Your very early wish list for Gran Turismo 8?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 55 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear Gran Turismo players

I've heard Gran Turismo 7 has been receiving heaps of complaints, so this inspired me to create my very early wish list for this and here is what I would personally love to see are:
  • No more online DRM (If players hacked their save files, just ban them).
  • No more broken roulette
  • No more overpriced MTX (Polyphony Digital shouldn't listen to Jim Ryan's ideal of having high price MTX)
  • Improved AI
  • All races have to be double-file lineup and stick close together, not separated by several meters
  • Have an updated roster of playable cars and tracks
  • Having updated driving model for Simcade standards
    Having dual driving model (Simcade & Hardcore Sim for controller pad & wheel user respectively)
  • Having updated visual & performance damage
  • Improved penalty system

Last edited:
Enough time, energy & budget being wasted on modelling vehicles upon vehicles.
How long GOATracks be kept playable on PS2/PS3 hardware-only???

I would LOVE for GT8' world map to be cluttered with almost every reputable race circuits:
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Toronto Honda Indy, Circuit Mont-Tremblant
Sonoma Raceway, Long Beach, Circuit of the Americas, Barber, Road America, Mid-Ohio, VIR, Lime Rock Park
(Road Atlanta & Sebring will be in GT7)
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Punta del Este Street Circuit, Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo, Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez
Algarve Circuit, Circuito do Estoril, Ascari, Circuito de Jerez, Circuito del Jarama, MotorLand Aragón, Valencia Street Circuit
Mondello Park, Isle of Man, Donington Park, Thruxton Circuit, Oulton Park, Knockhill, Cadwell Park, Anglesey Circuit
Circuit Zolder, Circuit Zandvoort, Magny-Cours, Paul Ricard, Bugatti Circuit, Circuit de Pau-Ville, Anneau du Rhin, Circuit de Charade

"Circuit de Monaco!"
Hockenheimring, Norisring, Lausitzring, Oschersleben, Salzburgring, Anderstorp Raceway, Automotodrom Brno, Hungaroring
Magione Circuit, Mugello, Imola Circuit, Misano World Circuit, Adria Raceway, Vallelunga Circuit
Intercity Istanbul Park, Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan, Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit
Losail Circuit, Bahrain Circuit, Yas Marina Circuit, Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Buddh International Circuit
Hanoi Circuit, Buriram Circuit, Baku City Circuit, Circuito da Guia Macua, Marina Bay Street Circuit, Sepang Circuit
Shanghai Circuit, Ningbo Circuit, Zhuhai Circuit, Korea International Circuit, Inje Speedium, Okayama Circuit, Sportsland Sugo
Phillip Island Circuit, Albert Park Circuit, Sandown Raceway, Wanneroo Raceway, Adelaide Street Circuit
Hampton Downs Motorsport Park, Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park, Highlands Motorsport Park, Teretonga Park

GT7 still dead short on real city-based street tracks I don’t understand why Polyphony abandoned them.
Past numbered games had places like Seattle, Rome, actual Tokyo-based, then Paris, New York, Hong Kong, Seoul, and then London & Madrid being latest additions 12+ years ago.

'Tokyo' Expressway is just not realistic enough.
Seattle Berlin Athens Sydney Circuit in Gran Turismo 8_by_NurBoyXVI.png

Last edited:
You know why we have Tokyo Expressway, and so many routes?
Real life racetracks have been closed and the opportunity to go for long drives isn't quite there as it used to be. I wonder if you've been able to enjoy real life driving while all this happened, and whether you've been able to keep your love of cars alive somehow.

Kazunori Yamauchi:
Actually, COVID gave me an opportunity to drive my cars more. I still drive on the Tokyo Expressway every night in my Porsche GT3.

Because Kaz loves it in real life, and he's the director. See my point above. Nothing will change with the same people making it.

Last edited:
A track rotation in the daily races similar to FM multiplayer, instead of doing one track per week.

