• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 16 comments
United States
United States
1. Motorcycles
2. Simulation physics off road option
3. 700 vehicles
4. Improve engine sounds
5. Simulation crash physics option.(hitting a tree crushes your car A curb =flat tire+)
6. Simulation physics on road option
7. Factory/dealer car options(Rims,decals,hoods,rear wing,exc)
8. Real world vehicle assist option(2016 C7=ABS,TC,ST 1967 C2=No assist for hard core leaderboard)
9. More standard cars(Mustang GT>GT350)
10. Realistic graphics styling that doesn't look cartoonish

1. All exclusive cars(not Forza Edition) will be added to the auto show after a certain period of time after they appear in the game.
  2. The "Horizon Story" edition cars are available as a 3-star Horizon Story completion reward.
  3. Barn Finds, Level Prizes, and other cars that are unlocked as we progress in Career Mode are added to the Auto Show by unlocking them.
  4. More off-road & vintage car wheels.
  5. More aftermarket body kits, including more than just wide body kits. And it will be from brands other than Rocket Bunny, Liberty Walk, and RWB.
  6. Option to turn off drivater in offline freeroam.
  7. Add 4x4s that aren't luxury SUVs. For example, the Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Suzuki Jimny, and Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution.
  8. A better Creative Hub search function. And the addition of a filtering feature that allows players to optionally hide content they don't like.
  9. Tires lettered with real tire brands such as Falken, Toyo, BF Goodrich, etc. are now available for all cars.
  10. In addition to the swap options up to the FH4, there are additional engine swaps that are more in line with the brand's pedigree. For example, Hellephant motors for the Dodge and Jeep, and 13B motors for the MX-5 and RX-3.
I never took a break from the Playlist in FH4, and I own all the exclusive cars, but I didn't think this was a very good system.
This system always forced us to play the game half the time, and the players who couldn't or didn't play fast enough only lost out.
It was very hard to say "the car you want is hard to get" to friends who were interested in FH4.

If in FH5 they are going to continue the Festival Playlist and the exclusive car system based on it, then the only thing you get through the Playlist should be the opportunity to get it ahead of time.

1. When searching for user made Blueprints, or equivalent, the option to choose minimum race length as well as maximum. That way, you can exclude the 3,486,235 Forzathon races that are 0.1m in length. Currently, it's hard to find a good race of reasonable length.

And 9 others to be added when I think of them...

Last edited:
  1. If EventLab can do this, I want that we can have an NFS Underground 2-style quick race mode where we can race any route that we want (road racing, street scene, dirt racing, cross country or drag, for as long as they're unlocked), besides our own custom routes and the ability to do free roam with no traffic and Drivatars, all with any car that we want, but just so it's like Free Play in the Motorsport games, you cannot earn credits or XP racing with rental cars.
  2. All cars, including Barn Finds (once discovered), should be in the Autoshow. However, new cars from Festival Playlists won't be added there until the season (the week) ends. The only exception would be Forza edition cars, as they should remain as rare prizes.
  3. Just like in Forza Horizon 3, give us post-launch barn finds, and a timer to let us know how long we need to wait until it's restored.
  4. Now that we have the ability to raise or lower the roofs on spiders, convertibles and roadsters, we should also be able to use our turn indicators. (TDU2 had this).
  5. Give us more options in the decal editor (even going as far as being able to upload files, so we can have more accurate decals like in Gran Turismo's livery editor). Also, the use of custom decals shouldn't lock your livery and prevent it from being shared (like when I once made a Racing Team Solvalou livery for the C8 Corvette).
  6. Bring back these boards from the first Horizon game that you have to smash to earn discounts for upgrades (smashing all of them will make all parts virtually free, except custom wheels, aero parts and/or wide body kits, engine, drivetrain and forced induction conversions).
  7. Forza race regulations in the online modes to separate the purists from the morons. If Motorsport can have this, so can Horizon.
  8. They teased "thousands of performance upgrades". I hope this means new ideas like the return of electric motor and battery upgrades on hybrid vehicles, not just EVs, and also introduce nitrous to the Forza series (although they'll have to portray nitrous realistically, not in a fictional manner).
  9. Small bits of detail in some cars (e.g. beeping when over-revving in Mazda rotary cars and the chime that you can hear when above 100km/h on the Toyota AE86).
  10. Ability for cars to reach unrestricted top speeds when fully upgraded, or if it can naturally reach those speeds (I still don't know why Forza kept on locking cars at around 268-270mph where in reality, cars tuned to such an extent, or hypercars that can reach speeds like that can exceed this).
Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution
The car's name will have to be different as the Pajero name in Spanish or any Latin-American language is probably a not-so-nice word. Maybe it will be called either Montero or Shogun, but it would be weird as Pajero is the authentic name, and could cause a conflict given the game's Mexican setting.

