Your most hated Gran Turismo Licence Tests?

• Thread starter JR98
  • 39 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
So I was doing IA-15 and thought, what are people's most hated licence tests? Here's my top 3

1. IA 15 - Nurburgring Guided Run, super frustrating, took over 15 tries to pass
2. A 10 - Suzuka Guided Run, would be among my favourite if ASM was off and the pace car had worse brakes
3. S 16 - Nurburgring Time Attack, if this was in a faster car I would like it but the 190E is so slow!

My least favorite license test in GT4 is when you have to follow the pace car in the mini cooper.

Can't remember if that was for the A or B license.

There was a point when I had golds for all license tests except for that ONE.

When I bought a logitech driving force pro, then the tests became easier.

GT6- S-5 (the one with the Bugatti Veyron in Ascari)
I got lucky to get it gold, but in my past tries, it was quite difficult. Tip is to put Traction control to 1 or 3. And I did it with my DS3.

B-15: Chrysler PT Cruiser Full Lap @ Infineon, This test isn't particularly hard but it ruined my 100% PT Cruiser free play through of GT4.
I just really don't like styling of that "car" (Or I feel a more accurate description: "half arsed retro blob with wheels".)

Driving wise; B16 (120d @ tsukuba) has an annoying launch and B8 & B9 (mx5 & M3 CSL @ twin ring) are both at the same slow hairpin corner.

So I was doing IA-15 and thought, what are people's most hated licence tests? Here's my top 3

1. IA 15 - Nurburgring Guided Run, super frustrating, took over 15 tries to pass
2. A 10 - Suzuka Guided Run, would be among my favourite if ASM was off and the pace car had worse brakes
3. S 16 - Nurburgring Time Attack, if this was in a faster car I would like it but the 190E is so slow!
I don't mind any of those tests, though I don't like S-16 as much as IA-15. With IA-15, you do have to follow the pace car, but aids are off, so you still have plenty of freedom of what you can do with the 190. Though it is long. Really long. With S-16, you do get to drive the 190 DTM, which sounds fun, but it's ruined by traction control.

My least favorite license test in GT4 is when you have to follow the pace car in the mini cooper.

Can't remember if that was for the A or B license.

There was a point when I had golds for all license tests except for that ONE.

When I bought a logitech driving force pro, then the tests became easier.

I hate all the pace car tests, the worst being B-10 (Laguna Seca in C3), A-10 (Suzuka in Integra Type R), IB-15 (Citi di Aria in Giulia GTA '65) and IA-15 (Nurburgring North in 190E Evo II). I only golded one guided test, and that was IA-10 (Fuji 2005 in Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR). I dont know how I did it and it was the only IA test I golded. The Tsukuba test in the Mini ONE is B-5 BTW

GT6- S-5 (the one with the Bugatti Veyron in Ascari)
I got lucky to get it gold, but in my past tries, it was quite difficult. Tip is to put Traction control to 1 or 3. And I did it with my DS3.
I aim for bronze on licence tests, took 7 tries to pass it in the Veyron.

B-15: Chrysler PT Cruiser Full Lap @ Infineon, This test isn't particularly hard but it ruined my 100% PT Cruiser free play through of GT4.
I just really don't like styling of that "car" (Or I feel a more accurate description: "half arsed retro blob with wheels".)

Driving wise; B16 (120d @ tsukuba) has an annoying launch and B8 & B9 (mx5 & M3 CSL @ twin ring) are both at the same slow hairpin corner.

I like the normal tests (Apart from the cone slalom in IB), its the guided runs and coffee breaks I dont like

I don't mind any of those tests, though I don't like S-16 as much as IA-15. With IA-15, you do have to follow the pace car, but aids are off, so you still have plenty of freedom of what you can do with the 190. Though it is long. Really long. With S-16, you do get to drive the 190 DTM, which sounds fun, but it's ruined by traction control.

I get really close to gold on IA-15 but I still hate it, my best time on it is 9:03.757, my latest attempt was 9:07.485. I dont mind TCS but its ASM that I hate. It makes anything super slow at low speeds, especially FF cars, I ALWAYS turn ASM off on all my cars on GT4. I also hate that you have to go to a race,go to driver aids and turn ASM off like that, it takes ages. We should just be able to go to car settings in our garages and turn the driver aids off there.

I hate all the pace car tests, the worst being B-10 (Laguna Seca in C3), A-10 (Suzuka in Integra Type R), IB-15 (Citi di Aria in Giulia GTA '65) and IA-15 (Nurburgring North in 190E Evo II). I only golded one guided test, and that was IA-10 (Fuji 2005 in Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR). I dont know how I did it and it was the only IA test I golded. The Tsukuba test in the Mini ONE is B-5 BTW

I aim for bronze on licence tests, took 7 tries to pass it in the Veyron.

