Tharain's Tuning Temple / NSX-R Proto LM Road Car tune released (updated 24/01/11)

• Thread starter Tharain
  • 255 comments
Thanks guys for your feedback! :)
Was able to drive also under 1:40 at Grand Valley with the Furai but i think it is capable of more if you tune it especially for this track... :)

I can't decide what to do now... seasonal events are interesting but I do have alot of cars on my list ... :D

Love the McLaren tune but the Furai one.. I want to love it, but I still slip and slide on the track. I have it fully upgraded with racing softs but on many of the turns, I have to be very careful or I will spin and do a 360. I have no aids on, and ABS @ 1. Anything I can do to stop the spin outs? Acceleration and speed are spot on though.

It is time for a german car again :)
I have had alot of fun tuning this car because it makes so much fun to drive... :D It may not be the fastest but it is one of the most exiting ones...

Another german masterpiece, the RUF RGT '00.

rufrgtfinal.jpg

Notes:
Buy every part you can! Otherwise it won't handle that well!

Capable of sub 6:50 on the Nordschleife and is one of the most exiting cars to drive... :)

Tuning: to the max (401kw/1170kg/9912.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: n/a

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 360kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 15/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -25/-25
Springs: 10.5/10.5
Dampers (Ext): 6/6
Dampers (Com): 5/5
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 1.0/1.0
Toe: 0.00/0.00

Brakes: 8/7

Let me know how it suits you ;)

Last edited:
Just gave it a shot on the ring, still losing my grip realy fast here and there..
But that's probably the track or my skill because it handles very well overal.

Just gave it a shot on the ring, still losing my grip realy fast here and there..
But that's probably the track or my skill because it handles very well overal.

Maybe you should put the first LSD setting a bit higher, I feel comfortable with 15 maybe 30 will suit you better :)

Hey tharain.. Why do you never use camber ???

Because in my opinion if you have to use camber/toe there is something wrong with the setup :D And somehow I feel more comfortable and I do get better lap times if I put it to 0...

It doesn't make sense though. While you don't necessarily need to use toe, camber is required for proper tyre contact for anything other than straight lines. That's just basic physics.

It doesn't make sense though. While you don't necessarily need to use toe, camber is required for proper tyre contact for anything other than straight lines. That's just basic physics.

Since I don't tune my cars for a special track I think all settings at 0 is a good starting point ;)

That's what I mean, every track should have negative camber. Unless you're racing on a purely straight line (doesn't exist in GT5). Even road cars have SOME camber due to the squatting from the weight.

That's what I mean, every track should have negative camber. Unless you're racing on a purely straight line (doesn't exist in GT5). Even road cars have SOME camber due to the squatting from the weight.

Ok, didn't know that! :)
Will try it out, thanks for the info.

I tested some setups with and without camber and to be honest a little bit seems to work quite good :)

Thanks again for letting me know :)

What can i say?
This car is a british race modded machine! It's only 885kg with ~420kw and that is why this car handles like a dream to me.
Make sure you buy everything you can and you will be able to push this car around the 6:30 on the Nordschleife :)

Welcome to the Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00.

tuscanspeed6rmfinal.jpg

Notes:
This car is fast and drives very smooth!
Even capable of winning the GT-Allstars on the Nordschleife altough it has "only" ~420kw!

Tuning: to the max (419kw/885kg/113.4km driven) - Test - Center - Results

Aero: 35/60

Transmission: depending on track / max @ 340kmh seems quite good

Torque Split: n/a

LSD: 30/30/30

Suspension:
Height: -18/-18
Springs: 6.5/6.5
Dampers (Ext): 7/7
Dampers (Com): 5/5
Anti-Roll: 6/6

Camber: 1.5/1.5
Toe: 0.00/0.00

Brakes: 8/7

I hope you like it :)

Last edited:
A quick review or more of an overview of the Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00.

The car is very light and you feel it. It handles superb! You can take cornes very smooth and with a decent amount of speed. Like you said this car handles like a dream and its already one of my favorite cars even though I drove it 1 time around the ring. Yes 1 time and I love the car!
It looks good, handles good, accelerates good. Though it has only 5 gears and I would lower the max speed to 350.

My time on the Nordschleife however was 7.07.731 with all aids off except ABS 1. Note that I use a DS3 and I got 2 times of track for a sec or 2. So you must be one hell of a good driver. I'm sure I can push my time up to 6.50 if I drive a few more laps. But damn you must be good mate :D

EDIT: 2nd starting lap was 6.54.553 with the gears lowered to 350kmh. But on the long straight at the end the car didn't reach more than 320 so you could lower it to 340 I think.

Last edited:
Here's a heads-up on the Tuscan set-up. My best at the Ring with standard settings was 6:40.884. With your settings this has improved to 6:33.085. This definitely works. However, the car still tends to "nod" at the front when turning into fast bends and I'm not sure how to dial this out.

Here's a heads-up on the Tuscan set-up. My best at the Ring with standard settings was 6:40.884. With your settings this has improved to 6:33.085. This definitely works. However, the car still tends to "nod" at the front when turning into fast bends and I'm not sure how to dial this out.
Jeez how come I can't do such lap times..

That's a good McLaren F1 set-up. I just posted a 6:20.252 at the Ring. This beats my best in the Zonda R of 6:25.850. Now to try your Zonda set-up :)

Better than that. I've just posted a 6:03.643 with your Zonda R tune! That's my personal best with any car! Thanks mate. My previous best was with the Mazda 787B and that time was 6:08.293. I feel it's definitely possible to get below 6 mins but to be honest I'd need a wheel for that as the DS3 doesn't give me enough precision to place the Zonda on the track. It needs a lot of space because it's so light - it's very easy to "hop" from one side of the track to the other.

If only you'd do a tune for my favourite car, the Calsonic IMPUL GT-R.

Back