Your opinion on every GT game

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 39 comments
  • 2,620 views

The Bman

That's just one of my names.
Premium
Messages
5,897
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
Messages
The_Bman24
GT1 - Loved it. Ironically bought it after GT2 and GT3. Compared to the other GT games it is still very fun and I still play it.

GT2 - Fantastic. A huge improvement over GT1 arguably making it the best GT game.

GT3 - Holy crap. The first GT game I got and the graphics, cars and tracks were stunning. One of the best.

GT4 - Got a little better. Not that many features were added, but like GT2, the number of cars and tracks were awesome.

GT5 - Yet again awesome. But the series seems to be dying out. It's still very fun but as said, it's losing it's lustard. The updates made it better but without internet, your 🤬.
 
GT1 - Never Played.
GT2 - Never Played.
GT3 - Never Played.
GT4 - Never Played.

GT5P - Awesome game that got me hooked with the use of a wheel. The online community at the official playstation forums was awesome.

GT5 - Even better, more tracks, more cars. Only thing I don't like is people crying for the game to be like other games. I.E. "More customization," "More cars," "More tracks," "Gt5 doesn't do this or that."

I never like racing games because I used to say, "You can't feel the road." When I saw the trailer for the DFGT in GT TV in Prologue, I took the chance. GT5 really expanded on Prologue and gave a lot more than what I was used to. Just too many people crying and complaining. I haven't played previous versions of the game but going from Prologue to the 5 was awesome.
 
Love them all

Fortunately I do have intrnet... Must go.. Racing to do
 
Didn't have GT1/2

GT3: Fun to drive, frustrating with a controller
GT4: Amazing, mostly having B-Spec do races so I could buy cars to do fun races with
GT5P: Fairly fun, challenging with controller, amazing with wheel; not enough tracks, though.
GT5: Makes every other game I've ever played seem like a complete joke.
 
Love all of them, warts and all. The updated physics alone make GT5 kind of dwarf the others however.

So what's "Lustard?"
 
They're all good, but I think GT5 is still lacking in a few areas. I think GT3 is the most fun out of all of them. I still play it to this day.
 
Yeah, GT5 seems to be a bit lacking in the "fun" department compared to the older ones, but online helps a lot to balance that out.
 
GT1- Played the Demo and loved it. Started me off supporting Subaru WRC team :)

GT2- Loved the game but found the licence tests frustrating

GT3- Played a little of it and enjoyed it. The F1 cars were great.

GT4- My favourite so far. 2 of my favourite cars have sadly disappeared since (Audi Streamliner and Nike 2022)

GT5:P- Thought the physics were great and the finish of the game was excellent, even if the online was terrible (not helped by old router being rubbish)

GT5- I'm enjoying the game, but there are so many unfinshed or poorly developed/designed features it kind of spoils it a bit. The lack of tracks in a game with 1000 cars is disappointing especially with classic GT tracks missing while others have simply been ported from GT4. I'm also confused by the lack of GT cars in a GT game.
 
GT1-Never Played
GT2-Loved, wished there was a way to race "race cars" in arcade mode.
GT3-Perfect, loved Arcade and Simulation/GT Mode
GT4-Tracks and collection of cars amazing, wished AI was more competitive.
GT5P-Certainly enjoyed it more than I thought.
GTPSP-Perfect for portable gaming
GT5-Almost as good as GT3, but needed more events.
 
GT1 - Lots of fun, and a certain charm that the other games haven't had
GT2 - The perfect GT game, in my opinion
GT3 - Tons and tons of fun, epic soundtrack
GT4 - Lots of fun, but the understeer-y physics make it my least favorite
GT5P - DEM GRAPHICS, HHNNNNNNNG
GTPSP - Fun, but the rotating dealership thing sucks
GT5 - DEM GRAPHICS, DEM PHYSICS, DAT ONLINE, DAT EVERYTHING. Except for standard cars, they aren't cool, man.
 
GT1 ~ Amazing game. Looking back is when you really appreciate how much it actually shaped my life. I used to hate cars in general and then I played this once and now Im Gasoline fueled! Still fond memories of the Race Modded FTO and Impreza owning everything you entered them in :) My Grandmother bought me this game for Christmas (I got the PS1 the same day!)

GT2 ~ I was bad for this. I had a pirated copy of the game and it just wasn't the same because of the reliabilty issues of the game in general plus the dodgy copy.

GT3 ~ The first game for my PS2 (Bundled with James Bond). I put a lot of hours into that game, ran the Seattle enduro many many times. This game introducted me to Feeder (did the intro) and made me really appreciate cars and other forms of motorsport other than Formula 1 (V8 Supercars [Ford Falcon / Tickford], JGTC [TOMS Castrol Supra]). Would love to have a copy of that right now :). I still remember the glitch for the Dodge Viper :D

GT4 ~ Bought this on release day and was very very happy for a long long time. I still remember farming money from the wet race with the supercars, winning and then selling the Mazda 6 race car. I ruined the game using the Action Replay on this.

