Your "most enjoyable" car in GT3

United States
Los Angeles, CA
WRBWRXMAX
Max Archer
After years of playing GT3, certain cars stand out as the cars that are just perfect for taking into a free run and just driving.

My current favorite is the Super Autobacs MR-S. It is, by far, the most neutral feeling car in my garage, and I just can't get over how well it drives. Through every corner, there's no understeer, and just a tiny hint of oversteer when pushed. The brakes and their balance are also perfectly set up. Adressing the major flaw of it's base, it has just enough power that you don't get the annoying sensation of an underpowered car, but the power is low enough to be entirely manageable.

So, how about you? It can make bad lap times, it can be low-powered, it's all about being fun to take around a track. But what are your favorite cars?

I like to drive cars stock, or nearly stock. You get the real feel for it, not the "modified" feel. Cars I enjoy...

FC and FD RX7
Mini Cooper :D
R32 Skyline GTS-t Type M
Ruf RGT and 3400S
Lotus Elise
Lotus Esprit Sport 350
hmm.... just about anything not overly heavy, with a decent amount of power

Opel Speedster and the MR-S. Just love how those cars feel around the tight tracks.

My all time fav though will always be my MR2 GT-S. Just a great car, fun to drive, and fast 👍

R33 Nismo 400R
Integra Type R (My most used car, I've been tweaking a single setup since the first day of GT3's release and it's perfect)
Calibra & Astra Touring Car's

The Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R VspecII, gun metal with some dark rims......

Then it's the EVO4, also in black or white (no MJ please :P ) also drives very nice, it's more enjoyable than the newer ones, allthough not as fast !

Other nice cars to drive, the Integra Type R, Opel Speedster, Toyota MR-S with Celica engine (tuned to 190 hp :) ), Audi S4 and the Miata (any one of them, they all handle suprisingly good)

CLK55 fully tuned (I love that drift replay), and also I lovethe S4.

Here are my favorite cars:
Mines skyline :bowdown: :bowdown:
Mazda 787B :bowdown: :bowdown:
Dodge viper gtsr team oreca ( i probably spelt it wrong but you know what i mean) :bowdown: :bowdown:
Tommy kiara ZZII :bowdown: :bowdown:
Nissan skyline GTR R33 :bowdown: :bowdown:
Honda S2000 LM Race car :bowdown: :bowdown:

There are a lot of cars I like. It's important, though, to not give any of them too much power. The most enjoyable setups I've found include full lightening, suspension, transmission, and a set of sticky tires. That said, I like the Group B cars for most of my driving, Le Mans cars for when I'm looking for raw power, and Formula 1 when I want to go blistering fast.

LoudMusic
It's important, though, to not give any of them too much power.

I completely agree. For me it's lightweight FR or MR, tuned to ~350HP. My gold FD RX-7 is the car I've spent the most time tuning, and I'll second Mr. Turkey's recommendation of the Spoon S2000. Also, the MR2 GT-S and any Miata will get a 👍 from me.

either the cobra r or the trueno S.S. version...(try taking either of the cars, especially the cobra on rally courses with rally tires...now THATS fun [wish you could slip rally tires on all the cars in the game...imagine taking some of the race cars on dirt :)] and if yer really looking for fun...RUF RGT on rally...RWD rear engine...if you can do that, yer awesome)

my favorite car would probably be the R34 GTR Vspec II. it's powerful and torquey, so you can drive it all over the rev range. it's so dynamic in its handling, you can grip drive around a corner very easily and quickly, and it doesn't understeer anywhere near as bad as most of the other awd cars in the game (yes evo4, i'm looking at you!) or you can push it to the limit and bring the arse out under brakes and drift it as well. maybe it just suits my driving style, but i love that car so much

the R33 Nismo 400R would be a close second. fully worked, this makes more power than the R34 so it's got a bit more potential as a racecar, and the handling is very similar. going from a stg2 turbo R34 to a stg2 turbo 400R wasn't much of a learning curve, i just had to get used to taking corners alot faster

i also love the Pennzoil GTR, i do the midfield license test in this over and over and over and over. it's more fun than playing the actual game. for a car that's so stupidly powerful, it turns so well, and can keep up with things like the Camaro racecar which has about 200hp more than it

i guess i'm just a skyline whore :P

the MX5 is good, but you reach its limit fairly easily. my drift setup car is an FD RX7 RZ, the same yellow as the Initial D RX7. i'm thinking of painting my own car that color. damn i wish i had 40 grand to buy one :)

There are quite a few cars with a fun factor in GT3. My favorites are -
Corvette GS.
Mustang Cobra R
Lotus Espirit
Aston Martin Vanquish, DB7
Shelby Cobra
I can't think of any more right now..... mabye later.

I've got well over 1400 miles on my RGT, and just over a 1000 in a stock Miata. Then of course, theres my stratus that's got 800 or so on it.

I've also got a stock Esprit V8 with 800 or so miles on it.

I can tool around Midfield in the RGT for hours on end.

That's likely my favorite.

AO

mine would probably be the RUF 3400s i just bought today to do the spyder and roadster professional races. Its white and has the bronze bbs spoke rims...also handles very well and has a crap load of power.

mine is my fully modded viper GTS coupe solid black 1107hp and very fast. next,my camaro SS. 740hp and does 219mph with ease my Camaro racer cause when I got the right settings I can smoke corvette C5R's all day long. also my diablo on super speedway with my setup for it . for an idea of how fast it is strap a jet engine to a slot car;or the diablo on any course

CrackHoor
I completely agree. For me it's lightweight FR or MR, tuned to ~350HP. My gold FD RX-7 is the car I've spent the most time tuning, and I'll second Mr. Turkey's recommendation of the Spoon S2000. Also, the MR2 GT-S and any Miata will get a 👍 from me.

I agree, about 350HP is dead on. Usually I won't upgrade the engine, but rather do engine ballancing and such. The key is in light weight and a snappy responce in the transmission. Once the PWR drops to 2.5 ~ 3.0, you're golden.

I like the Calsonic skyline because it handles so well. THe C5R is also really sweet. For stock cars I like the Miatas also the 240sx fastback.

Back