Zonda R sound?

• Thread starter katsuru
  • 22 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
katsuruTM
What did they do to the zonda R?

I just won one and tuned it, went to track with it, it sounds like a RC car, no kidding, no exaust boom, no engine rawr, Nothing!!! the car is as silent as a ninja!

The Zonda R in GT Mode comes pre-tuned already.

One of the unremoveable engine upgrades is most likely the cause seeing as I tuned another car with the same part only to have it sound quiet and horrible. The Zonda in Arcade mode sounds much better.

Just another reason why GT5's sound gets bashed often.

gota go try the zonda in arcade mode... i really got scared! As a zonda should be louder than a god damn plane! :D

just wanted to add the sound problem on the zonda R doest not seem to be the turbo, i removed it, and still engine is a complete RC car, my soround sound on DTS is not sending ANY sound from the center speaker ( where the engine sound usualy comes from playing inside the car )

I also noticed that the tyres on the zonda R do not make those sounds when curving. I am afraid the whole sound model for this car is damaged??

Why did you tune the Zonda R anyway ? Not fast enough for you ?
and now you have ruined it.

unlucky really. But there is no reason to tune it anyway.

I dont know if its been mentioned but if you go into settings then audio settings there is an option to choose "small room, small theater and large theater" down the bottom. Changing this option increases engine noise quiet dramaticly. If I put it on Large theater and play rally I cannot hear the voice commands over the engine. I am using headphone though and dont have a surround sound set up. Some of the cars sound a bit off but some sound awsome. Try a fully worked Dodge Challenger R/T '70 and I love the sound of the Nascars when they come in to pit at low revs and idle. Most of the cars sound good a low revs or idle its when you get them up at redline they get a bit to much supercharger or turbo whine but I have never been in a fully worked Zonda so couldnt really tell what one would sound like at red line.

I dont know if its been mentioned but if you go into settings then audio settings there is an option to choose "small room, small theater and large theater" down the bottom. Changing this option increases engine noise quiet dramaticly. If I put it on Large theater and play rally I cannot hear the voice commands over the engine. I am using headphone though and dont have a surround sound set up. Some of the cars sound a bit off but some sound awsome. Try a fully worked Dodge Challenger R/T '70 and I love the sound of the Nascars when they come in to pit at low revs and idle. Most of the cars sound good a low revs or idle its when you get them up at redline they get a bit to much supercharger or turbo whine but I have never been in a fully worked Zonda so couldnt really tell what one would sound like at red line.

I use it that way, large teather, because on DTS the engine sounds for Small teather and living room are also bugged, there are some "tick tick tick" sounds when the engine is idle, or when reving. Only Large teather has high quality engine sounds.

Why did you tune the Zonda R anyway ? Not fast enough for you ?
and now you have ruined it.

unlucky really. But there is no reason to tune it anyway.

adding a turbo was the only tunning mod i made. Still no reason to dramatically ruin a car sound! :crazy:

Same thing happened to the stealth GT-R, after the upgrades there was no more engine sounds just the transmission whine.

I was trying to bring up the top speed for some online unlimited races. :)

What did they do to the zonda R?

I just won one and tuned it, went to track with it, it sounds like a RC car, no kidding, no exaust boom, no engine rawr, Nothing!!! the car is as silent as a ninja!

That's one of the first things I noticed a couple weeks ago when I heard it. I thought to myself "wow, this thing sounds nothing like a car. in fact, it sounds like my F104 (F1) RC car." You got to admit though, it would be the coolest RC car (the zonda) to have lol.

just wanted to add the sound problem on the zonda R doest not seem to be the turbo, i removed it, and still engine is a complete RC car, my soround sound on DTS is not sending ANY sound from the center speaker ( where the engine sound usualy comes from playing inside the car )

I also noticed that the tyres on the zonda R do not make those sounds when curving. I am afraid the whole sound model for this car is damaged??

That's because the Zonda is rear engine. If you are using the dash view or bumper cam, the sound will come from the surrounds only.

question, where did you remove it? i mean, if you enter a race/practice and remove it you'll still no hear the engine, you have to remove it, exit the race/practice, and enter again, that's how it works with my zonda

The same thing happenned to me after adding the turbo and engine upgrade.. Infact I made a thread about it, but it got ignored.. :(

This is why in my opinion you shouldn't tune the engines of some cars with great engine sounds, the AMG's, lp670-4, Lexus LFA, Zonda R e.t.c. Especially if you can't undo the mods. I know it's you game and everything and you should do whatever you want with it but this quest for more power, over a better chassis/setup or lighter weight.....Leave the insane horsepower to a GT-R or race car where engine noise doesn't matter or doesn't change that much.

this is not a problem of sound engine changing, it's an error in the game, the engine sound disappears

Every single car I have which has a mid-mounted engine (just behind the drivers seat) the sound comes from my rear speakers when I'm sat in the cockpit with no exception. It sounds to me like you have the wrong sound settings somewhere along the line

please read, its a bug

from another topic

Whats the deal with my Zonda?

It makes tranny and wind noise but lacks an engine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Seems to be a glitch. My XJ13 sounded fine until I upgraded it and now the engine sound is gone and you just hear the transmission.

Weird audio bug, had it with my 787b last night.

Same problem. Fully tuned zonda r, makes no engine sound in any view at all, even on replays and b spec. Really sucks because this is one of my favorite cars but I am having trouble knowing when to shift and getting distracted watching the tach.

I have the same problem with my Honda RAYBRIG NSX '06 (Super GT)

After fully tuning him you only hear the transmission.

Its a bug. Nothing to do with audio settings or engine sounds.

Needs reporting somehow, with a list of cars it happens to.

I first noticed it on the Zonda.

EDIT: It's possible this has something to do with ONLY having the option of adding the titanium exh. Bob is driving mine at the moment, so shall check when he has done. Just wondering if this has anythng in common with the other cars this happens to.

NOOO my zonda R'09 engine has died also :(

I have been able to get the sound back on my Zonda R by removing all the turbo and exhaust mods. I still have 11 more cars in my garage with this no sound issue. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back