1.PS5
2.PS5
3.PS5
4.PS5
6.PS5
7.PS5
8.PS5
9.Pretty
10.Please
Unfortunately, Forza is Microsoft-exclusive, meaning Xbox and PC-only, so the chances of seeing Forza on Playstation are extremely slim.

Last edited:
Proper car classes. FH4 is already great in separating the year of the cars into vintage / classic / retro and modern sections (e.g. vintage racers, classic racers, classic rally, retro rally, modern rally) but some car classes are just out of wank.

1) Kill the Cult Car class completely IMO and put all those cars in their proper classes. It breaks my heart to see great cars grouped with other cars into what feels like the 'leftover / random stuff car class".
2) Add a new micro car class (I think FM5 had this class as well?). Possibly split it up in classic, rtetro and/or modern as needed. The Abarth 595, Peel, Isetta, mini etc would fit great in here.
3) Revamp the rally classes. Keep the real rally cars in it but move the dealership cars to other car classes. Why on earth is the plain dealership Ford Focus Mk1 in modern rally but the Mk2 & Mk3 focus are in super hot hatch? Makes zero sense.
4) Revamp the car selection for muscle, hot rod and vans & utility because its a mess in FH4. One example: Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon is in Rods and Customs, should be in Vans & Utility IMO.
5) Split Sport Utility Heroes in compact SUV and normal SUV.
6) ....... (probably a dozen more things that can be improved)

Saveable presets!

• Paint colors - PG, if you want to include brass instead of bronze as a standard material that's fine, at least let me save my bronze finish I painstakingly developed on something other than a piece of paper on my desk.
  • Car selections - Maybe I want to have a 80s group A set - E30 BMW vs Sierra Cosworth. Or perhaps a JDM legends set - FD RX7, A80 Supra, R34 GTR, NA1 NSX. The process of doing this is annoyingly slow especially because you have to do it manually each time. Give us the ability to make our own custom car groups for events.
Deeper Customization of at least some cars
  • Nothing is more immersion breaking than tuning up an old car to a high level and then being stuck with that car's standard interior including the typically super huge, thin-rimmed steering wheel.

Proper car classes. FH4 is already great in separating the year of the cars into vintage / classic / retro and modern sections (e.g. vintage racers, classic racers, classic rally, retro rally, modern rally) but some car classes are just out of wank.

1) Kill the Cult Car class completely IMO and put all those cars in their proper classes. It breaks my heart to see great cars grouped with other cars into what feels like the 'leftover / random stuff car class".
2) Add a new micro car class (I think FM5 had this class as well?). Possibly split it up in classic, rtetro and/or modern as needed. The Abarth 595, Peel, Isetta, mini etc would fit great in here.
3) Revamp the rally classes. Keep the real rally cars in it but move the dealership cars to other car classes. Why on earth is the plain dealership Ford Focus Mk1 in modern rally but the Mk2 & Mk3 focus are in super hot hatch? Makes zero sense.
4) Revamp the car selection for muscle, hot rod and vans & utility because its a mess in FH4. One example: Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon is in Rods and Customs, should be in Vans & Utility IMO.
5) Split Sport Utility Heroes in compact SUV and normal SUV.
6) ....... (probably a dozen more things that can be improved)
And split Chrysler and Ford into US and rest of the world brands.
The fact that we can't use Australian Ford or Australian Chrysler cars in an "Australian cars only" race event, effectively making it a Holden-only event, is one of the flaws in Forza's game system.

And the same can be said for the European Ford cars.

And split Chrysler and Ford into US and rest of the world brands.
The fact that we can't use Australian Ford or Australian Chrysler cars in an "Australian cars only" race event, effectively making it a Holden-only event, is one of the flaws in Forza's game system.

And the same can be said for the European Ford cars.
Absolutely agree! I think Project CARS had this correct, as the country was saved per car, not per brand.