I like the normal tests (Apart from the cone slalom in IB), its the guided runs and coffee breaks I dont like

I get really close to gold on IA-15 but I still hate it, my best time on it is 9:03.757, my latest attempt was 9:07.485. I dont mind TCS but its ASM that I hate. It makes anything super slow at low speeds, especially FF cars, I ALWAYS turn ASM off on all my cars on GT4. I also hate that you have to go to a race,go to driver aids and turn ASM off like that, it takes ages. We should just be able to go to car settings in our garages and turn the driver aids off there.
Actually, you can access car settings in your garage. Just press start on the main garage screen (the one where you can save) and you'll be taken there.

Also, I hate the slalom tests.

License S, Ford GT, Seattle, the hardest test for me, the handling was so BAD, and Chamonix rally test was hard too. But the Ford GT one was so annoying

I second that^^^^^^^^^:banghead:

It took me an inordinate number of attempts before I was able to Gold them.:ill:

GTsail
Yeah, the slalom tests are annoying. I don't even bother with gold, but I still don't like them. I only bother with all silver. Because I want the RX-8 Concept Type II. Apparently, that car comes in multiple colors, but I've only ever won it in yellow.

License S, Ford GT, Seattle, the hardest test for me, the handling was so BAD, and Chamonix rally test was hard too. But the Ford GT one was so annoying

Yeah, the slalom tests are annoying. I don't even bother with gold, but I still don't like them. I only bother with all silver. Because I want the RX-8 Concept Type II. Apparently, that car comes in multiple colors, but I've only ever won it in yellow.
The S Test in the GT is easy! I found the GT fun to drive. Also slalom is pointless, it's swerving on a straight road, never even thought of doing that in a race. GT4 just uses it to demonstrate the affects of TCS. What is the deal with the II? It just looks like an RX-8 Type S '03.

The S Test in the GT is easy! I found the GT fun to drive. Also slalom is pointless, it's swerving on a straight road, never even thought of doing that in a race. GT4 just uses it to demonstrate the affects of TCS. What is the deal with the II? It just looks like an RX-8 Type S '03.
Well, the RX-8 Concept has about 40 more horsepower than the production Type S, and I think it's lighter. That's something. This applies to both the Type I and Type II concepts.

Well, the RX-8 Concept has about 40 more horsepower than the production Type S, and I think it's lighter. That's something. This applies to both the Type I and Type II concepts.
Oh, does it? I remember the Type S getting 270HP (even though dealer says 246) cant remember what concept was

Oh, does it? I remember the Type S getting 270HP (even though dealer says 246) cant remember what concept was
Oh. I've never actually touched the Type S at all. It's dealer quoted at 246 horsepower. Both concepts make 285. GTVault says that both the Type S and both concepts can make 299 with an oil change. The Type S weighs 2882 pounds, but both concepts are 2640. So the concept is sufficiently different from the Type S.

For me it was so hard! No matter what, it would drift and hito a wall :/ and i completed S license today :)

Oh. I've never actually touched the Type S at all. It's dealer quoted at 246 horsepower. Both concepts make 285. GTVault says that both the Type S and both concepts can make 299 with an oil change. The Type S weighs 2882 pounds, but both concepts are 2640. So the concept is sufficiently different from the Type S.

For me it was so hard! No matter what, it would drift and hito a wall :/ and i completed S license today :)

GT has a habit of giving false HP at dealer, eg every Japanese Supercar (Bar LFA & GT-R), say 276HP, when many are over 290, the R34 is 330HP, thats a 50HP difference! One thing I hate on GT4 is the Sunfire. Has good power 7 weight but sticks to low RPM, tops out 125MPH without tuning, a Lupo 1.4 is only 15MPH slower! Anyway back on topic, my only issue on the Seattle licence is turn 3, 4 times in a row I braked too late and smaked a wall at 110MPH. The Ford GT is my second favourite US road car, behind the insane Saleen S7, in yellow.

GT has a habit of giving false HP at dealer, eg every Japanese Supercar (Bar LFA & GT-R), say 276HP, when many are over 290, the R34 is 330HP, thats a 50HP difference!
Don't blame GT. Figures provided by manufacturers never surpassed 280ps before 2006. Didn't you find it strange all these very different cars somehow had 276hp in common? :lol: The only license I was unable to gold in GT5 was the Renault Megane RS @ Nurburgring GT, it made me want to take a torch to the game disc.

