Your most favorite Forza Motorsport game?

Your most favorite Forza game?

• Forza Motorsport 1

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Forza Motorsport 2

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Forza Motorsport 3

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Forza Motorsport 4

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters
Out of all four Forza games, which one was your most favorite and why was it your favorite? For me, it's Forza 2 then Forza 4 with a close second. Forza 4 almost has everything better than Forza 2 except for the career mode. I personally think the career mode in Forza 4 is a little tedious (like Forza 3's) while Forza 2's career mode looks like they actually took more time into it. I'm not saying Forza 4's career is bad, it's just a little repetitive for me.

To the moderators: If you feel like this thread is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

Forza 4 is my automatic favorite and by a large margin.

In my opinion, Turn 10 swung a strike, a foul ball, another strike, and then a triple. Forza 1 was very "meh" for me. Forza 2 was great at everything except the driving physics. Forza 3 improved the physics somewhat but added superglue tires and packaged it all in a bland game. Forza 4 fixed the tire model and made strides in the singleplayer experience, though it could still be better.

I agree with you about the career mode(s).

I reckon 4 is the best, mainly cause of the graphics, to be honest I didn't really notice a difference in the physics between the games, but I haven't played the others much...

I 3rd that about the career though, I play the game whenever I get some free time, which isn't often, and because I don't have live I can really only play career. I'm on my 23rd race of the last season and it's been super repetitive. I find my self letting out a huge sigh when the dude says "now we're going back to blah blah" cause I'm sick of racing the same tracks over and over.

T10 really needs to introduce some new tracks!!!

Forza 1 for me, 4 is fantastic, but instead of adding stuff to Forza 1 to create 2 3 & 4 they removed all the great things Forza 1 had!

@Fezz ST: What are those things?

EdP
I 3rd that about the career though, I play the game whenever I get some free time, which isn't often, and because I don't have live I can really only play career. I'm on my 23rd race of the last season and it's been super repetitive. I find my self letting out a huge sigh when the dude says "now we're going back to blah blah" cause I'm sick of racing the same tracks over and over.

T10 really needs to introduce some new tracks!!!
Random tip: After you're done with Season Play, do the first race again (it starts over from the beginning). That way, when the clumsy menu causes you to accidentally click "Season Play," you won't have to sit through the Season 1 intro every time. Just the brief, "and now you'll be racing at the prestigious blah blah."

We need tracks badly. I hope Turn 10 paid attention to Shift 2 Unleashed.

90% of the tracks is the biggest one, The sounds of the BoV's and Superchargers was great, in FM4 you can barely hear the SC and even though there are some good BoV sounds in 4 they aren't loud enough, NIGHT RACING!

90% of the tracks is the biggest one, The sounds of the BoV's and Superchargers was great, in FM4 you can barely hear the SC and even though there are some good BoV sounds in 4 they aren't loud enough, NIGHT RACING!
Sound is a fairly spotty area for FM4, isn't it. I vaguely remember a few of the original tracks. Weren't there more fantasy courses? I always appreciate those more than boringly safe, modern, licensed racetracks.

I can't even find any track/place in FM4 where your headlights turn on. Kind of a downer for photographing pop-up headlight cars. Why couldn't they add that for the Sunrise/Sunset tracks? No fancy track illumination needed.

The brakelight effects seem pretty minimum-effort on some cars, so it might be too much to ask. Probably a complication of outsourcing modelling work.

Forza 4 but I do miss drivatar from the original, its a real shame team management hasn't been incorporated into any racing games. Forza 1 was the best for driver training, Gran Turismo 4/5 have had the best B-Spec (Ai driving for you) and Grid was great in lettting you race your teammate.

I might have gone a few thousand miles off-topic, sorry!

Each Forza has improved and F4 is easily the best IMO. The only other thing I want in the series is weather along with day/night. Oh and remove the stupid vinyl top off the 69 Camaro.

4 easily, love the car selection, kind of reminds me of Enthusia with all the niche cars that have been included.

I wish 4 had more knockout and points based tournaments offline, even an eliminator or two would be welcome.

Other than that it's a great game to play. T10 pretty much came through on the vast majority of what they promised and still managed to deliver the odd surprise like Rivals mode.

I'm not sure about any metaphysical qualities like a soul, but the WRTCC videos have plenty of soul (as well as on the backing tracks). Those tyre physics make it a less sterile experience than 3's supergrip.

I know I've already said I love Forza 4, but no Endurance races or long races has ruined offline for me, I'll only do offline if I'm really bored

Halo Reach is much worse than Halo 3.
lol, Halo 3 is by far the worse game in the series, but to each their own, heh

As for Forza, Forza 4 is indeed the best game in the series. Like many other game series, Forza's development is an iterative process. Even if there may be some things missing/removed and if some points may be disappointing, each new game is better than its predecessor.

Forza 4, even with the multiplayer problems. I still play it more than any other game, but the online problems are disappointing. :indiff:

I love Forza 4! Turn 10 has done a great job with this release. However, (in my opinion) the lack of a deal to include Porsche has me in the "Forza 3 was best" category. For that matter, Forza 2 was pretty darn good as well. Yes FM4 has MUCH improved physics, graphics, etc... but the lack of Porsche (an extremely significant contributor to auto racing) keeps me from giving FM4 top honors.

Sure FM3 had poor lighting and the physics were light years behind FM4, but it has Porsche! That's enough for me.

If Turn 10 gets the licensing rights to include Porsche as DLC in FM4, then that's a different story. It would easily be FM4 for the win. I don't need endurance races or weather changes, etc... Just Porsche!

edit: WELL it's official. Porsche is coming to Forza 4 so I now have to change my previous choice. Forza 4 with Porsche will DEFINATELY be my favorite! :)

Night racing... For all intents and purposes the night racing in fm1 is crap.
It's not really night racing imo if you don't need the light emitted from your headlights, in fact if you break the headlight bulbs there's no noticable difference lol The tracks are so well lit it defeats the point of the race being held at night. For the same effect in fm4 turn your monitors brightness down until it displays black and white, it's almost the same effect. I miss some things from fm1, but this is not one honestly.

I only miss Tokyo because the track layout is an excellent street circuit, I'd be happy if it returned as a daytime only track

Re: Blow off sounds. Yes they were louder (overall), but they had no depth. Listen to the RS500 in fm4, there are at least 3 types of sounds for varying throttle amounts. fm1 had one sound fits all. Some of the Japanese cars in fm4 have ridiculously loud BV's when turbocharged. I raced someone online and his BV was drowning out my engine :lol:

I favour FM4 overall. it's the best in the series in terms of content, physics, racing, multiplayer options, and graphics

I can't choose between FM1 and FM2. They both are better than the last 2 (in my opinion) I still think Forza 2 has the best intro video.

Heh heh, I have to say that Forza 4 has the best intro out of them all.

Alex Metric is <3

Heh heh, I have to say that Forza 4 has the best intro out of them all.
I liked the recreation of the well-known Top Gear Audi R8 vs 911 clip.

But I'm sick of the same song, same song, starting every time I play.
I make sure to skip it, skip it, skip it right away.
Can't wait ooooonn the title screen.
Wait too looooooong it starts again, it starts again, it starts again, it starts again, it starts again, it starts again, it starts again, it starts again...

Back