Last edited:
  • All races have to be double-file lineup and stick close together, not separated by several meters
I agree with everything but this one. There goes my clean race bonuses as I accidentally hit or get hit by AI with a bunched start, especially on narrow tracks and ones where the start is immediately before the first turn. AI isn’t capable of not hitting other cars in close proximity and their driving is just plain erratic at times so even being careful it’s too common to hit them in situations where multiple cars are clustered like this.
I would improve on this request by simply stating improve AI behavior to be less erratic. At least make me believe they’re aware of their surroundings.

Why the hell are you asking for GT8 already?
Because I can see GT7's image is negative, I'm hoping GT8 will learn from its mistakes.

I'm still demanding Polyphony Digital remove the online DRM, meanwhile, I don't want Turn 10's Forza Motorsport Reboot to have the online DRM as well.

Last edited:
Not wishing for much. Just some hybrid of features and career mode from 4 and 5 built on top of GT7's engine with the online component from Sport. Basically roll over all the current cars, fill in the gaps with older and newer vehicles. The prominent models from each generation, of each class, of each manufacturer. From the Demios and Swifts, to the SF90 and Speedtail and everything in between. Though personally a heavy focus on 80's and 90's vehicles. I would like to see more real world courses but a course creator with option for point to point and narrow city/town routes would be fantastic. Along with bringing back some of the more interesting courses from the previous games. Also bring back the ability to trade ghost/lines with friends to compete against.

and then my personal hope is to see a 1990 Lotus Esprit SE and Cota. They can come scan my car if they need though not 100% original and I thought I read they had already scanned Cota.

Last edited:
TRACKS

Bring back as many classic GT tracks as possible. Such as Red Rock Valley - much cooler to me than Midfield. I'd also like to see the return of the monster from GT6, Circuito de la Sierra. License as many real world locations and city courses as possible - and hire sufficient staff to accomplish this. I fully expect a dribble of new content through the life of the game.

Goodies
  • Allow us to install our own music tracks, both as race tunes or menu music. Add as well as replace.
  • Bring back Race Mod, and add along with it, Tuner Mod. Race Mod should allow us to use appropriate sports and supercars to create race cars suitable for various "leagues" and classes.
  • Give us an updated Course Creator with lots of features. Big big big.
  • Give us a comprehensive Event Maker, useful for both offline and online play. I want it to be feature rich, so we can use it to create everything up to an entire racing season, say 20 - 25 events with a championship, and can set up our own points rules. And please, with reasonably good credit prizes. Pick a class and have the game populate the events with appropriate cars and named drivers. Include alternate liveries on duplicate cars, with the option of including cars with custom liveries from our garage. Include something like co-op play, so bots are replaced with players online. Make all tracks available, and include weather where available and time of day for each stage.
  • A COMPLETELY separate Drift Mode because the kids like it.

RACING

I want to see a GT Sport-like expansion of the events. Kazunori-sensei is all about car and racing history. He should have his team working on modeling a whole bunch of period race cars with a focus on what I consider the glory years of racing, from the 1980s into the 2000s. This period had some fantastic fast paced racing and a number of incredible racing machines which should be a blast to race. A few cars are already in the game, but it needs to be expanded to bring to life these marvelous machines used in GT / Touring Car, DTM, BTCC, WTCC, JGTC and Super GT among others. Period cars made by the various automakers from the three regions should be there to compete with each other. I'd love to see the stables grown with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Jaguars, Maseratis, Aston Martins, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, Opel and many more from America, Asia and I'd include our friends in Australia with their own racing history.

PD has already created a sort of fantasy league in their WTC. Use this as the platform to provide individual race car classes for these machines. If licensing individual leagues and racers is too much of an ordeal, fantasy liveries for fantasy leagues would work for me. They should make suitable separate number plaques for each league and league badges, and provide those in a new racing decal list, as well as sponsor decals.