Now that I think about it, I would also like to see a “real” option for automatic, manual and manual with clutch. For the real option, the settings would adapt to what the actual car is.

Absolutely agree! I think Project CARS had this correct, as the country was saved per car, not per brand.

Now that I think about it, I would also like to see a “real” option for automatic, manual and manual with clutch. For the real option, the settings would adapt to what the actual car is.
To add to this, I would love to see planetary/ torque converter automatics properly simulated. Driving old automatic cars in Forza is a bit strange because the automatics behave like single clutch automated manuals...the effect of the torque converter is totally absent. I remember Enthusia simulated planetary autos and I think I remember the SL55 in GT5 being somewhat realistic in its depiction of the automatic trans.

1. Better engine sounds
  2. No infinite grip for AI
  3. No wall penalty when you hit a wall and lose more than 50% of your speed
  4. Separate rally tyres from winter tyres
  5. Separate rally suspension from offroad suspension
  6. Changing the drivatar difficulty should not also permanently/linearly change your grid slot
  7. Randomise the AI car starting on pole (related to the one above: it's lazy to put the same car on the pole when you're consistently at the back of the grid)
  8. High-level drivatars shouldn't be crashing into me all the time.
  9. Races specified by drivetrain (i.e. no AWD-all-the-things)
  10. Ability to have multiple configs of the same car pre-loadable (for street/rally/offroad) events
I seem to have got to 10 already...

1: Introduce an actual search system for liveries. They seem to be going somewhat there with share codes for liveries, but this isn't enough, and it never will be. It amazes me that Forza had a system, up to FM4/FH1, of having a decent search system, and most importantly, the ability to search for liveries on a vehicle by most downloaded / highest rated and then a T10/PG Selects category. This has bothered me ever since I started playing Forza full time with FH3 - and it's simple **** that needs to be done. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty certain that the only reason why they changed it to this labyrinthine system we have currently was to shift the livery economy so that livery creators could get more out of potential profits since they removed the ability to set prices for liveries. Considering the entire economy since FH3 has basically been upended by how they give you cars to sell both as duplicates and in the Auction House like candy, and subsequently hand out Wheelspin bonuses (especially with Super Wheelspins) it makes me wonder why we can't just have the system from FM4/FH1, and what the point of the system is now.

2: When music gets disabled in game, it gets disabled. Period. There is absolutely no reason to have music being played in loading screens specifically (and at a pretty decent volume too!) when you have the radio set to off by default, and music volume in game set to 0. I'm fine with it being ambient noise in the environment, but this has been present since launch for FH4, and it was never patched out. What worries me, and it should worry Playground, is that with places like Youtube and especially Twitch cracking down on copyrighted music being used (to hilariously draconian efforts on Twitch's side) there is going to be a lot of egg on the faces of streamers, and should absolutely be on the face of Playground, when FH5 drops and streamers find themselves getting copyright strikes by Twitch because Playground couldn't be arsed to make music be turned off during loading screens when they go in first off and turn music down to zero in the audio settings.

3: Splitting Euro Ford/Aussie Ford from American Ford, and the same with Aussie Chrysler and American Chrysler has already been mentioned, so I'll bring up another one: re-classify the Modern Muscle class specifically. When I think of a muscle car, I think of stuff like the Challenger, the Mustang and the Camaro. What I don't think of is the two V Caddies (which should probably be in Super Saloons) the C7 Z06 and C6 ZR1 (Modern Super Cars) and probably the 2020 GT500. Likewise, the C5 Z06 and the Viper GTS ACR probably don't belong in Retro Muscle either, considering they both were considered sports cars by the time they were released. It seems to me like Forza splits up the classes based upon country of origin - which in most cases, works, but in others, as mentioned, it leads to vehicles being poorly classified, put into categories they really don't deserve to be.

4: Cutting down on the bloat that is tuner/custom vehicles that would be better served as body kits for the specific vehicles they are based around then having them as their own vehicles. The Emory 356 RSR and RWB 911 are perfect examples, and as much as I could probably accept them being separate vehicles, the Deberti pre-runners could absolutely be applied to the stock versions of their separate vehicles already in game and made as bodykits. By this point, NFS has had these extreme versions offered as bodykits
since 2015, so why can't Forza? It just doesn't make sense to prop up the car list with these vehicles that basically could be better served as upgrade branches to the vehicles they're based on, and it would serve as a good way to make the Upgrade Heroes more significant. But I doubt this gets done for FH5, and seems more like something that gets explored for FH6, and presumably be better served with the games running on all next-gen hardware.

