3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New3D3logoFullsize-2.png

Presents...
EDK Goes to Laguna Online

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1.jpg

Disclaimer: This is *NOT* an official GTPlanet or WRS sanctioned event and members are not obligated to take part.

Event Summary

Title: EDK Goes to Laguna Online
Event: Online adaptation of the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 40 Event: EDK Goes to Laguna
Date: Wednesday November 23

North American Race
  • Practice: 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 2:00 AM)
  • Qualification: 7:00 PM Pacific / 10:00 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 3:00 AM)
  • Race Start: 7:15 PM Pacific / 10:15 PM Eastern / (GMT = Nov 10 @ 3:15 AM)
  • Race End: After 40 laps. ~60 minutes.
European Race
  • Practice: 11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM GMT
  • Qualification: 12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM GMT
  • Race Start: 12:15 PM Pacific / 3:15 PM Eastern / 8:15 PM GMT
  • Race End: After 40 laps. ~60 minutes.

Driver's Meeting/Notes links:

Eligibility for this 3D3 event will include GTP_Registered members plus referred drivers. A registry member can make a referral for this event by simply including other drivers PSN IDs with their own registration request in this thread. To guarantee eligibility for all 3D3 events run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join the registry now!

Registration
  1. Reply to this thread and include in the text of the message your GTP_ PSN ID, the title of this event and which event (EU, NA or Both). To sign up (refer) a driver not on the GTP_Registry, a registered driver should include the PSN ID of the non registered driver(s) in their post.
  2. Send a PSN friend request to GTP_WRP001 and GTP_Hydro with subject line "3D3 Racing" if you haven't already done so. Any referred driver(s) will also need to submit a friend request.
There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers list below for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please send a PM to one of the 3D3 racing stewards or post in the thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver.

Lounge Settings
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard. Race stewards will be mic'd for the event. If you have mic or keyboard you can use it.
Track/Car
  • Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Car: Standard > Toyota > Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00
Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 315 HP (Stock Car, no power upgrades)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Turbo and Supercharger: N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Weight: 1125 KG MIN (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional).
  • Transmission: Fully Customized Allowed
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 40
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Single Stint Online Quali - 15min Link to quali explanation from AsparaWhat? Online
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Grip Reduction: Low
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On [be aware of cold tires at start or first lap out of pits]
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).
Regulation Settings
  • Car Restriction: Unrestricted (see vehicle specifics listed above)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 315 HP
  • Weight: 1125 KG MIN
  • Tire Restrictions: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Off
  • AS | ASM | Driving Line | TCS: Optional
Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specific all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • Please read, and familiarize yourself with the track boundary guidelines specified in the original WRS event.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.
If for some reason you are unable to finish the race and need to stop:
  • Pull the car over off the track next to a wall and as far from the driving line as possible
  • Press the E-Brake
  • Then press Start
  • This will ghost your car and it won't allow it to interfere with the other drivers.
Overall winner will be sent a prize (to be announced at race time).

Good Luck,

3D3 Racing
:
GTP_WRP001
GTP_Hydro
GTP_Gravitron​

DriverRegistration.jpg

First names listed, where we've been given permission

NA Drivers Grid
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL ..........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Dom
  2. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  3. us.gif
    GTP_EDK ..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Kevin
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Marc
  5. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Tim
  6. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas
  7. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright ..
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lefty
  8. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Blair
  9. us.gif
    GTP_RaceRyder ....
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Dale
  10. ca.gif
    GTP_Allibubba99 ..
    badge_division_4.png
    ... Al
  11. us.gif
    DragonGT83 .......
    badge_division_0.png

EU Drivers Grid
  1. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86 .....
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Pekka
  2. nl.gif
    GTP_w-g-e ........
    badge_division_1.png
    ... Wes
  3. ph.gif
    GTP_Masicampo ....
    badge_division_1.png
  4. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543 ...
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Christophe
  5. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro (Host) .
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Marc
  6. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001 .......
    badge_division_2.png
    ... Tim
  7. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron ....
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Lucas
  8. uk.gif
    GTP_Owen .........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Owen
  9. nl.gif
    GTP_Don ..........
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Don
  10. uk.gif
    GTP_hasslemoff ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Paul
  11. au.gif
    GTP_ealirendur ...
    badge_division_3.png
    ... Ren
  12. us.gif
    DragonGT83 .......
    badge_division_0.png

RaceResults.jpg

NA Race Results
3D3_20111123_Event11_Results_NA.png

EU Race Results
3D3_20111123_Event11_Results_EU.png

RaceHighlights.jpg

Video Highlights
NA Race

EU Race

Live Leaderboards
NA Race

EU Race

Pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video Speedy, I had a good little battle at the beginning.

