Your preferred tires?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 39 comments
  • 2,844 views

What type of tire you prefer?

  • Comfort soft

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Comfort medium

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Comfort hard

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sport soft

    Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Sport medium

    Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Sport hard

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Racing soft

    Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Racing medium

    Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Racing hard

    Votes: 8 7.3%

  • Total voters
    109
If its not endurance, why would you go with anything but racing softs.

Realism, for a lot of the street cars anyways. The Racing Soft tires give way too much grip, and makes cars that otherwise feel different from one another all feel very similar. Though yeah, if you're concerned with fastest laps only, obviously go with the most grip!

I've actually been sticking to what's equipped when bought/won, except for a few situations where the car was an underdog entering a race and needed some extra grip to compete. Saves me credits, too!
 
Sports hard is what I prefer to use. Racing soft just seems to make everything handle much easier.
 
I like sports hard, i have few warm up laps, and the grip kicks in, plus i can do infinite drifts and not worry about my tires wearing out.

I only use racing hard when i am forced to, as i hate how grippy it is and takes away the challenge of controlling your car in the game:D

+1 however some cars are just impossible... lol
 
Depends what im doing. If im drifting then its up to power between comfort soft and sports hard. For racing usually racing soft. For messing around i use them all.
 
Is it just me, or do the racing tires last a lot longer now?

My Minolta managed to do three laps on the Nurb 24hr layout on softs, though the track being drenched in rain could have helped preserved them.
 
No love for realistic tires? I definitely prefer my comfort mediums and comfort softs. Sometimes Sports hard depending on the car.
 
Racing Soft

On Grand Valley 300km, I used Racing Soft for laps 1-20, then changed to Medium just to test their durability, and they only lasted 19 laps. This was also with less fuel. Staying away from them from now on.
 
I actually prefer Racing Hard because IMO Racing Soft makes cornering ridiculously easy, and they're cheaper (I'm not exactly rolling in money right now).
 
Back