Your Top 3 Songs from the NFS Series

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 49 comments
United States
New Jersey
durWINNING
Noob Saibot 007
Simple post. Pick you top 3 songs from any NFS game. Please include the title of song, artist, and the NFS it came from. One more thing this is the only thread like this.

1st. Snoop Dogg featuring The Doors - Riders on the Storm - NFS Underground 2

2nd. Styles of Beyond - Nine Thou - NFS Most Wanted (2005)

3rd. Hot Action Cop - Going Down on It - NFS Hot Pursuit 2

1. NFS High Stakes menu OST - NFS High Stakes
2. Rock This! - NFS High Stakes
3. The rest of the OST for that game. :P

Can't beat the original NFS soundtracks.

Soundtracks? I can't, too many equally too good ones just from NFS3, and I haven't even started considering High Stakes etc. :P

I've played other NFS games but this one always stood out, and these are the songs that got me right into the game.

1. The Last Pursuit - NFSMW1 - Paul Linford; Really captures the feel, and the intensity of the final run out of the city.

2. On Fire - NFS Prostreet - Neon Plastix; Really good song in a really bad game.

3. Need For Speed The Run - Need For Speed The Run - Brian Tyler; Really catchy, tenses up near the end.

All the Hot Action Cop stuff from NFSHP2 was excellent, the whole soundtrack to that game was really good. NFSHP 2010 by comparison had an appalling soundtrack IMO, pretty much turned it off the second I bought it... all hipster :yuck:

#1 NFS: The Run 'Make up time'
#2 'Get Low', a classic. :sly:
#3 'Crusher' NFS: The Run

Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief - Carbon
Bullet for my Valentine - Hand of Blood - Most Wanted (2005)
Avenged Sevenfold - Blinded in Chains - Most Wanted (2005)

Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Atlantica (Also one of my favorite Arcade racing tracks of all time)

Need for Speed III: Empire city (A really close second)

Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Get Low by Ying Yang Twins

When did NFS games stop being awesome? :(

Naked & Ashamed - Dylan Rhymes - High Stakes
Nine Thou (Superstars Remix) - S.O.B - Most Wanted
Kimosabe - BT - Underground

Well I could probly mention alot here but I think I will only post three.;)

Song: The Tempest

Artist: Pendulum

Game: Need for Speed Undercover

Reason: Many good memories from my freshman year in high school when i played this game.:) Always has been a favorite for me ever since.:D If you don't have anything nice to say about this song, don't say it. ;)

Song: Restless

Artist: Unkle

Game: Need for Speed Prostreet

Reason: Brings back memories from my 8th grade year, always a good song.:)

Song: Hype boys

Artist: Sway

Game: Need for Speed Carbon

Reason: It was Darius's theme.;)

Finally made up my mind:

3rd place:

Killradio - Scavenger

From NFS Underground 2. One of the best from that game

2nd place:

Rob Zombie - Two-Lane Blacktop

From NFS Underground 1. Makes your adrenaline pump. Plus this is my winning song :D

BUT none even come close to..

Number 1:

BUZZHORN - ORDINARY

From the forever gone 1st generation concluding in the epic game that's Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. Need I say more than BARRELS?!? :lol:

Wow, there's so many.

Best:

4. Everything from NFSU and NFSU2, and some from NFSC :lol:

3. Rancid - Out of Control - NFS Underground

2. Mystical - Smashing the Gas - NFS Underground

1. Rise Against - Give It All - NFS Underground 2

Need for Speed soundtracks used to be good. :(

1: Snoop Dogg feat. The Doors - Riders On The Storm (Fredwreck Remix) // Underground 2 // First time I booted the game and this played I just sat there and listened to it right through to the thunder-and-lightning ending. Great song and so unexpected.

2: Pendulum - Granite // Undercover // Fun Factoid: this song was made so it sounds the same played backwards as it does forwards :dopey:

3: The Vaccines - Bad Mood // Most Wanted (2012) // I like The Vaccines now. Enough said.

Last edited:
1: Snoop Dogg feat. The Doors - "Riders on the Storm (Fredwreck Remix)"
2: Spiderbait - "Black Betty"
3: Avenged Sevenfold - "Blinded In Chains"

Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Atlantica (Also one of my favorite Arcade racing tracks of all time)

That's Rear Flutterblast #19 by Matt Ragan

Need for Speed III: Empire city (A really close second)

When did NFS games stop being awesome? :(

The second one is Warped by Alistair Hurst.

Both Hot Pursuit 2 and Underground had some great soundtrack selections. However I've always prefered Underground's. So, my top three?

It is hands down the best soundstrack in any NFS game. Absolutely love it, followed by two other great tracks.

Last edited:
1: Snoop Dogg feat. The Doors - Riders on the Storm (Fredwreck Remix)-Underground 2
2: Kyuss - Hurricane-Carbon
3: Styles of Beyond - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)-Most Wanted 2005

Such a hard decision... there are loads of songs I like from NFS games, especially in the 2003-2008 era. I'm just going to list ones that have hardly been mentioned already in this thread:

BT feat The Roots - Tao Of The Machine - Need For Speed Most Wanted

Terror Squad - Lean Back - Need For Speed Underground 2

BT - Kimosabe - Need For Speed Underground (Best intro song!)

Last edited:
My 3 songs:
Rootbeer- Under Control (nfs shift) it's awesome that feels it fits FOR the game (1.)
Maximum Balloon- Groove ME (nfs hp 2010) it's a catchy tune, it brings YOU to AN another state of mind (2.)
Lady Sovereign- Luv ME or Hate ME (nfs carbon) she does the stuff (3.)
Hyuna-Bubble Pop (nfs 2015)
Chromeo-Fancy Footwork

1: Snoop Dogg feat. The Doors - Riders On The Storm (Fredwreck Remix) // Underground 2 // First time I booted the game and this played I just sat there and listened to it right through to the thunder-and-lightning ending. Great song and so unexpected.

2: Pendulum - Granite // Undercover // Fun Factoid: this song was made so it sounds the same played backwards as it does forwards :dopey:

3: The Vaccines - Bad Mood // Most Wanted (2012) // I like The Vaccines now. Enough said.

I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID The Vaccines are horrible. Granite is a really bad track...

Still keeping Riders though...

I'll make two different top 3s since NFS has original tracks (a lot moreso in the beginning) and quite a few licensed tracks from High Stakes onward.

Original Tracks:

1. Saki Kaskas - Flimsy (NFS III: Hot Pursuit - Empire City - Rock)
2. Rom Di Prisco - Paradigm Shifter (NFS: High Stakes - Menu)
3. Matt Ragan - Snow Bags (NFS III: Hot Pursuit - Rocky Pass/The Summit - Rock)

Licensed Tracks:

1. Hot Action Cop - Going Down On It (NFS: Hot Pursuit 2)
2. Ministry - No W (NFS: Underground 2)
3. Eagles of Death Metal - Don't Speak (I Came With A Bang!) (NFS: Carbon)

I prefer the original compositions that were prevalent in the early titles, especially with NFS II and NFS Hot Pursuit, but the songs featured from Hot Pursuit 2 to ProStreet weren't that bad. Shift's soundtrack ended up being pretty grating on the ears though after a while, especially that one song by Fort Knox Five "Insight". Hearing "You gotta get up, stand up" sounds incredibly annoying after a while. I can't say anything about Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 or Most Wanted 2012 because I always have custom music on.

1. Paul Linford and Chris Vienna - The Mann (Most Wanted 2005)

2. Avenged Sevenfold - Blinded in Chains (Most Wanted 2005)

3. Static-X - The Only (Underground)

Latest Posts

Back