Can you sign me up for EU please :)

Thanks for the video Speedy, I had a good little battle at the beginning.

Can you sign me up for EU please :)

Done. 👍 Will be a pleasure to race with you, we're so close on the leaderboard right now. I'm pretty sure I know a couple spots to shave time from still, though. :mischievous:

Thanks for the awesome video, Speedy! :cheers:

Oh good, I see I have a subscription now. No need for me to say I'm in for both events next week. :sly:
You guys are starting to know me too well. :lol:

EDIT: Come to think of it, I did mention it to Marc in the race last night (this morning).

Thanks guys. Making the vids is a pleasure.
Working on the NA one now. ;)

I think the replay just makes an easy graphic of it (fixed open), instead of a wobbly hood and trunk.
I didn't see these things during the race. Just the wobbly stuff.

How did some of you guys end up with the trunk and hood open? I saw Hydro with a door missing and thought that was the worst it could get :lol:

Was it possible to drive in cockpit view?

In the EU race I was basically at the back sweeping the road clean and I saw lots of stuff lying around the road including doors and trunks. Seriously! :lol:

In the EU race I was basically at the back sweeping the road clean and I saw lots of stuff lying around the road including doors and trunks. Seriously! :lol:

It was funny watching the video seeing peoples boots doors and bonnets wide open :lol:

Edit: Maybe all the objects you saw were peoples souvenirs flying out the boot from there roman holiday :sly:

It was funny watching the video seeing peoples boots doors and bonnets wide open :lol:

Probably Speedy and Hydro trying to draw attention to themselves. They are so bad... first it's just the windshield wipers going all race long and now they resort to this. What's next? :sly:

Done. 👍 Will be a pleasure to race with you, we're so close on the leaderboard right now. I'm pretty sure I know a couple spots to shave time from still, though. :mischievous:

Yeah I noticed you shot up in front of me after that sneaky practice session in the NA lounge ;). I've submitted those splits but will probably have time for more running on Sunday and Monday night, I wouldn't want to give away too much now :P.

with the thanksgiving holiday here next week i'll have the latter half of the week off, so if theres a spot in both races I'll be able to make it:tup: super gts can't wait, some of my favorite race cars next to LMPs and F1s.

Probably Speedy and Hydro trying to draw attention to themselves. They are so bad... first it's just the windshield wipers going all race long and now they resort to this. What's next? :sly:

:lol::lol::lol:
I'm starting to try and use my flashlights in race. Forgot to do that in the one we just did, but if you see one in next weeks races... ;)

BTW: Tim, I'm trying something to identify the drivers a bit in the vids I'm making of the 3D3 races. If you see something pop up in dropbox be sure to check it out and let me know what you think of it.

Sign me up for the NA race at Laguna guys. I don't want to miss this one.:)

:lol::lol::lol:
I'm starting to try and use my flashlights in race. Forgot to do that in the one we just did, but if you see one in next weeks races... ;)

BTW: Tim, I'm trying something to identify the drivers a bit in the vids I'm making of the 3D3 races. If you see something pop up in dropbox be sure to check it out and let me know what you think of it.

Very cool, just watched 👍
Man that must take time :)

If you want to use the Driver tags, just let me know and I can set them up in the format you need. (size / style, etc)

Too bad the EU formation lap isn't in the vid, I laughed hard seeing Wes going straight up against the wall before the long left turn :lol:
Didn't know what happened there.

