

Making money = Good Guy Adobe.

And the going rate of used iTunes music?

I'm only trying to help put things into perspective.

I'm curious. When's the last time somebody resold a song they bought on iTunes? What's a used copy of Photoshop going for?

The difference is tangible items and digital downloads. You already can't resell anything you download on PSN, people accept that (Well, some don't). Physical discs they buy though, people want the freedom to do with them as they please.

I was under the assumption that the same reselling rules would apply to digital downloads as well, but it seems I'm mistaken.

PC games, you can't trade those in or buy them used, even when they're physical media. In the beginning, like many months ago, I was a bit put off by the potential lack of used games, but after I thought about a vast majority of the games I buy can't be traded in (Steam). I think your view depends on how you play a majority of your games, I'm mostly a PC gamer so I accept if I buy something it's mine whether it's good or bad. I know console users have be conditioned differently.

---

On the topic, I don't agree with some of Microsoft's business practices, but I don't think they are bad enough to push me away from the console. I already ordered my Day One Edition and with any luck it will be at my apartment on launch day along with a LE copy of Forza 5. Worse case scenario I put a box over the Kinnect unit and foil Microsoft's dubious plot to watch me play games in my underpants.

Lol at the both of you. Where can we see your work? :)

My boss wouldn't appreciate me putting up work, he's pretty paranoid about losing customers. He'd freak out if we had a Kinnect in here. Truth is we rarely use photoshop except for gentlemen's clubs, they love all the crazy effects and garbage you can put on a file. That and to fix the garbage people think is print acceptable. We're a print company that has a graphic department, work is different every day, today a college catalog and I'd like to blow my brains out.

Back