Your Top 5 Best Sounding Cars (so far)

• Thread starter Bekimche
  • 83 comments
Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Bekimche
I'm quite impressed with the sound of GT Sport. They've really stepped it up. The quality of the sound is superb, it's not a low bitrate sample hurting your ears.

Obviously some cars sound better than others so here are my top 5 that I've heard so far from the demo.

1. Porsche 911 RSR (those brutal downshifts, nailed it)
2. Porsche GT3 RS (that 9k redline)
3. Subaru WRX Gr.4 (that boxer rumble)
4. Ferrari 458 Gr.4 (orgasmic downshifts)
5. Alfa 4C (sounds exactly like it)

Now tell me yours.

Based on the videos I’ve watched:

5. Mazda Roadster
7500 rpm redline, pretty screamin’ four cylinder. Sounds great!

4. Mercedes AMG GT-S
Oh. My. God. This thing is fantastic. Sounds very close to the version in Driveclub.

3. Audi R18 TDI
Growling diesel engine... you can hear the torque...

2. Chevrolet Camaro SS
Holy cow the quavering rpm sounds like the person is actually using the clutch, unlike GT6. Big meaty roar.

1. Bugatti Veyron 16.4
By far the best sound improvement. This car in GT6 was nice to look at, but that’s about it, but GT Sport nailed this one! GEEZ IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!

The GT-R Premium sounds pretty accurate, but who didn't see that coming? ;) I liked the F-Type Gr.4 (?) but i don't know about accuracy there. Not enough experience with other cars to say good or bad.

I won the Focus ST and gave it a shot. I thought it would sound like a generic 4 cyl but I was wrong.

It sounds identical to the real car, they've nailed that nasally turbo sound if heard from the cockpit or the hood view, then change to the chase cam and all you hear is the cars' exhaust which sounds pretty bang on. It even has a very subtle and realistic sounding wastegate.

It's all in the details, I'm so happy that they've finally focused on the sound and made it a priority.

I can't just pick 5 but my overall favourite is the bugatti veyron it's sounds exactly like the real car. Porsche 911 RSR and 650S GT3 are pretty nice to!

1. Subaru WRX Gr. 4 (what a true boxer engine sounds like. It even sounds better than the Subaru Impreza portrayed in NFS Carbon.)
2. BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 (Huge improvement over GT6, this reminds me that Polyphony has really stepped their game in building their new sound design. Easily the best-sounding Gr. 3 car.)
3. Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '16 (Very few games can get the sound to a car like the Porsche 919 right, but GT Sport has done quite a good job. Even its blow-off valve sounds pretty amazing. It seems to me that sounds in Forza are quite generic, over-worked and somewhat fake.)
4. Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15 (Most notable for its supercharger whine.)
5. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (Easily the car with the best blow-off valve sound.)

Peugeot VisionGT Gr.3 :bowdown: and I like the sound of the Bugatti VGT and Mercedes AMG GT3 as well 👍

1: Merc GT3: I know everyone usually thinks engine note when this question is asked but I love driving the Merc AMG GT3 just for the gear change. The overtly clunky mechanical crack it gives, especially on down shifts, is music to me.

2: Bugatti VGT: Agree also on the Bugatti, I was in a room over the weekend with someone else playing GT in the background and I had to look up to see what they were driving because the engine note was so sweet.

3: Genesis Gr3: On the list of "surprisingly nice" I'd put the Genesis Gr3. Hyundai is not a brand that I would put on any traditional list of performance or wish cars but that Genesis engine has a lovely deep grumble.

4: Anything Corvette.

5: Evo GrB: Similar to 1 above, this is not for engine note. The wine off the transmission on the Evo GrB, and perhaps others like the WRX, is very distinct and gives it (for me) I sense of realism beyond just engine note.

BB512 Number one fun car for an ear candy fix...
C7 Vette Why don't the Gr.3 and 4 Vette's sound and rev like this one?
GT-R N24 Whole lotta evil going on here...
RC-F GT4 Proof PD knows how to make a V8 sound, and chooses not to for Mustangs and Corvettes.
R33 Skyline Inline 6 snarliness without too much turbo muffle

1. Honda NSX Type R
2. Porsche 911 996 GT3
3. McLaren F1
4. Ferrari F40
5. Ferrari 250 GTO

These may not be objectively the best sounding, and I'm aware there are many race cars that sounds amazing, but these are just my favorites.

Back