Too bad the EU formation lap isn't in the vid, I laughed hard seeing Wes going straight up against the wall before the long left turn :lol:

He may have been under pressure :sly: even though it was the formation lap :lol:

He may have been under pressure :sly: even though it was the formation lap :lol:

Maybe some sort of network glitch again...the same thing happened to Lucas in the NA race. Unfortunatly for him, the race was already on. :ouch:

Anywho, finished the NA vid already (with an extra touch)
The Compilation of The NA Race

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought it looked pretty funny myself too.:dopey:
Lost my wheel input as I often do.:indiff:

Yeah, I thought it looked pretty funny myself too.:dopey:
Lost my wheel input as I often do.:indiff:

Wes, are you using a USB cable extension or a USB hub for your wheel connection? Used to happen to me and I had to remove those "middle men" and plug the wheel directly into the PS3. The USB hub works fine for other devices including mic, keyboard and recharging DS3, but the wheel just needs constant and uninterrupted channel to the ps3 so not a good idea for that input device to have anything between it and the PS3.

@Speedy... great video work as always. 👍

Great Vid Speedy.
You keep setting the standard higher!
The leaderboard is a great addition 👍

Wes, are you using a USB cable extension or a USB hub for your wheel connection? Used to happen to me and I had to remove those "middle men" and plug the wheel directly into the PS3. The USB hub works fine for other devices including mic, keyboard and recharging DS3, but the wheel just needs constant and uninterrupted channel to the ps3 so not a good idea for that input device to have anything between it and the PS3.

@Speedy... great video work as always. 👍
No, I'm just using the regular USB cable. I may be able to explain one issue and that's when the wheel input suddenly 'switches' to DS3 input and then I can hear and see the DS3 rumbling. But I have driven without 'turning on' the DS3 and I still get problems with the wheel input.

I have a special request for assistance from the 3D3 Registry drivers and/or any interested WRS drivers. Note: Volunteering to help would also be something that will be fun for participants as well.

GTP_Hydro (Marc) and I are taking part (and in fact have organized via 3D3 Racing) a challenge event on GTPlanet called GTP Inter-League SuperGT GT500 Challenge that's going to take place on December 3, 2011. See the thread for details, but it's getting a lot of interest.

I don't want to hijack this thread and it's focus so I've started a new thread in the interest checks forum which will focus on our preparation events to which YOU are invited. Please see the other thread for details and if you are interested post/subscribe to that thread.

Thanks!

The vids keep getting better and better, Christophe! 👍
Amazing work! :cheers:

Going to add Blair, Dragon, and Al to the list for next week...

Last edited:
Pekka, Wes and myself are practicing in my lobby at Laguna.
Feel free to join

Pekka, Wes and myself are practicing in my lobby at Laguna.
Feel free to join

What kind of online lap times were you guys running? I ran a 1'27.9XX as my best tonight in a short practice session with Dragon, Ealirendur and Allibubba. I was losing tons on the 3rd sector. My line is weak through there.

No, I'm just using the regular USB cable. I may be able to explain one issue and that's when the wheel input suddenly 'switches' to DS3 input and then I can hear and see the DS3 rumbling. But I have driven without 'turning on' the DS3 and I still get problems with the wheel input.

It could be a faulty wheel of course, but check everything about the USB connection you can. Loose connection on either end. Crimp in the cable somewhere. Try a different USB port on the PS3. I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the DS3. The PS3 is just losing contact with the wheel. When it happened to me all feedback was lost from the wheel... it went limp completely... and it would return shortly when communication was restored and work again, but sometimes it would come back off center until it re-calibrated. If that sounds like your symptoms it's the usb connection or something faulty related to the communication between the input device and your PS3. I was on the phone with Thrustmaster describing the problem and they wouldn't talk about anything else and they turned out to be right.

Funny thing was the first time it happened was when I landed a "big" jump on Cape Ring with a Lambo. It felt like it really broke the steering column in the car which i thought was part of the sophisticated feedback of GT5/T500RS, but it was really the vibration created by the feedback from the "hit" knocking the usb connection loose between the extension cable I was using and the normal cable attached to the wheel. I was on the phone telling Thrustmaster that Cape Ring broke my wheel. :lol: (Well I exaggerate a little :dunce:)

Last edited:
What kind of online lap times were you guys running? I ran a 1'27.9XX as my best tonight in a short practice session with Dragon, Ealirendur and Allibubba. I was losing tons on the 3rd sector. My line is weak through there.

did a few more laps after you left, i'm doing 1.27.61x

did a few more laps after you left, i'm doing 1.27.61x

My best with a full fueltank was 27.4xx.
3/4 of a fueltank and I made one .090

I think Wes was the one who did an 26.2 :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back