PS4 Zero Cup: zero tuning (PS4) - STOPPED

Discussion in 'AC Clubs & Leagues' started by WarriusZero, Sep 24, 2016.

1. C Fandango

C Fandango

l shall be starting a racing series or two myself, check it out F-A-C-T-O-R

2. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

Look for Stefano Kunos, yes. You'll see him a few times in roughly the first 10 minutes of my video, the first time being in lap 1 when I quickly checked who was behind me after my accident... :D

3. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Yeah that accident was so unfortunate as you had nothing to do with it :banghead:
    I just hate that kind of accidents!:grumpy:

4. Orayani

Orayani

Warrius, whats the Cup car like compared to the Cayman Clubsport GT4? Faster, slower, twitchy?

5. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

Faster. There's no TCS so there's no 'safety net'. They're cool.
    But anyway, they're available on console as well, aren't they?

6. Orayani

Orayani

Yeah though I cannot drive them yet.

7. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

Why? Oh, you broke something in your setup, is that right?

8. Orayani

Orayani

Yeah and building a new rig. Half way there.

hobbsy and WarriusZero like this.
  9. hobbsy

hobbsy

Handmade? Would be interested in seeing what you come up with.

10. Orayani

Orayani

Yep, handmade. Wood. Its nice having a rock solid pedal base now. Flex is so nasty.

hobbsy and WarriusZero like this.
  11. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

When will we have a North American league worth racing in?
    Why only the Brits develop nice stuff?
    Where are the freaking North American Assetto's enthusiasts?

12. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Well North Americans are usually more interested in Daytona or Nascar, or other forms of racing!

I can see you're interested in SNAIL and the other league. You're not racing there?!?! :boggled:

13. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Assetto Corsa leagues are not running yet and project cars is over and done for me until Pcars2

Georgeagea likes this.
  14. hobbsy

hobbsy

I'm sure there will be a explosion of clubs, leagues and events as soon as those "Custom" lobbies arrive...

However, I'm not confident that AC in its current state, will have the influence over people that many expected. And as such, unless there are some serious changes to come, I fear it will not hold out well in the last 1/4 of the year. It could be a short lived success.

I for one, will be buying the likes of PCARS2 and GTS and for different reasons. AC will still have its place in my stable of games, but very likely not for online racing.
    This is what I think many others will do too.

15. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Couldn't have said it better!
    If I'm to continue in sim racing, I'll definitely be buying the GTS and/or PC2 just because they are the better package overall in terms of a gaming factor and fun/racing: better graphics, more features like day/night and weather or dynamic track, better single player campaign, better online multiplayer, etc...
    Yes AC will always be, in my opinion, the SIMULATOR, similarly to what Kunos themselves market it, and not a game! So in terms of physics and driving experience, it might remain unmatched. But, unfortunately, that alone doesn't cut it!

16. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

From what some people I know have been saying, GTS won't be much of an option either.... if you're into SIM racing.

John Wells likes this.
  17. hobbsy

hobbsy

Yes, that depends what you want from the game, but don't forget GTS still in beta form, no one really knows what it ultimately will offer!!!

This includes the physics engine... So writing it off now is not really a fair judgement of the final product (IMO).

The real point here though (without trying to draw to many conclusions), is if you want to race with others online, you more or less have to go where there are people racing. I simply feel there will be a big drop in online numbers for AC come the end of the year.

However, I'm all for making the most of what we have here and now. So once that next update drops I plan to be one of the many organising events.

I will probably try to kick-start the ZeroCup on behalf of our friend @WarriusZero (who has been suduced by the dark side ;))

Georgeagea likes this.
  18. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

For me GTS will be in my console for the fun but definitely not like the main thing because it's a game...not a simulator.

Georgeagea and hobbsy like this.
  19. hobbsy

hobbsy

Aren't they all? :odd:

:sly:

Georgeagea likes this.
  20. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Aaaaaaaah.... No. :D

Georgeagea and hobbsy like this.
  21. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Racing games changed a lot in the past 5 years due to an incredible improvement of the technology available to developers so what made cars move around the track before the Racing simulation revolution was basically informatic programs and today is data. Today is the feedback of dozens of sensors, microphones, laser scans and high resolution cameras installed in the very real race/street cars and for me, this is what makes the difference between a sim and a videogame, the high level of realism in terms of car reaction to its own mechanics and electronics and to the track and weather conditions and from what I've been able to hear from some of my friends that had the chance of trying this beta, this is exactly where Polyphony Digital keeps failing to succeed. It doesn't feel right yet.

hobbsy, llNovall and C Fandango like this.
  22. llNovall

llNovall

I'm right there with you Schmiggz. AC has made everything else feel inaccurate. I have tried the GT Sport beta, and while it is better than GT6 in physics and is easier to adjust back and forth from AC than GT6, you are exactly right... those finite details and undulations...those dips in the track, and the body roll, and the direct feel/sense of what going on at the tires...GT Sport still hasn't (at least for me) found the formula that AC had nailed. My hope is with private lobbies, some organized racing could be afforded for such a great feeling sim.

Schmiggz, John Wells, hobbsy and 2 others like this.
  23. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

I would like to join

Georgeagea likes this.
  24. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

Sorry I meant to edit the 1st post to show more clearly that I had stopped hosting races on PS4 (there is a clue with the dates, though). Look a few posts above, you might find some interesting stuff, especially the upcoming FACTOR series.

Georgeagea, John Wells and C Fandango like this.