Some hidden/reserved GT5 tickets

• Thread starter sorg
  • 1,729 comments
Wow, not sure how that happened but I only meant to quote Ridox, not the other two people.

@Simon: I think its just a matter of collecting them in green ticket form.

I am guessing PD will make all GT Academy cars available for gifting, so there won't be glitch ticket anymore, or they do another update to fix the glitch ( loophole ) and do their usual secret fixes/changes.

Can you edit circuits/photo travel locations?

untitled-1k6u7e.jpg

???

Why are they being traded anyway? Didn't everyone already get them? Or is it the usual story of traders preferring to do that rather than actually play the game, or the Academy in this case?

Some countries weren't allowed to participate. Hell, some countries don't even get the PS Store :ill:.

Some people actually couldn't gold the tests :crazy:.

Some people didn't have a PS when the Academy was running :dunce:.

Some people like green tickets, like me :sly:.

What am I looking at?? ^^

Good question :lol:.

As long as it's only the free academy cars I doubt they will care too much, nobody is out of pocket.

Why are they being traded anyway? Didn't everyone already get them? Or is it the usual story of traders preferring to do that rather than actually play the game, or the Academy in this case?

As to the last part!

Most "traders" I know, won these( myself included), we just trade them because we enjoy trading. It has nothing to do with "not wanting to play the game". I played the game(and finished A-spec years ago, thanks:sly:).

Now we trade to stay busy and give back.👍 My story at least.:)

And regardless of the innuendo here which seems to give some a thrill, sorg has nothing to do with these tickets. He has stated quite categorically that he will not be putting any discoveries out there in hard form, and I see no reason to disbelieve him. And has been confirmed by at least one other poster who knows him.

Can you edit circuits/photo travel locations?

untitled-1k6u7e.jpg

???

That is I presume, a photo mode glitch where, the camera can go through objects, like cars, so we can take interior shots, sometimes it can make some funny things happen. Like cars going up side down, go over the boundaries, sunk into the surface :lol:

And regardless of the innuendo here which seems to give some a thrill, sorg has nothing to do with these tickets. He has stated quite categorically that he will not be putting any discoveries out there in hard form, and I see no reason to disbelieve him. And has been confirmed by at least one other poster who knows him.

No one here is saying that he does have anything to do with it. Matter of fact, if you go back and read my post about that, I even said that I believe he doesn't have anything to do with it. What I said was, it is quite coincidental. Meaning, he starts digging and finds stuff, so evidentally someone else does the same but hacks and distributes some tickets in order to top his discoveries or to show off what they have hacked. Just a theory. No innuendo here meant to give me a thrill as I know your post is probably directed at me.

The tire patches were fixing something that was broken, something that was detracting from the game. Same story with standard car wheels. The game was broken in those areas, and the patches fixed it. The brake update is different, it adds an entirely new aspect to the game. I would love to see something to freshen GT5 after such a long time-- if and only if it was implemented correctly.

PD has had a tendency with this game to release half-arsed attempts of features that are crucial to the game, example being the non-adjustable Fully Custom Transmission ratios. This late in the game, especially now that they are focusing on GT6, I have a sinking feeling that if the brakes were to be implemented, they'd be implemented in a way that would alienate players.

Hypothetically, let's say that the brake upgrades don't affect PP, like suspension, gearboxes, LSD and RS tires. In a PP based racing series, players could afford to choose a car that doesn't corner well, but is fastest in a straight line by slapping on some lovely carbon-ceramics. In races like this, I find myself being able to reel in cars like that by using a braking advantage of a smaller car. With fancy new brakes, that big, heavy car will stop just as fine as the smaller car. I guess the solution would be to also upgrade the brakes on the small car too! But then brakes become similar to RS tires, an insta-win safety net.

I have found that the most dedicated GT players, (the ones that I see online playing GT versus the new CoD or whatever new fad,) dislike things that make the game incredibly easy, like RS tires. (This is the reason I put the section dedicated to "hardcore" players.)

In short, I would enjoy a new aspect to the game such as brake upgrades (after all it is important in real motorsport,) but I just don't trust PD not to 🤬 it up, and accidentally create a new insta-win device. On top of all that, why in the world would PD all of a sudden decide to change up the game in a major way and finally implement something that's been on the disc since launch?

PS: I like this discussion.

"Broken" is the wrong word for a few of those situations. For example, the fact that you can't change the wheels on the standard doesn't equal a broken game. I could still select and drive the cars, albeit they were missing a feature. With the brakes I believe it was a choice by PDI not to include the brake upgrades. I am not sure of the exact reason though.

I also don't believe "half arsed" is a fair description either. If anything, one could say that PDI has made some interesting choices in regards to some of the missing features. But you know something? It's part of what makes GT5 a GT game. Great, yet puzzling all the same. It's why I have to laugh sometimes when people seem so upset and wronged over what GT5 is.

No one in their right mind can expect a perfect game anymore, especially in the days of annual releases and internet connections. You (or anyone) may not like this fact but unfortunately it's par for the course.