GT5 ~ Still enjoying it. NASCAR was good for a while but now my buddy introduced me to Dragging. Its good fun, but I still love being able to jump in and racing or drifting with anyone :D
 
GT1 - Epic. Loved it. Played it for years. This is the game that started my love for cars as well.

GT2 - Huge game. A memorable favorite. I played this game for years as well. Loved the massive list of cars and the great soundtrack.

GT3 - Fantastic game. The graphics were a huge leap from the first two. I played this game for years, much like the others. The arcade and sim modes were just perfect. When my friend got this game back in '01, I remember coming over everyday to play it with him. Then I got my own copy. So great.

GT4 - Loved it. I remember waiting for the day this would come out. The first GT I pre-ordered. Excellent game. It had a massive car list (a great one too), many tracks, and tons of events for sheer racing pleasure.

GT5:P - It's good. This felt more like a really big appetizer IMO. This showed us the future for better or for worse. I still prefer GT3 and GT4 though.

GT5 - Sure, this game is flawed and it isn't as complete nor polished as GT3 and GT4, but it offers the best graphics and physics out of all the games. This presents the best driving experience yet, and that's why I know I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game for years on end (at least until the next one is out). Had it not been for the weekly updates, I'd say that this game would've been a complete failure to the series. The online is great, IF you find the right people.
 
GT1: I have it, and I played it when I was very young, but I can't remember it at all. Plus, the CD glitches so I can't play it anymore. I wonder how fun it is...

GT2: (In my opinion) 2nd best GT game in the series! I love this one. It's still fun to go back to.

GT3: Neutral feeling. I never liked it to much due to the improved physics and my lack of driving at a young age. Too difficult for me to progress in the game. Still have it, but I don't really want to go back to it. But I had exceptional fun in it!

GT4: I played this a little too much. It was a blast!

GT5: Perfection. In my opinion Everything I wanted and more.

👍
 
GT1/2/3: didn't play it.

GT4: amazing tracks (Both Paris, El Capitan, Amalfi, better rally tracks), nice menus, mandatory licence tests, xp points given accordingly to car handicap.

Prologue: HD and online, not much more than that.

GT5: loving it. Just thankful for every new patch, would like some new stuff as everybody, but not demanding it.
 
GT1 - :):):):) Revolutionized driving sim for consoles.

GT2 - :):):):) Excellent follow-up. Got me into cars more.

everything in between - skipped

GT5 - :):):) OK game for me. Not really ground-breaking.
 
GT1/2: Didn't Play
GT3: Played for a while, seemed like a pretty fun game with aesthetically pleasing graphics and arcade-y, but really fun physics.
GT4: Best in the series for me. Great Soundtrack, great photomode locations and tracks, whole photomode concept was wonderful, epic car list(at that time), and no shortage of events, was great fun overall.
GT5:Awesome physics and driving experience. But that's pretty much it. Poor tracklist, downgraded graphics from GT5P, meh Soundtrack, Car List feels too recycled for many cars to be of interest to me. Not a bad game, but not the best either.
 
GT1 - Best of the bunch. Most simplistic of the games but also the most flawless.

GT2 - So much more content but a quite frankly stupid race system.

GT3 - My least favourite, there simply wasn't enough variety in the cars. I wasn't amazed much by the graphics since I got my copy in 2007 but from GT2 they are a remarkable step forward.

GT4 - So much content! But...too much content!!!

GT5 - Lots of different flaws, but I still love it so much because it's the only one I've actually cared about to get on the release day :D
 
GT1 Broke new ground 9/10
GT2 Expanded massively and feature rich 10/10
GT3 Much Smaller but better physics 9/10
GT4 Expanded again but somehow? 9/10
GT5 Physics 9/10 game 1/10
 
- Never played GT1.
- GT2: What an awesome game. Brought tears to my eyes watching the intro video a year ago. Fortunally, have it in my power. :D
- Never played GT3.
- GT4: Another incredible game! Fun, fun, fun. Played it for three years, but still didn't finished it. Something along the lines of "not going to bother with some races". A lot of cars, many interesting tracks. Basically the perfect GT.
- GT5: A real letdown. Personally can't use online, thus no online racing, no updates. A real failure if it is to be played as it first came out. GT4 with better physics, more cars & tracks, not to mention more events, would have been a much better game.
 
GT1 - At the time was brilliant, now a bit rubbish.

GT2 - Again, brilliant for the time, not as rubbish as GT1 now due to some better tracks, improved (very slightly) graphics & all round gameplay.

GT3 - Worst of the lot, could never get into this one and only played it to completion once.

GT4 - Used to be my #1GT but since I don't have my PS2 any more....it's not.

GT5 - My personal favourite now, because it just is.

Saying that though, I would like to see GT1 & 2 make an appearance on the US PSN store, would buy them in a heartbeat as my PS1 is getting very tired, and my US discs will not play in my UK PS3. :(
 
GT1: I actually only just bought this online used about 3 months ago and havent tried it yet.

