Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
Just tuned the Minolta.

Did a couple of laps of Grand Valley Speedway in it with the standard setup and did a 1:34.888. Used your tune and eventually I managed to beat my time, and then shaved another couple of tenths off on the next lap to get a 1:33.779. It seems a lot more difficult to handle and also seems to understeer quite a lot more but its clearly much quicker and if you can get it right then you're laughing. I found it far too easy to make a mistake though and end up on the grass. Will stick with it and see how I go.

Thanks alot for this review! I'll go deep into the RGT tormorrow and take a look at the issues you mentioned!

:)

Did a few more adjustments and ran a new best of 1:49.712 and think I can shave off 2 more tenths in sector 1.

It took me some time but finally here it comes.
This car is a 4x4 and quite heavy so you first have to get used to it!
But once you feel comfortable and know how to brake and handle the corners you will have fun with this blast :)

Welcome to the GT-R Spec V (GT Academy Version) '09.

gtrspecvfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car is quite heavy! Once you get used driving a 4x4 you should feel comfortable.
Capable of sub 6:20 on the Nordschleife!

Tuning: to the max (647kw/1367kg/551.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: n/a

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 400kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: 30/70

LSD: 10/35/30

Suspension:
Height: -13/-13
Springs: 12.5/10.5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 5/4
Anti-Roll: 5/6

Camber: 1.8/1.5
Toe: 0.10/0.00

Brakes: 7/5

The first time I use a different brake setting because with my usual setting I had some problems breaking for high speed corners.

Feedback is as always welcome :)

Last edited:
Hi Tharain,

You keen to work on a Honda NSX-R Prototype Road Car? I have 1 but can't seem to find tunes on it. Could send over to you for tunes. PM me if you keen on the project. :)

You keen to work on a Honda NSX-R Prototype Road Car? I have 1 but can't seem to find tunes on it. Could send over to you for tunes. PM me if you keen on the project. :)

That special car was not my first thought ;) I have another Honda in my mind but the NSX-R Prototype is for sure very attractive ;)
Altough you don't need to send it to me because I want to make tunes for cars I have not for cars that I borrowed and after the tuning I have to give it back ;)

Hope you understand what I mean... if i come past one and I can afford it I will make a tuning for it :)

This baby runs so smooth I hardly find any words to describe it ... :)
The base is from Honda and the tuning from AMUSE.

I'll introduce the S2000 GT1 Turbo.

amuses2000final.jpg

Notes:
Quite easy to get used to the 7 gears.
Handling is amazing and you can surprise alot of players with this baby online :)
Capable of sub 6:30 on the Nordschleife!

Tuning: to the max (471kw/1120kg/62.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 20/50

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 350kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 45/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -18/-18
Springs: 14.0/13.0
Dampers (Ext): 7/8
Dampers (Com): 6/7

Camber: 1.3/0.9
Toe: 0.10/0.00

Brakes: 8/7

Let me know how it feels :)

Last edited:
You've noticed something important :) You mean front / rear I guess... did it on purpose because it gave me the best results... otherwise I wouldn't release the tunings if I don't feel comfortable with it :)

I have a question...

What's with every last one of your tunes being perfectly symmetrical?
lol.. just noticed that

You've noticed something important :) You mean front / rear I guess... did it on purpose because it gave me the best results... otherwise I wouldn't release the tunings if I don't feel comfortable with it :)

Symmetrical is not always best, distributing suspension characteristics to either the front or rear can often help a particular car by inducing oversteer or understeer. A symmetrical tune usually does neither, so there is usually room for improvement.

Also, I've noticed you never use camber? ...

Last edited:
Also, I've noticed you never use camber? ...

You mean toe?
Right, I see no need for it for now... if I feel better with a bit of camber I'll use it (used it for some tunes if you look again you'll find them ;) )

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time believing the GT-R Spec V (GT Academy Version) '09 being faster around the Nurnburgring compared to the Amuse S2000 GT1?

You write 6.20 for the GT-R but 6.30 for the Amuse....

I'm having a hard time believing the GT-R Spec V (GT Academy Version) '09 being faster around the Nurnburgring compared to the Amuse S2000 GT1?

You write 6.20 for the GT-R but 6.30 for the Amuse....

I suggest you take both to the Ring and find out yourself :)

You mean toe?
Right, I see no need for it for now... if I feel better with a bit of camber I'll use it (used it for some tunes if you look again you'll find them ;) )

No I meant camber, I just looked at like 5 of your tunes in a row that don't have camber that probably need it, also toe is important on many cars too. I'd even argue that camber is more important than toe.

Also you didn't say anything about the symmetrical suspensions.. it seems suspicious that they are all equal, have you tried "fine tuning" them?

