Yukon Jack times

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 13 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
I noticed today in rivals mode if you beat the time on the Yukon Jack you get a car...What is his time on this????

It's 2:01.741

Seems he is allowed to improve it though so who knows. This isn't one of T10's greatest ideas.

It's 2:01.741

Seems he is allowed to improve it though so who knows. This isn't one of T10's greatest ideas.

So he gets to re-run the lap after everyone has put there time in??....I wonder how many times he can lap before he can set a time??....Im with you that its not such a great idea

Isn't that unfair to him that he only gets one try? The rest of us can redo it too. Now, it would be unfair if he bested his time with 5 mins before the contest ends. But I don't see it unfair for anyone to give it a second or third try.
All you gotta do is do your best. It doesn't matter if he improves his score or not. If he eventually beats a time you can't improve on, you going to complain it is unfair cause he's a better racer than you?

Isn't that unfair to him that he only gets one try? The rest of us can redo it too. Now, it would be unfair if he bested his time with 5 mins before the contest ends. But I don't see it unfair for anyone to give it a second or third try.
All you gotta do is do your best. It doesn't matter if he improves his score or not. If he eventually beats a time you can't improve on, you going to complain it is unfair cause he's a better racer than you?

In a contest like this, yes.

A lot of people will simply do it once, beat his time as of that point and move on(at one point his time was 1:31.XXX). I did it with the C.J. Wilson event and the Rampage one as well and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. That is where the problem lies, in both those events it seems the person you have to best didn't go back and best their time, so can you blame people for expecting the same setup for this one? It's fine if they are going to let the person keep doing it, but if they are they should state so so that people doing it the way I described it in the first sentence know that they should check back periodically.

Saying that, it's very unlikely I will beat his time, I'm fine with that, but T10 needs to be clearer with the way they word things if they are going to change how a contest works.

+1

I think its unfair that he can post more than ONE time...Give him or whoever as many tries as Turn10 want to give him but when he is done let him post a time for others to shoot for ONCE...BTW the word "fair" was never in the post..Like he said they need to be more clear on the rules

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up a 1:59xxx as he's capable. His current time was set in a sagaris, if he pulls out the exige or esprit then i reckon he'll knock a second or more of his current time.

I couldn't find "Official Rules" but found this quote in the latest Week in Review article, "The community will have until February 17th at 8 a.m. PST to take down ARMIPOTENT ADAM’s time. At the end of the contest, all drivers who have beaten Adam's time will be awarded his Bounty Hunter car."
I stand corrected, you did not write the words "unfair" but that's how I took "Not such a great idea." To me, the rules are beat his time and win the car. I am not sure how it could be more clear.

The part that makes it not a good idea is the past two similar events they have ran have had the driver set a lap and that was that, they didn't run any more. Now though they are doing it but are allowing the person who people are supposed to beat to continue lapping, which is fine. If they want to change how they run it though they should notify people and have it set up so it alerts you when they beat your time like when someone on your friends list does.

People are going to expect this to work just like the King of the Track events, this will lead to a rather large 🤬 storm when people that thought they beat his time find out that he bested it and they weren't notified.

Back