Solo's Gallery (UD 6/3) PMT3 R2 rejects, Mustang (criticisms wanted!)

• Thread starter Solo
  • 1,077 comments
Super sets! Great use of the filters and I like your angles and composition in these shots. 👍
Thanks :) since people said they liked the more unusual angles I've been exploring them more in my shots, just trying to keep it a it different

I just love this shot, every time I view this page, I just seem to just stare at this picture in amasement.
Wow thanks matt 👍 I may change my CCCL entry to it but I'm really not sure

Agree with Matt ^ sensational, is that electric orange?
Nice work!!
Wow thank you :) ah no it's acctually chameleon orange (a colour shift paint chip) I like orange cars though since doing my DB9 set earlier on

NascarManiaco99
hey nice shots with the Autobacs!! How do you like the car?

Thanks :) the Autobacs drives really quite well, not the fastest but its only stock no tuning or mods its nice

Thanks :) the Autobacs drives really quite well, not the fastest but its only stock no tuning or mods its nice

I feel it the same way hahaha gonna post some pics of mine on mine gallery

Red Bull Racing Cars/Sponsors
Audi A4 DTM
I really don't like the rendering on this car, it made it rather difficult to get a decent shot with my lack of access to editing software, but here's my attempts

Audi TT DTM
Again this car's rendering, although in my opinion its not as bad as the A4 made it difficult to get a decent picture but here's my attempts

Citroen C4 WRC

X2010

Toyota 2010 Brian Vickers #83 Red Bull TOYOTA CAMRY

Nice job with the Audi standards Soloracer! I like this one the best:

6008657454_73249f0d97.jpg

The colors are great, as is the sense of speed. I probably would have placed the car in the lower left quadrant of the picture though, as it would have stretched the road out and given a different sense of perspective, but that's just a stylistic difference - go with what you like. With a little editing, this photo could really pop. I hope you don't mind, but I did a really quick edit for you for fun (softened the picture, increased the yellow, blue, light cyan, and red in the sky and the car, added soft light to the photo, and increased saturation):

6009394414_6365ab1af7_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you :) and No I don't mind at all :) yeah I see what you mean that edited picture looks sweet. I want to get into a bit of editing but I don't have any software and don't really want to pay out for PhotoShop.

Thank you :) and No I don't mind at all :) yeah I see what you mean that edited picture looks sweet. I want to get into a bit of editing but I don't have any software and don't really want to pay out for PhotoShop.

Download Gimp for free. :)

Great concept and a fantastic set(s) 👍 As Primus said you did a great job with the standards. Gimp is really good, I find a bit fiddly to use (as I'm used to PSP X3) but I sometimes use some of the tools in Gimp that I don't have in PSP X3.

Nato_777
Great concept and a fantastic set(s) 👍 As Primus said you did a great job with the standards. Gimp is really good, I find a bit fiddly to use (as I'm used to PSP X3) but I sometimes use some of the tools in Gimp that I don't have in PSP X3.

Thanks nato :) I downloaded it and tried to start having a go but got a bit confused so tomorrow will look into it in more detail and look at some of the guides on how to use it effectively as I've not used editing software before. Thanks again, I really appreciate your views here and comments as I do everyone's

Nice photos, i have just started editing too. U got photoforge2 for the iPad and that seems to be easy to use. The only thing is you have to take your photos from the ps3 then onto the computer then onto the iPad then back to the computer to upload them here. But hey it only cost $1.99 which is a lit better then the price of photoshop :)

kanicky
Nice photos, i have just started editing too. U got photoforge2 for the iPad and that seems to be easy to use. The only thing is you have to take your photos from the ps3 then onto the computer then onto the iPad then back to the computer to upload them here. But hey it only cost $1.99 which is a lit better then the price of photoshop :)

Thanks :) I have a few editing apps on my iPad 2 but they all seem to lower the image quality I find and also I have gotten the Gimp software nato and primus recommended which I'm going to use. Just got to get used to it

Did Red Bull pay you to make this update? :D

All of them really are well taken, and use the in-game tools very well 👍 The C4 and TT DTM are very good sets :)

Great pictures there. You must really like Red Bull.
thanks :) haha yeah I do although I'm not much of a fan of their F1 team as I don't like Vettel

Did Red Bull pay you to make this update? :D

All of them really are well taken, and use the in-game tools very well 👍 The C4 and TT DTM are very good sets :)
:lol: I wish they did. thank you :)

Edits
These are my first attempts at editing photos using the Gimp software recommended to me by several of you :)

For this I followed Primus' guide to rain, it was very helpful and can be found here in his gallery

This is the base image I used for the rain shot which itself is edited, changing the colour balance and removing the jaggies from picture number 3 in this post

I think the second shot is edited quite nicely.