5: If not simply running off your systems internal clock, then having analog and digital clocks in cockpit views run on in game time (albeit spread up) It seems strange to have clocks be stuck at 12:00, when it's the setting sun.

6: Make custom paintjobs, and nothing more, be their own separate category from user created (and indeed, user downloaded) liveries. The ability to name them would be nice too, considering that for some vehicles, using the handy paint list posted on the Horizon boards over the years, would help to not make the livery catalog feel so cluttered.

7: Having specific models show up so that 5 of the 12 in the field are driving the same car (with maybe one having an actual livery on it) is eliminated. I can imagine that this would happen when you have a short field of vehicles, but it's quite silly to have a Forzathon championship, and like four of the field are in the exact same car.

8: Since it's mentioned already, I will re-iterate: Allow for users to upload their own decals. If you are worried about offensive content, hire a moderation team and actually follow up on reports and you won't have many problems. Likewise, allow for users to edit liveries as they see fit. Again, NFS has had the ability to do this since 2015, and from what I see, it seems to simply save edited liveries to the user, and doesn't allow them to be re-uploaded. The one trump card that Forza had over GT, for close to a decade, has been beaten. If they are waiting for Horizon 6 to add this feature, then they are not reading the room, and are simply allowing for the complaints to fester. There is absolutely no reason for livery editors to continue manipulating basic shapes and have liveries that give off an where they look good, but don't look exact, when they could very easily upload a PNG and make the process not only faster, but easier as well.

9: Related to the above, but there is no need for liveries to be pixelated when looking at close-up angles, which happens an awful lot in FH4. It's embarrassing to look at vehicles at such a close angle in pause screens, establishing shots at the beginning of the pre-race, and in the menus of races and stories, and see liveries pixelate like no tomorrow. Especially when it was possible on Xbox One X and PC versions of Forza 7 to have liveries in clear, HD quality. Hell, GT Sport does the same on base PS4. Do better.

10: An actual request and not a jokey one: set a universal limit for auction house buy out and opening bid price commensurate to the vehicle's rarity. The Legendary level vehicles probably deserve a 20 million credit buy out and high opening bids, a Mercedes X-Class does not, when the latter's rarity is only tied up in it being a Forzathon vehicle. Likewise, remove the ability for legendary painters to set high prices to begin with - since it's very obvious to me that 95% of legendary painters only get to that status because it allows them the ability to set the prices and hang everyone else over the barrel to either pay up, or hopefully find a vehicle in the many menus that isn't like priced at that level, which some guy probably will snipe under your feet anyway.

Last edited:
We already "know" that most of these will not happen but I write them anyway;

1. Map:
  • Huge map, TDU-sized area.
2. Cars:
  • A lot of new to franchise production cars
3. Better Livery editor:
  • Layer materials; matte, metallic..
  • Layer masking (option to mask only top layer)
  • Ability to paint chrome and plastic parts
  • Ability to write text with keyboard
4. Better Photo mode:
  • Interior photo mode
  • AI/other player car model high quality LODs
  • Real units ("50mm, f/1.8, 1/200 etc)
  • Ability to select headlights Off-DRL-On
5. Custom races:
  • Ability to select what cars AI driving
  • Custom championship mode / race list
  • Custom time attack mode
6. Offline free roam settings:
  • Ability to disable drivatars
  • Ability to change time of day & freeze it
  • Ability to disable drift zones, speed cameras etc
7. Better garages:
  • Actual garages with interiors you can walk in
  • Ability to choose your favorite cars you can see in there (like PGR-series)
8. Career/story:
  • Better progression
9. Menus:
  • Clear, stylish and clean menus
10. Auction house
  • 100% redone

Last edited:
FH4 Lego Speed Champions introduced on screen counters for its brick challenge goals. I'd like to see these make a return for those #Forzathon tasks like "get 10 awesome near misses" so you don't have to dive into the menu every time you want to check how many of each challenge you have left.

By the way, would it kill PG to introduce fixed camera points for replays like in Motorsport and nearly every other racing game?

I'd also like to repeat my request in the main thread to make identifying and dumping duplicate cars easier.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back