Don't blame GT. Figures provided by manufacturers never surpassed 280ps before 2006. Didn't you find it strange all these very different cars somehow had 276hp in common? :lol: The only license I was unable to gold in GT5 was the Renault Megane RS @ Nurburgring GT, it made me want to take a torch to the game disc.
And there is NO way a 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 350 had just 295BHP when a Dodge Challenger put out 425!

I was talking about the Japanese "supercars" but according to these specifications, the figures for the Corvette aren't that far off and 425hp from the hemi in the '70 R/T is backed up by these. I'm not sure why horsepower figures got mentioned in the first place when the thread is about license tests, but figures stated in the game are provided by the manufacturers and their actual figures found after purchase reflect what owners discovered..a phenomenon covered on this site already, here.

Let's not get off-topic.

Anyways, I have to say that the slalom tests were the most difficult for me. I eventually golded them, but the game basically was really orthodox on the speed I could take each set of cones.

Even when I made it through, I was typically a tenth second or less off the gold time. It took me many hours to gold those tests!

Honourable Mentions:

B-5: A >100HP and FF Mini One on slow Tsukuba. Combine it with stability control and it gets even harder!

B-9: The M3 CSL and Motegi's hairpin wasn't all that hard-the gold time was just strict.

B-16: Not that difficult, it's just the gold time.

A-16: It's really hard to keep off the grass, and the gold time is just difficult to reach.

IB-5: Costa di Amalfi's narrow roads and unusual stoppings of the pace car made me rage, let alone my rage after not getting gold.

IA-3: Even the perfect braking point would give me silver.

IA-16: This is a long test, with a fast car, at a fast track with slow corners. The Indianapolis-Arnage section was a huge factor for my time.

S-12 and S-13: Just..stay..off..the..grass!

Every test at Grand Canyon except for S-10: Really strict driving lines and gold times.

Let's not get off-topic.

Anyways, I have to say that the slalom tests were the most difficult for me. I eventually golded them, but the game basically was really orthodox on the speed I could take each set of cones.

Even when I made it through, I was typically a tenth second or less off the gold time. It took me many hours to gold those tests!

Honourable Mentions:

B-5: A >100HP and FF Mini One on slow Tsukuba. Combine it with stability control and it gets even harder!

B-9: The M3 CSL and Motegi's hairpin wasn't all that hard-the gold time was just strict.

B-16: Not that difficult, it's just the gold time.

A-16: It's really hard to keep off the grass, and the gold time is just difficult to reach.

IB-5: Costa di Amalfi's narrow roads and unusual stoppings of the pace car made me rage, let alone my rage after not getting gold.

IA-3: Even the perfect braking point would give me silver.

IA-16: This is a long test, with a fast car, at a fast track with slow corners. The Indianapolis-Arnage section was a huge factor for my time.

S-12 and S-13: Just..stay..off..the..grass!

Every test at Grand Canyon except for S-10: Really strict driving lines and gold times.
One of the A-Tests at the Canyon (Dirt Trials I with Celica GT-FOUR) is real easy, one of the only tests on GT4 I could actually gold.

:lol:I saw this as an active thread on the main forums page and assumed it was open to all games in the series and the assumption was cemented by seeing "Veyron @ Ascari." I didn't think to question it until I saw nobody was mentioning the games their hated tests were in. GT5 was my first.:lol:

:lol:I saw this as an active thread on the main forums page and assumed it was open to all games in the series and the assumption was cemented by seeing "Veyron @ Ascari." I didn't think to question it until I saw nobody was mentioning the games their hated tests were in. GT5 was my first.:lol:

Not checking which forum your actually posting in, sadly the source of quite a lot of the traffic in the GT4 forums. Although I guess it doesn't actually specify that it has to be from GT4 in the OP.

B-16 in GT4. Just about gave up on getting gold, but I eventually made it.

Mini One and Tsukuba it was a nightmare. The full lap tests were the hardest as it's more difficult to drive perfectly entire lap than one or two corners, bronze was often the best I could get, sometimes silver.

Oddly enough I did IA 15 on my first go tonight with a silver. I remember when playing this years ago I struggled very badly on that test. I dont know what happened to that game but thats long gone. Loaded up GT4 yesterday and found no cars, 10,000 credits and half the B license. So tonight i cranked some music and powered through all the licenses except super and i did three tests. I did S 15 so its nice to have that one done.

I remember when i was playing this in about 2007/8 i had a lot of trouble and it took me a few eternities to get the licenses but tonight if i didnt get bronze on my first go then it took me less then 3. Im not even that good at GT but i was just suprised that this session was so free of anger and frustration!

Back