Your most anticipated games of 2023?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 88 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear racing fans in the GTPlanet

We're in early 2023 and I would like to see you guys share your most anticipated games for 2023.

My ones are:
  1. RENNSPORT
  2. FIA World Endurance Championship 2023 Game
  3. WRC 23
  4. F1 23
  5. NASCAR 23
  6. Forza Motorsport Reboot
  7. Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown

I'm only interested in Forza and TDU. The incredibly poor showings of last year give me next to no hope there will be anything else to look forward to.

Last edited:
@GTxForza I think it's fair to say you have a type.

I'm most looking forward to Replaced, I have doubts it'll live up to the trailer but I can dream.

Other than that, I have loads of games on my Steam wishlist, most of them are indie games that I'm sure I would forget about if I didn't save them somewhere.

Curious about Starfield but not as curious as I am certain it'll be awful at launch, also interested in Forza Motorsport but mindful of the fact it probably won't run well on my Steam Deck.

Dear racing fans in the GTPlanet

We're in early 2023 and I would like to see you guys share your most anticipated games for 2023.

My ones are:
  1. RENNSPORT
  2. FIA World Endurance Championship 2023 Game
  3. WRC 23
  4. F1 23
  5. NASCAR 23
  6. Forza Motorsport Reboot
  7. Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
I don’t bother getting excited about anything developed by Motorsport Games. Rennsport is also a bit iffy at this point but I think the rest are exciting for me

I don’t bother getting excited about anything developed by Motorsport Games. Rennsport is also a bit iffy at this point but I think the rest are exciting for me
Yes, I'm aware of Motorsport Games' current state after the launch of NASCAR 21: Ignition.

Interested to see what codemasters do with the WRC license and how the new TDU comes together but not excited for any racing games in 2023 just yet.

Edit: Just realised this isn't racing specific only so I'll add Resident Evil 4 remake in the mix. Might even be a day one purchase if the reviews are good.

Last edited:
Forza and WRC '23 are the only ones I'm really anticipating, TDU is intriguing but is very much in the wait and see category.

AMS2 will also be one to watch as they continue building it into something truly special, especially if they are able to accomplish their goal of making it more modable.

In no particular order:

Forza Motorsport
Assassins Creed Mirage
WRC '23
F1 '23
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

In no particular order

• RE4 Remake
  • FF16
  • Cyberpunk DLC
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Might pick up FM but not pre-ordering or anything before I tried it and saw reviews of it. Bought ultimate of 6 and 7 but wasnt worth it at the end so not gonna spend anything before I could try it.

Last edited:
Forza Motorsports, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Redfall, Starfield, Atomic Heart, Assasin's Creed Mirage.

Edit: After checking my backlog I have to say that I will play these games from 2024 onwards... probably.

Last edited:
FIA World Endurance Championship 2023 Game
Despicable Me Lol GIF

Jedi: Survivor
Spiderman 2
Tears Of The Kingdom

Those 3 alone would keep me happily occupied for most of the year.

The WEC game is never coming out this year, no chance.

I’m interested in the Forza Motorsport reboot, but if I’m honest since FM4 have got very limited enjoyment out of any FM game, because (and I think this is an unpopular opinion?) the handling and driving model utterly sucks. The cars scrabble around with zero grip in this really unconvincing way that makes driving a car in FM an absolute chore. In some ways it’s ahead of GT but my God Polyphony have the handling nailed in Gran Turismo. So unless Forza 2023 is a complete from the ground up reboot that loses that whole driving feel, hmm.

I’m really intrigued by WRC23 and I think it’ll probably play brilliantly. My interest is whether it’ll feel distinct from DiRT Rally 2.0, whether it’ll still offer the classic cars, the customization/sandbox type stuff, or whether it’ll be something completely new and focused on the WRC license. I kinda hope it’s DiRT Rally 3.0 with a WRC license in truth because my interest in the real WRC these days is fairly limited.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Firewall Ultra
3. Everspace 2 for PS5
4. Starfield
5. Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
6. WRC 2023 (I hope for PSVR2 support)
7. F1 2023 (I hope for PSVR2 support)
8. STALKER 2
9. Homeworld 3
10. Forza Motorsport (but i am a bit skeptical about it.)

Sure we will see TDU in '23 when there wasn't even a glimpse of gameplay yet?

For me more or less just Forza 8 + FH5 Rally DLC
WRC 23 only if it's more Dirt 6 than Dirt Rally 3. Don't know if there are infos yet if it should be sim or arcade?

I’m interested in the Forza Motorsport reboot, but if I’m honest since FM4 have got very limited enjoyment out of any FM game, because (and I think this is an unpopular opinion?) the handling and driving model utterly sucks. The cars scrabble around with zero grip in this really unconvincing way that makes driving a car in FM an absolute chore.
Nah I hear ya, I sometimes refer to Forza as the Dark Souls of racing

Back