I think anyone who plays GT5 (or any racing simulator type) is already hardcore to a degree. Now while GT5 is sitting at 9 million copies sold (which is a major exception), I believe the vast majority of players have come to grips with what driving a GT5 style game is all about. It isn't Most Wanted afterall.

Based on my limited knowledge of motorsports and using the 'Ring 24 HR race as my example, tires are not included in a car class system. You can read how Kaz's team switched tire compounds throughout the race and Kaz's car didn't mysteriously move up to another class. I believe this aspect of GT5 is correct. With that said, certain elements that reduce the weight of the vehicle should change the Performance Points however.

Sometimes it's hard to predict where your actions will lead to.

I think i wouldn't start this topic if i would predict such resonance.. Now, seeing these GTA cars being traded i feel only frustration. No, not because someone can get these cars, but because it may make PD angry. And me is the first person who blame to :(

Actually, i didn't many extraordinary things to discover GT5 secrets. Hacking scene already has tools to dig into at least saves for a while. And it's only matter of time when someone will do the same as me.

I hope PD will take it into good direction. We all see these secrets are very desirable by many GT5 fans. So, may be PD will open it finally. This will make second life of GT5. It's not a secret that currently GT5 is in stagnation. If you are not addicted to online races, then GT5 become boring... Only rare seasonals and trading (with all current limitations it's not so attractive, actually) keep GT5 alive. So, secrets opened officially could give some boosts to GT5 community without much effort from PD side.

Hope so...

Sometimes it's hard to predict where your actions will lead to.

I think i wouldn't start this topic if i would predict such resonance.. Now, seeing these GTA cars being traded i feel only frustration. No, not because someone can get these cars, but because it may make PD angry. And me is the first person who blame to :(

Actually, i didn't many extraordinary things to discover GT5 secrets. Hacking scene already has tools to dig into at least saves for a while. And it's only matter of time when someone will do the same as me.

I hope PD will take it into good direction. We all see these secrets are very desirable by many GT5 fans. So, may be PD will open it finally. This will make second life of GT5. It's not a secret that currently GT5 is in stagnation. If you are not addicted to online races, then GT5 become boring... Only rare seasonals and trading (with all current limitations it's not so attractive, actually) keep GT5 alive. So, secrets opened officially could give some boosts to GT5 community without much effort from PD side.

Hope so...

I think it's likely that those tickets being traded was inevitable anyways, it just happened to occur within a timeframe close to your work.

It would be nice f the stuff you're doing did encourage PD to add to what is essentially a very small game in terms of the amount of gameplay which comes with the disc.

I've enjoyed your work anyways. 👍

No one in their right mind can expect a perfect game anymore, especially in the days of annual releases and internet connections. You (or anyone) may not like this fact but unfortunately it's par for the course.

This, I hate the fact that games can release updates now. 10 years ago, we went and bought a game, and that was the finished article. Warts and all.

Now, we buy a half finished game, like it or not, that's how it is. I'm not talking about GT5, I'm talking about ALL games nowadays.

Company's can push products out even though they are pretty far off finished. I can think of 2 MASSIVE company's who do this, one of which does it annually.

But, it is something we have to put up with, and with the introduction of cloud based servers, I believe that this "problem" (in my sense of the word), is only going to get worse.

We won't have a hard media, they will be HDD, and the updates won't be needed by our consoles, they will be done without our knowing it. So the option to release a update without us knowing it, to fix problems that are not immediately visible will be tenfold.

Don't get me wrong, i'm exited for the next gen, which I believe will be available by this time next year. I just don't have confidence in the developers giving us a properly finished product on the day of release.

I know nearly everyone has Internet access now, but what about the people who don't?

They are buying a unfinished product. I know PD release Spec updated disks, but they are the only people. If you don't have a Internet connection, even your console isn't finished when you buy it.

Now you might argue that what you buy is finished, and everything else is just an extra, but it's really not. If I spend £300 on a console, and so does my freind, I expect the same product. Internet or not.

Quite a while ago, Sony released an update, that enabled the PS3 to play 3d Blueray DVD's. Why should I have that capability and someone who spent the same money a month later not?

It's all about productivity, not laziness. They want to push products on the public before they are ready. Some company's take it to extremes, but I would rather PD took another year, and give us everything they wanted to, than Sony push a game that wasn't finished.

Sorry for the rant.

I would say that the biggest patch that the game has had in terms of forcing users to adjust to would probably be the latest one, where they gave online physics more or less parity with offline physics. And that is a huge change, yes. Bigger than basically any other change thus far in terms of needing to readjust to. None of the other ones, be it the suspension model changes, the tire wear changes or the aerodynamic changes are quite that major.
But all of that would still pale in comparison to what would happen if they added the braking upgrades and the requisite physics changes to make them actually do something. Since GT5 came out, it wasn't an issue that they weren't there, since GT5 didn't measure brake fade so they wouldn't have done anything. I've even maintained since day one that, despite people claiming that PD "dumbed down" the tuning or whatever, that removing brake upgrades when the effects aren't modeled was the correct decision.

