Some hidden/reserved GT5 tickets

• Thread starter sorg
  • 1,729 comments
Tried to apply paint to some non-paintable cars. Results are mixed.

1) Chrome Line cars, Stealth models, X2010 Prototype, X2010 Colored - nothing changed in appearance.
2) Camaro SS "Edge Special" - car turned to completely white regardless of color i choose.
3) Cuda 440 - sides become painted, but hood and some other parts become white.
4) FTO Super Touring Car and RX-7 LM Race Car - successfully painted. All stickers remain intact, but cars changed their race numbers. For example painted RX-7 No.202 become No.37. FTO also changed its number (i don't remember which one).
5) Camaro SS'69 - become fully painted, lost the stripes.

Great discoveries.

sorg, what about the stock wheels... there was some point where painting wheels on some stock premium cars, was possible... can you verify if there's an id or anything related to "wheel paintability"?

Formula Gran Turismo looks fun after painting. Only central part painted.

no matter which version of FGT i paint, it will become the same as on picture (i mean wings, stickers and other parts not painted in chosen color).

I think, in files of GT5 every car has base livery. Other liveries/colors are just applied on top of base. So, if GT5 sees paint applied then it always chooses base color/livery and then applies custom color. That's the only explanation i can imagine.

Couldn't understand fully about wheel painting... I've tried to paint non-paintable wheels. Although i've painted in gold chrome, wheels become shining like chrome (from mate silver) but color is silver, not gold.

sorg, can you post screen of the secret menu for seasonal events?

It's not for seasonal event. This menu is for arcade mode. You can setup specific cars for opponents to make it behave like seasonal event.

Last edited:
and then? why it's so important to you?

Just saying, as the fact you've posted the screenshots and me checking the GT5 times on the screens compared to the current time is also 100% proof for ANYONE who still doubts what ya doing is fake that it is real.

Loving that FGT, was wondering, this "limiting of opponents", is this meaning say you could import a car into arcade mode (for example the Ford GT '06), and then I could pick that as an AI? Or would the AI's just be determined randomly from the list of cars?

(Apologies if I have wrong end of the stick, but anyway, great work Sorg 👍)

cars will be chosen randomly from list of favorite cars (50 max, iirc). You can choose full random, or PP range based on your PP (but i didn't understand is this range to lower PP or higher, or mixed). You may choose if opponent cars will be from predefined list or any possible.
Cars of opponents will be stock. Not sure about tires because there is no choice of it for opponents.
You also can make predefined list of cars for yourself. They will be stock. You will be able to change only wheels (no other tunings). But if you will import car from your garage (as usual for arcade mode), then you can apply any upgrade.

Just let that one go guys.
If he continues in the same manner I assure you there are several 'old ass' mods that are more than capable of dealing with him.

LOL! Fore some reason 'Old ass' reminds me of this:

original

cars will be chosen randomly from list of favorite cars (50 max, iirc). You can choose full random, or PP range based on your PP (but i didn't understand is this range to lower PP or higher, or mixed). You may choose if opponent cars will be from predefined list or any possible.
Cars of opponents will be stock. Not sure about tires because there is no choice of it for opponents.
You also can make predefined list of cars for yourself. They will be stock. You will be able to change only wheels (no other tunings). But if you will import car from your garage (as usual for arcade mode), then you can apply any upgrade.

try painting an x1!

sometimes it's good to read more than last post.

I saw you paint the FOrmula GT but just woundering what the x1 would look like in chrome :) You don't need to but ya know.

Are there any options for the number of cars participating in a race? For example more than 16 cars!?

Might be a stupid question ... but is that a hidden menu like in GT5P, which everybody could access by entering this button combo? Or is this menu hidden from everybody who is playing on a "normal" PS3?

I saw you paint the FOrmula GT but just woundering what the x1 would look like in chrome :) You don't need to but ya know.

Are there any options for the number of cars participating in a race? For example more than 16 cars!?

Try reading all of his posts.

Tried to apply paint to some non-paintable cars. Results are mixed.

1) Chrome Line cars, Stealth models, X2010 Prototype, X2010 Colored - nothing changed in appearance.

usuhaia08
Man we need this for Spec III

Why did not they include this in first place only PD knows...

It was in GT5P as well
I'm guessing its for use when the game is used as a demo in stores or public events
But they should really let us use this
Only problem is that that menu let's you get any car in the game if I remember correctly...

so with this secret menu, it is actually possible to create "championships" within arcade mode?
This is truely awesome and i wonder if this will ever be realeased

so with this secret menu, it is actually possible to create "championships" within arcade mode?
This is truely awesome and i wonder if this will ever be realeased

i'm not familiar with arcade mode. Secret menu doesn't add anything special for championships.

It was in GT5P as well
I'm guessing its for use when the game is used as a demo in stores or public events
But they should really let us use this
Only problem is that that menu let's you get any car in the game if I remember correctly...

Yep, secret options look like targeted for demo mode to play in shops.
And yes, you can unlock any car to play in arcade mode. Including vaucher cars: Stealth, Chrome Line, GameStop, Edge

i'm not familiar with arcade mode. Secret menu doesn't add anything special for championships.

oh. wait i might have read something wrong, let me look at it again

and what i meant about championships was that by what you said by picking select cars and tracks for a race, you can copy how championship races are in career mode by having the same cars in each race you choose

Wonder if Kaz knows about this lol? Not that it would matter, just wondering what his response would be if he found out someone got into the game and is posting screen shots of a secret menu..

Has anyone linked this thread to his twitter? It would be very interesting to see if he would respond to it. Perhaps he would just let the cat out of the bag a give us spec III.

My friend is currently working on doing the same thing Sorg is. Once we get it figured out i'm going to personally look at these things myself and i will report my findings also.

sorg

Yep, secret options look like targeted for demo mode to play in shops.
And yes, you can unlock any car to play in arcade mode. Including vaucher cars: Stealth, Chrome Line, GameStop, Edge

Just out of curiosity, Is this menu unlocked in the same way as it was in Prologue? In there you pressed buttons on PS3 controller in a certain order while you were in the options to activate it

Or is it by other means?

Back