I would also like to see a new racing class added, Gr.5, to provide racing in lower powered race cars, 180 to 250hp, with PPs around 550 to 600. In rallying, add a further Gr.C for these machines as well, as well as a possible Gr. A for the seriously powerful Rally cars of the past. Race Mod would include options to create race tuned cars built to the requirements of these leagues, for suitable cars, and we should be made aware of which cars would qualify for each league. For those who lack skill or patience creating liveries, templates could be provided enabling anyone to make a good looking paint job for their racer which they can color as they like.

As with previous Gran Turismos, make a range of racing series as short as three events, all the way up to serious ones with ten events or so including a championship race with extra points to help with those wanting an extra opportunity to win first place. Prizes could include race cars for the next step up in performance.

CAREER MODE

This is something I've been proposing since GT4. Give us a career roughly modeled on the early Gran Turismo games, but more along the lines of a real life progression into professional racing. This won't be for collecting cars, save for your personal rides.
  • Start as a beginner with a limited budget buying a used car to race with.
  • Tune it up to meet the requirements of the local racing club, maybe give it some racing stripes with a racing number and your name on the car. Complete a basic license test to participate, unless you have all the licenses already. Practice all the tracks as much as you want to get good.
  • Participate in a short racing season with a championship race for extra points, with small but useful prize purses. Perhaps maintain your car from wear and tear and any damage per race. Include difficulty options and assists.
  • At the completion, you must finish in the top three. Go back for another season if you don't make it, or even if you want to, say to win first place. Sponsors will want to sign you, giving you access to a steady income and a hefty discount on their upgrades.
  • Semi-pro racing opens up, something like America's SCCA and my proposed Gr.5. Pick one of a few different classes of racing, including the dreaded Rally. Buy and modify a car allowed within the class, and race mod it. Livery templates should be provided for those with less skill in creating one. The more challenging races will require more expensive cars, but will offer bigger prizes.
  • Participate in another racing season, a longer more challenging one, and race to the top three in the final standings. You may stay with this racing club, try another season in the same car and class, or try another class. But a new league will open up, equivalent to Gr.4 Class racing.
  • Supported with more sponsors, buy a Gr.4 race car and give it a livery. Join the league, and race for a new championship. Return if you want as a young hero, or move on to Gr.B or Gr.3, and from there to Gr.2, and from there to Gr.1 and Formula racing.
This is copied and touched up from the wishlist thread.

A new developer. It's the only way things are going to fundamentally change for the better.
I can sort of agree with this. Maybe even a collaboration. Have PD focus on the the cars. The details and unified quality(if models are outsourced) along with the photo/replay/presentation aspects but hand off the actual gameplay/career/racing/AI and whatever else to a new team or even an established sim/sim-cade dev via a partnership.

Who do you suggest?
The original PD team was formed from scratch, no reason a new team couldn't be. It doesn't have to be an existed studio, although poaching some of the best guys from those studios would be wise.
Perhaps, Polyphony Digital hires new staff while Kazunori Yamauchi may have retire from the Gran Turismo series.
I can sort of agree with this. Maybe even a collaboration. Have PD focus on the the cars. The details and unified quality(if models are outsourced) along with the photo/replay/presentation aspects but hand off the actual gameplay/career/racing/AI and whatever else to a new team or even an established sim/sim-cade dev via a partnership.
Maybe, it just needs all the core decision makers and designers changed. Whoever it is that is making sure every Gran Turismo game practically the same as the last one, the reason why GT7 still shares fundamentals with GT1. There is nothing wrong with the car modelling so no point replacing those, track modellers probably as well, but even more could be outsourced.

A new team entirely or a big shake up, one of the two. One with a leader who isn't just OK with copy pasting License Tests. One who isn't OK with jumbled up car classes. One who doesn't think the catch the rabbit format and poor AI is fine. One who doesn't think three online races all week is sufficient. One who doesn't dictate content based on their own personal preferences. One who doesn't put a bunch of time and effort into a rigged roulette system. And so on.

Last edited:
Back