Your top 3 6th Gen Games (XBOX, PS2, PC)

• Thread starter JR98
  • 35 comments
1. Star Wars Battlefront 1/2
2. Madden
3. NASCAR 06/07

I spent the most time on these games. I had a large selection of games, and didn't get new ones after about 08 or 09, but every once in a while I'd just mess around on it. I played the SWBF, Madden, NASCAR, Call of Duty: FH and even Halo, and a few NFS' I played a bit. I never really progressed in any of these games. I really just messed around for hours.

There were many great games in this gen though.

1. Gran Turismo 4
2. FIFA 06
3. Need for Speed Carbon

Honourable mention to Pro Evolution Soccer 5.

1. Gran Turismo 4
2. Star Wars Battlefront II
3. Grand Theft Auto Andreas

Honorable Mentions:
Tony Hawk's Underground
Need For Speed Most Wanted

Oof, as possibly the best generation, this question is just too difficult. My choices (for today, at any rate):

GT4 - Provided me a bigger single paycheque than anything else so far in life, so sort of has to be here. But really, it was a defining title for the series at the time, and - in hindsight - even now, as the PS3 titles have not enjoyed the sort of unbridled success GT4 (and especially GT3) did.
GTA San Andreas - For showing the world how big a sandbox game could truly be. The scale was just unseen up to that point. I got years out of this game.
Shadow of the Colossus - Just pips my three honourable mentions on account of being such a beautiful, beautiful game. I never played it during this generation, only getting to watch others play, but I'm so happy I've got the remaster. This is art, pure and simple.

Honourable Mentions:
MGS3
- I played 2 a lot more, but 3 was a fantastic game, and truly pushed the limits of the PS2.
We <3 Katamari - It didn't do much different from the original, but the scale and new challenges make up for that. Hugely entertaining for anybody, including those not usually into video games.
FFX - While XII might've been gorgeous, and definitely had better voice acting, there's something about X that stood the test of time for me. It had memorable characters. It had the excellent Sphere system, up there with Materia in terms of great progression systems to tie characters to. I had a save with hundreds of hours put into reconstructing that thing!

(remember i was six when I got a PS2)
MoH: Frontline/Euro Assault
GT4 :)
Crazy Taxi (loved that as a kid, its apparently even better on the original sega...)
anyway. Honorable mentions to Finding Nemo and Midnight Club 3 DUB Remix

Back