Zeroes to Heroes: how to learn a track in Driveclub

• Thread starter Moto54
  • 66 comments
Mcpartyman and myself have a new idea called Aggregate Time Trial.

We'll take screenshot submissions of individual sector/split times,
and keep a running account of what an aggregate lap total would be.
As someone beats a split, the old one will come down and the new one will go up.

As far as 'rules' are concerned, theres a little twist.

If someone has the fastest 2nd or 3rd splits, they will not be permitted
to enter a time for 1st split. The idea behind that is, we want to encourage
people to try, and its easier if they have quick access by way of the 1st split
(and Restarting quickly) and not have to do a whole lap.

I wanted to include that best times must come from AI started laps and not flying
laps, but as it is hard to enforce we will pick a track that reduces the flying lap
effect.

Are we good? Good. I will pick the new track. We will get started just as soon as
Mcpartyman picks a car. (and if he picks the 458 Italia I will fly to England and
shoot him on sight!!)

Aggregate World Record is at hand. To get you in the mood (Driveclub foreplay),
here is a replay that beats Centuras World Record lap of Sinclair, 2nd Split
(we're talking about the 2nd split only), by just under .150.

Sounds good to me. As Centura won the last one (I know Arsenal kid just beat it) he can choose the class of car unless of course we are sticking to super??

I have a lot to say about the recent WR things.. but for right this moment:
Centura, PICK A CAR for the Aggregate Comp!! Lets not get Hyper, if you
dont mind :)

I am pretty sure that 1.28.7x is possible on this track, the current #1 is 29.3 and I was about 4/10ths faster than him a little after the 1st intermediate (of course I ended up messing after, doh, what can you do) and given that he hit the wall at the end too I am sure it can be done

still the leaderboard for this is getting to be fairly competitive, I managed a 1.30.035 and I'm still #7, and there are quite a few of us within a couple of tenths, fun times

Honestly I didnt expect to find the worlds fastest Driveclub drivers right here on GTPlanet!
I mean I expected to find ONE here (me) but not all you other lot... serves me right.
Seriously though, if anyone was ever interested in Sinclair, Canada, they could not find a
better place or thread on the internet to guide them. Not only that, but the lessons they
learn here can be applied to the rest of the game.

A reminder to latecomers that Centura posted a Track Guide deluxe on Page 2.

You gotta hold it together for the whole lap. When you know you are on a good lap, you become nervous (I do, at least...) and you do mistakes you wouldn't have done otherwise./QUOTE]

For me it wasnt that. I never did get comfortable with the last sector.. never. I was Top 10 comfortable but thats it.
The first 2 sectors I was Top 2 comfortable :) And the 2nd sector needed to see your turn 6 for it to come into focus. Thanks again, Sinclair was a blast. I accomplished what I hoped the thread starter said it might.

About 4.5 years and 8000 miles later(late to the party or what!) I was reading old Driveclub posts and thought I'd have a crack at this.
1 28.351 was the result,not a bad improvement over my previous time of 1.34 ish back when you guys were trying this out.

Back