I didn't even remember the previous settings when fine tuning the actual car so if there are symmetrical/same values thats luck. Of course there has to be some difference for example considering where the engine is set etc and I considered most aspects with my tunings :)

I don't say the setups are perfect but they really feel comfortable to me and if you have any suggestions then go ahead :)

On Sunday I'll go deep again in all setups to optimize them :)

Pagani Zonda '09

Tuning: to the max (713kw/1070kg/453.5km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 40/65

LSD: 20/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Springs: 11.0/12.5
Dampers (Ext): 7/7
Dampers (Com): 7/7
Anti-Roll: 5/4

Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.0/0.20

Brakes: 8/7[/FONT]

2 down, 2 to go...
So.... I left the car in stock HP rating, to fairly compare all 4 tunes. This turned out to be 770hp for me with Racing Soft Tires.

Test Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Best Lap: 1:42.812

All 4 tunes compares here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4589829#post4589829

This lap time doesn't do the tune justice. I can easily run a low 1:41 in this tune, if I could simply touch the gas. I knew going in, that the LSD was going to be hell on my throttle skills (lack thereof), so ignore this time for now, and we'll check the real time after I throw on my LSD settings.

Entry: Before the lap even started, I immediately noticed more turn in than both previous tunes, as well as the ability to stay full throttle through the last turn of this track. Now I can't say this is due to the suspension, as I suspect it's mainly the downforce coming into play. But, it had the most turn in thus far. The car feels good, planted and ready as it enters the corners.

Center: The center was a bit on the tight side, but less present than the first 2 tunes I've run so far. The car had nice grip, and rotated above average. The more I got comfortable with the tune, the harder I was driving in, due to increased entry ability, but it also began to increase the understeer through the center. This could be corrected when I drop the LSD de-accel.

Exit: The understeer remains about the same here, but ever present. The increased downforce does well to counter act this tendency, but is unable to overcome it altogether. This is where I feel some camber would really come in handy.

Overall: As voiced by others, I find the lack of toe and camber adjustments to be a handicap to only yourself, but they aren't as large of a role as they probably should be in GT5. Having said all of the above, I expect this tune, to produce a better lap time, than the current best help by Avid's tune, converted to my LSD as well, of a 1:40.863. Whether this can be attributed to the suspension or downforce is yet to be decided though.

Upon installing the LSD Settings of 20,8,5 I ran a 1:40.867.
.004 slower than the hybrid Avid tune. I'm also confident that this hybrid tune was actually faster, as this lap had 2 small hiccups that cost me the better lap, so I will have to say that this tune with the hybrid LSD is capable of the faster lap. Unfortunately, Avid's hybrid has much room for improvement in lap time, with simple modifications, like a lower ride height and higher downforce, that I feel would ultimately trump these current lap times. Although, at the same time, with some fine tuning of the camber and toe of this tune, possibly a shock revision it would be hard to say who would come out on top.

Last edited:
Although, at the same time, with some fine tuning of the camber and toe of this tune, possibly a shock revision it would be hard to say who would come out on top.

Thanks alot for the review! Helps me optimizing the setup :)

Also thanks to coderiver for the feedback :)

As mentioned above, tomorrow I'll go deep again into all tunings I made to adjust some settings especially regarding toe, camber and dampers.

I'll keep you updated :)

Last edited:
So guys,
I just started reviewing my setups and with the knowledge I gained within the weeks I was able to cut off several seconds with changing some settings.

I started with the CTR2, Zonda, McLaren, S2000 and the GT-R and here I already felt that with the new adjustments my tunings will be alot better.

With the Zonda I was able to break the magic 6 minute mark (5:54.886) and I think there is still a bit of clearance :)

I suggest you try out the Zonda cause it really is challenging and entertaining :D

Last edited:
After a short brake due to my job I finally had some time tuning this rare car.
It's surprisingly good to handle and capable to sub 6:30 easy on the Nordschleife.

Welcome to the RX-8 Concept LM Race Car.

rx8conceptfinal.jpg

Notes:
Be carefull of oversteering this baby!
Capable of winning GT-Allstars on Nordschleife!

Tuning: to the max (434kw/1100kg/431.7km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 35/60

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 350kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 45/25/30

Suspension:
Height: -13/-13
Springs: 15.0/12.5
Dampers (Ext): 8/6
Dampers (Com): 7/5

Camber: 1.0/0.8
Toe: 0.06/0.00

Brakes: 8/7

Feedback as always welcome :)

Last edited:
I've tested all your tunes and they are solid and the cars are good to handle. Very stanble to.

One thing is intresting, all your cars are a little bit overstered when accelerrating out of a corner. (with controller and x as acc).

Which setting do you use for that. LSD??

Latest Posts

Back