GT2: My first GT. Loved it.

GT3: Loved it.

GT4: Loved it.

GT5P: Loved it but a little short on cars and tracks. Okay, a lot short. I mean cmon this is just "prolouge" right? Well they still charged me the full price of a game for it. I'd expect full content of a game.

GT5: Graphics are stunning. Physics are great. Wish there was damage (real damage), needs more tracks and off line things to do. Online is a huge fail. I could really care less about online anymore after being in one snot nosed kids race after another with "clean (lol)" drivers. Only online I'm going to do anymore is B-Spec.

GT6: Will probably be less for more and the fanbois will call it the best.
 
- GT1/2: Didnt play.

- GT3: Lots of fun something new to me.

- GT4: Great A spec mode very enjoyable.

- GT5P: Not many many cars and tracks but it was expected prolouge right?

- GT5: Great physics and graphics but A spec is terrible and online can be frustrating.
 
GT1 - Lots of fun, and a certain charm that the other games haven't had
GT2 - The perfect GT game, in my opinion
GT3 - Tons and tons of fun, epic soundtrack
GT4 - Lots of fun, but the understeer-y physics make it my least favorite
GT5P - DEM GRAPHICS, HHNNNNNNNG
GTPSP - Fun, but the rotating dealership thing sucks
GT5 - DEM GRAPHICS, DEM PHYSICS, DAT ONLINE, DAT EVERYTHING. Except for standard cars, they aren't cool, man.

THIS! 👍
 
GT1 and GT2: Never played.

GT3: Fun game, Nice graphics for it's time, Good soundtrack, hard to drive with a controller, Great tracks selection, Good amount of events.
GT4: Really fun game, Lots of Events, Lots of cars, Lots of tracks, Decent soundtrack, Photomode, Graphics that looked great and has aged well.
GT5P: Fun game but not much events, Beautiful graphics.
GT5: Not as good as the other games but still really fun, Meh soundtrack, Missing some tracks like Seattle and Midfield, Tons of Cars, Inconsistent graphics, A-Spec lacks a lot of events, Photomode is even better, Physics, Addicting.
 
Last edited:
(GT5) Online is a huge fail.

How so? I think online is fantastic. Just tricky finding the right lobby and opponents at times. But when you do, it's great!
 
Gran turismo 3 Happy 10 year anniveraary! July 10th !!! SPREAD THE WORD
 
GT1 - Didn't own, but played plenty of races against friends. Left me with a good enough impression to buy into the franchise.

GT2 - Awesome game. Put an alarming amount of hours into it. Remains the GT I put the most time into.

GT3 - Stunned by the graphics of this game at the time. Got annoyed by the carousel system though :lol:

GT4 - Starting to feel a little tedious now. First evidence that franchise is going stale.

GT5P - Enjoyed trying out all the cockpit views, but not really enough of a "game" to make a judgement.

GT5 - Disappointing. Important features missing, the same broken structure from GT3 and 4. Still play plenty of races online - and enjoy doing so - but offline is dead to me. Making me think whether I should buy GT6.

GT6 - Hoping to say GT6 is the revolution GT desperately needs. In depth car customisation/personalisation/modification/aftermarket are needed. A proper career mode. Overhauled online. Some goddamn common sense with design decisions.
 
GT1 - loved it, spent more time playing it than any other game up to that point. I even liked the licence tests because they were something new, and the "photo-realistic" (well, that's what the magazine reviews said) replays were like nothing I'd seen in a video game before.

GT2 - liked it, it was basically an expanded version of the original, but at the time that was no bad thing. Slightly frustrated there were still only six cars, and still no damage.

GT3 - didn't play it.

GT4 - enjoyed it, the first console game I played that had the Nurburgring, I enjoyed the wide variety of events and especially the cars, from the 1886 Benz onwards. The Costa di Amalfi and Città d'Aria tracks were great. Frustrated there were still only six cars, and still no damage.

GT5 - it's very good, there are many improvements over the previous games but I was guilty of falling for the hype in the years leading up to its release, which was bound to lead to disappointment. I rate the game more highly now than I did on its release.
 
Bought and played all of them chronologically.

GT1 - Great fun, love the way the cars handle. Great menu music.

GT2 - GT1 with more cars and tracks - one of the best GT games ever.

GT3 - My least played and least favourite GT game, physics were strange and the graphics were weird.

GT4 - My most played GT game. Everything GT3 should have been and much much more. Up there with GT2.

GTHD - Looks amazing and was alot of fun even if it was only one track and a couple of cars.

GT5:P - Insane graphics, revamped physics and road telemetry = great fun and great to look at.

GT5 - The best looking GT game or any other driving/racing game I have ever seen. Physics are superb, 1000 cars even if 800 are standard. Very enjoyable online play, course creator and a ton of content. Among my top 3 GT games.
 
Back