Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
Tharain

Hi fellow racers,

hereby i want to announce the opening of my own Tuning-Garage.
I'm all on my own and I do have a fulltime job so the setups I plan on releasing can take some time but I hope it is worth it :)

Just as backround info, I have been under the top 8 racers in Germany for another racing game on PC (played national qualifier for the WCG in Need for Speed) so I think I'm quite a good driver and I hope you guys (and ladies? :)) can take profit out of it. I hope this doesn't sound like a promotion for myself...
just want to say that I am able to drive any car at the highest level of racing and sqeeze every second out of my setups.
I know what tweaks and fine adjustments a car needs to be fast... assumed you are also able to drive at a certain level of racing you will have alot of fun with my setups ;)

I would describe my driving-style fairly aggresive, late on the brakes and I prefer faster cornering than high speed.

As hardware I'm using the G25 and ofc manual shifting, all aids off except ABS on 1.

Here's a quick overview of some cars I want to tune for sure:
  • Elise 111R '04
  • Enzo Ferrari '02
  • Audi Le Mans quattro
  • Calsonic IMPUL GT-R
  • Audi R8 5.2

And here's a quick overview of cars I already tuned:

Maybe I'll add some cars later but for now I think these cars will take some time to tune.

The first tune may be up shortly and I would really appreciate some feedback :)

So far,
Tharain

Last edited:
Hi,

hereby I proudly present my first tune which is in fact for a car i just won and is in my opinion a very good race car :P
The setup is quite solid but i think it still can be optimized, with your help ;)
So if you like, leave any feedback! I would greatly appreciate it.
Have fun with this monster, at least i have some ... :sly:

minoltas.jpg

Notes:
The 2nd gear is a killer! Try to avoid it and if you can't keep the revs as low as possible.Tend to shift earlier!
Try to keep the revs below 8.000rpm!

Tuning: to the max (776kw/850kg/1.200km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 60/85

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 380kmh seems quite good

LSD: 30/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -28/-28
Springs: 14.8/17.5
Dampers (Ext): 8/8
Dampers (Com): 8/8
Anti-Roll: 6/3

Camber: 0.5/0.5
Toe: 0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7

Last edited:
Tharain's - Testing - Center

Every car and setup will be tested at least 10 laps! Official test track is Nürburgring Nordschleife.
All driving aids are turned off except ABS on 1!

nordschleifelogo.jpg

1. 5:25 - Formula GT
  2. 5:54 - Zonda R '09
  3. 6:03 - McLaren F1 Stealth Model
  4. 6:15 - Mazda Furai Concept '08 (with crash)
  5. 6:18 - Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (starting lap)
  6. 6:21 - NSX-R Proto LM Road Car (starting lap)
  7. 6:31 - Audi A4 Touring Car
  8. 6:33 - Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti '93
  9. 6:33 - SLS AMG '10 (starting lap)
  10. 6:35 - Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
  11. 6:41 - Le Mans quattro '03 (starting lap, car not maxed)
  12. 6:44 - RUF CTR2 '96 (starting lap)
  13. 6:45 - GT-R Spec V (starting lap)

Last edited:
Gonna try that tuning for Minolta Toyota as soon as i get home! Hope it'll be good for the all-star

Thanks I'll leave feedback on it tonight

Really looking forward to your AMS, F1 Stealth, furai, and zonda tune...I'll definitely give them a try for you as I'm at the level in the game where i'll be receiving both of them very soon.

Preliminary test (hey, need to make some money) on like the wind indy gave me about a second slower than my normal Minolta tune. I'll try it on a real track in a few. :)
It seems to lose a bit more speed, maybe kick the rear end up a bit as per the other Minolta thread? (the how to beat like the wind/all stars thread)

Preliminary test (hey, need to make some money) on like the wind indy gave me about a second slower than my normal Minolta tune. I'll try it on a real track in a few. :)
It seems to lose a bit more speed, maybe kick the rear end up a bit as per the other Minolta thread? (the how to beat like the wind/all stars thread)

Thanks for testing :)

Well, i didnt tune it especially for INDY, more for the "normal" tracks.
I didnt have any problems with this car in the "like the wind" challenge, but im thankful for any sort of advice :)

I updated some settings on the Minolta and i have some important notes:

• The 2nd gear is a killer! Try to avoid it and if you can't keep the revs as low as possible
    [*]Tend to shift earlier! Try to keep the revs below 8.000rpm

And I did the GT-Allstars event again with the new setup and I got gold in all 5 races (and I wasn't really warmed up ;) )!
Trial Mountain +8 sec
Grand Valley +10 sec
Nordschleife 5.53,493 +24 sec (1st time @ Nordschleife with this car)
Cape Ring +16 sec with huge crash, took lead in 3rd lap
Tokyo R246 +6 sec with huge crash also at the start

So far quite a solid tune i guess ;)

Last edited:
which car should i tune next? i can't decide :)

And btw: i drove Nordschleife again in the Minolta and it's really a blast... drove 5:40... :)

Last edited:
I'd love to see one of the RUF's get tuned. Im a huge fan of the RR setup :)

I'd be willing to lend one to you to tune and test, I own all 5.

I'd love to see one of the RUF's get tuned. Im a huge fan of the RR setup :)

I'd be willing to lend one to you to tune and test, I own all 5.

Thanks for the offer but for now I'm fine with the cars i have :)
The RUF's are already a bit tuned but I'm not satisfied with the setups so i don't release them but if i feel comfortable with them i'll let you know for sure :)

The Minolta tune seems very solid. Won GT All-Stars and Dream Car Championship easily with this tune. Thanks

hi all

so far I was not really in need for a tune. But I am well stuck now. with the Minolta on GT allstars. I tried out the tune above for the minolta.

Does anybody else have a good tune for this?

thanks

Yep I tried your tune and It's a good one many thanks for sharing 👍 I'd just like to say though one thing about using other peoples tunes....don't get to disheartened if they don't get you the same results as the tuner, because you must remember everybody's driving styles are different so ones guys tune may not suite your driving style.

I think that your LSd may need a tinker, the middle number in particular, theres too much throttle oversteer at standard tune and putting it even higher makes it more uncontrollable in my opinion.

I really don't understand how people are driving this car without aids on, all it becomes is extreme frustration. If you tap the breaks, or accelerator on 2nd or low 3rd it's all cluster****ed. Mind you I'm using DFGT, simulated, everything zero, but if I don't use Skid Recovery Force this car just slides every where, especially if your a person who rides the bumpers, you touch a piece of grass, ONE BLADE of grass and the car is now on ice.

Tharain can you tune a '66 shelby cobra? i have the premium one, if possible i can send it to you maybe tuesday.
i need some good tuning for my '66 shelby, its hard to control!

Tharain can you tune a '66 shelby cobra?

i cant promise you cause im quite busy at the moment tuning the cars i already have :P

btw: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II will be my car to tune next ;)

Last edited:
Hi racers,

hereby I proudly present my 2nd tune for a car that was one of the best in Prologue.
It is really one of the most entertaining cars to drive and the sound is just awesome. But remember, this is a monster and if you are not careful it will eat you alive! And this monster has a name: FORD GT LM RACE CAR SPEC II

fordgtlmracecarspecii.jpg

Notes:
One of the fastest cars I've driven so far! Amazing handling and an awesome acceleration.
But be aware of the power...!

Tuning: to the max (592kw/1130kg/50km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 50/70

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 380kmh seems quite good

LSD: 20/25/30

Suspension:
Height: -15/-15
Springs: 12.5/11.0
Dampers (Ext): 8/8
Dampers (Com): 8/8
Anti-Roll: 6/5

Camber: 0.5/0.5
Toe: 0/0.20

Brakes: 7/6

Maybe I'll adjust some settings later cause I'm gonna test the hell out of that beast ;)

Last edited:
nice, thats one of my favorite cars too. I set it to the max, but I only have 559 kw? Did you oil change or something like that?

So the brakes have improved and the rear of my GT '06 doesn`t slip with full throttel out of corners like it did before. I changed LSD 14/14/20 in my own setup but i wasn`t happy with results. This is much better.
I am not sure about its new handling atm, i only raced some few laps on my standart test track grand valley. And to be honest a Ford GT isn`t a good choice for this track no matter which setup, so i couldn`t improve my time for now. And i drove very bad today oO

Oh and it isn`t the same as a LM Spec, important to mention I think - downforce can make a huge difference.

Back