The rain needs some work though. I feel it looks a bit too heavy and like it's raining only just in front of the camera and nowhere else. If you added some cloud effects (just some low opacity orange/white brush) to the background it would make it look more realistic imo :)

The first one(rain): the motion of the rain usually would be in the direction of the motion blur (unless the car is slow/ rain fast). The motion blur filter in gimp with "zoom" setting enabled will basically do this for this type of picture. (This setting seems to pull towards a point like perspective, you have to set this point), you can set it a touch lower so there is the slight direction of the rain falling as well.
The rain also needs to be less dense based on the depth to the objects behind it.
You also can blend it with a fog type cloudish brushwork as Klaus_PSU said.

Another note, rain doesn't show up when there is no light (dark sky) so it should not be as dense in the picture there either.

I throw this example together:

Ps I've got a couple of different rain layers here, originating from different noise with different "raindrop" scales, could probably very slightly vary the motion blur "position" too.

Second, Nice photo (and concept of bringing that colour)
Reminds me of late night on the highway where there has been installed super bright orange area lights over the areas around an intersection, very close. The relative emptiness and high contrast adds to this feeling too.
Only thing I could say is that maybe it's just a little touch over brown/orange if it was to be real.

Last edited:
I think the second shot is edited quite nicely.

The rain needs some work though. I feel it looks a bit too heavy and like it's raining only just in front of the camera and nowhere else. If you added some cloud effects (just some low opacity orange/white brush) to the background it would make it look more realistic imo :)
Thanks :) yes I agree with you there it is a bit heavy, I will try that addition of clouds in my next rain attempt. Thank you for the constructive criticism 👍 it's really helpful.

R.S
The first one(rain): the motion of the rain usually would be in the direction of the motion blur (unless the car is slow/ rain fast). The motion blur filter in gimp with "zoom" setting enabled will basically do this for this type of picture. (This setting seems to pull towards a point like perspective, you have to set this point), you can set it a touch lower so there is the slight direction of the rain falling as well.
The rain also needs to be less dense based on the depth to the objects behind it.
You also can blend it with a fog type cloudish brushwork as Klaus_PSU said.

Another note, rain doesn't show up when there is no light (dark sky) so it should not be as dense in the picture there either.

I throw this example together:

Ps I've got a couple of different rain layers here, originating from different noise with different "raindrop" scales, could probably very slightly vary the motion blur "position" too.

Second, Nice photo (and concept of bringing that colour)
Reminds me of late night on the highway where there has been installed super bright orange area lights over the areas around an intersection, very close. The relative emptiness and high contrast adds to this feeling too.
Only thing I could say is that maybe it's just a little touch over brown/orange if it was to be real.

Thank you for showing me a bit more what I should do :) all you guys helping me and giving me tips will really help 👍
I shall try these things in my next attempt at a rain edit, your tips are very true and I hadn't factored those in to my first attempt but will for sure from now on 👍 thank you, yes i much prefer the second shot also and agree with the effect it gives. Okay I shall try less orange next time also 👍 thanks

ZR-1

edited:

For this I adjusted the colour balance and saturation along with sharpening the image, I tried not to use too much orange. What do you think?

Very good set, #2 is my favourite. I wonder it the colour of the ZR1 is a tad under-saturated, if Gimp lets you, you could use "Selective-colour" to adjust the green balance.

rpanico14
Very good set, #2 is my favourite. I wonder it the colour of the ZR1 is a tad under-saturated, if Gimp lets you, you could use "Selective-colour" to adjust the green balance.

Thanks :) hmm yeah it could be, I see where you are coming from. I had a look in Gimp and there is a selective colour adjusted however it didn't seem to make much of a difference to the green balance unless I'm just not noticing it

Very good set, #2 is my favourite.
+1

I had a look in Gimp and there is a selective colour adjusted however it didn't seem to make much of a difference to the green balance unless I'm just not noticing it
Here's a simple method to push the green, if it's not enough you can apply it again. The overlap helps to soften the edges between the different hues.
The front of the car and above the wheel arch is not getting saturated because it's more like cyan-which is also the sky colour, I adjusted that to around +50.
In the end it might be best to duplicate the layer, adjust the overall colour with the paint in mind, then mask off everything else.

PS I also bumped up the red here.

Great stuff Soloracer - it's good to see you're getting into a bit of editing and so far so good and R.S giving you quality tips like those above you'll be fast on your way to footing it with the best. :)

Love that car, I'm a fan of number 8.
Makes me want to take photos of mine now :)

R.S
+1

Here's a simple method to push the green, if it's not enough you can apply it again. The overlap helps to soften the edges between the different hues.
The front of the car and above the wheel arch is not getting saturated because it's more like cyan-which is also the sky colour, I adjusted that to around +50.
In the end it might be best to duplicate the layer, adjust the overall colour with the paint in mind, then mask off everything else.

PS I also bumped up the red here.
Thanks R.S I really appreciate the tips you are giving me, they are really helpful :) I've not found how to mask yet but I am finding out more and more about the different tools in Gimp.

Great stuff Soloracer - it's good to see you're getting into a bit of editing and so far so good and R.S giving you quality tips like those above you'll be fast on your way to footing it with the best. :)

thanks Nato, yes the tips are really helpful although I don't think I will be getting up with the best on here any time soon they are just too good

Latest Posts

Back