But if PD adds brake fade, it would be a major undertaking. Regardless of what terminology you would like to use, all of the major physics changes thus far have been building off of or modifying the base that was already there. For the brakes, though, they would likely need to come up with a brake fade system from scratch. To do that, if they wanted to do it right, they would need to cross check the brake system on every car in the game (since some brake systems and materials fade less than others). They would need to completely redo how the ABS currently functions. They would need to implement realistic default brake balance settings for every car. They would need to make the game keep track of each variable for each car in the game. Huge amounts of work, for what would be (this far past release) little gain in terms of appreciation (and considering it would change everything about how people drive, certainly no small amount of ire).

Is it possible? I suppose. The online/offline thing was huge and way out of left field. Is it likely? Not in the slightest, I don't think. Unless they have done all the legwork already (which I doubt, because we would have seen something supporting it, if nothing more than more realistic ABS), there is too much in the way of diminishing returns.

All of the information sorg has revealed so far in one post. Unfortunately some images have gone missing.

Please read this WHOLE collection of posts before asking anything in future.

Some tickets has been made in GT5 but never shown in wild.

These tickets include:

39 Car Manufacturer tickets (not all manufacturers have ticket)
Concept Car
Rally (not the one of those 3 known already)
Introductory Gift Car Ticket (should be the same as level 0)
D1 GRAND PRIX
JGTC & SUPER GT
Le Mans 24h

Interesting, GT5 has FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles) manufacturer ticket, but gives nothing from it. Probably they just renamed it to Ford(AU), but forgot about ticket.
Also there is Level 40 ticket, but it also gives nothing.

Probably, there are many other secrets buried in GT5 files.

P.S.: I'm not going to give/send these discoverer cars and tickets. I'm not a developer of GT5 and cannot decide what to do with this. I just hope PD will start to give it to us either for free or through DLC.

only one not published car i've found so far is "Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color"
Origanally i've thought it's the one X2010 used in Japanese competition, but it's not. This one looks like identical to normal X2010, but with different livery, while the one in competition has some changes in construction.

According to IDs of cars, there are many IDs skipped. For example C7 prototype has ID 1805, while amount of cars in GT5 is 1108 (if i count correct). Alas, it doesn't mean skipped IDs has cars. Probably, PD has all cars with missed ID in their lab, but i'm sure at 90% there are no files in game. Some cars have codename pointing out there is premium version of those cars or at least planned, but not released yet. For example standard version of XJR9 has suffix "_std" and later we've got premium of this car and new codename has the same codename but without _std suffix. Codenames are unique for each car, so, to distinguish between models PD has added this suffix, but standard version of this car appeared first. Some standard versions of existing premium cars appeared later. They all have _std suffix.
Another car with _std suffix without premium model is Nissan R92CP. So, at least PD has/had plans to release premium version of this car. Hint for future DLC. Alas, no other standard-only cars have such suffix. So, no more predicts.

As for rims - i have no idea. I didn't decrypt all files yet. Every car has binary chunk where all tunings, paintings, wearing, mileage and other characteristics are stored. I don't know if it's possible to hack it or not.

Another interesting thing: first DLC has many cars with "TC". Codenames of these cars have suffix "_rm". The same suffix as for "Race Modified" cars we had originally. So, basically PD just made RM version of existing cars (added wing and spoilers, livery), but for selling policy didn't named then as RM, but TC.
Many things look like all DLC had been made together with game release, just may be polished later and released to get more money ;) I don't think PD works really hard on GT5 after release. May be they are spending most resources on GT6.

Some people are asking to release or provide info about hacks. It would be fun for short time, but it will definitely kill GT5 community. At least it will kill trading forum instantly because u can get all cars(even from DLC without having to pay for it) and all items. It may harm PD because of lost sales of DLC. At last it may kill motivation to reach level 40/40 and decrease game popularity. As a consequence, Sony/PD will start to ban people with hack. It may even harm people without hacks but using some glitches which should be fine right now, but will be disaster later.
That's why i'm not going to release my hacks as soon as GT5 is in full support from PD and has online/season events.
These hacks would be good to release when GT6 will be released and GT5 will be obsolete/not important for publisher. Unfortunately, GT5 is too much depend on online (even for features not depend on online originally) and may become hardly playable without ability to get many interesting cars. That time hack will be useful and reasonable.
Recently I wanted to play GT5 Prologue (GT5 is getting bored with seasonals i pass within hour), and i wanted to get Spec III. But i've found it's impossible to get it now :( So, it looks like GT5P lost in the past... I wish i were interested in GT5P some time ago and download all updates when it was alive. I always thought i can come to GT5P anytime (i don't need online), but i was wrong. I hope GT5 won't have the same destiny.

Amount of trading items/cars are limited on server side. You cannot bypass it unless you trick PS3 to change PSNID(should be not possible unless GT5 sends it separately, not take from PSN) and ConsoleID (i think it's possible, but didn't hear about it) with every login. You can note some delay after you press ok on send dialogue and message about trading limit.
Banned cars from trading is also comes from server side. Do you remember PD gave several days (right after introducing trade limit of cars >=1mil) when it was possible and then blocked again without any update?
Originally i thought that 1mil limit is still on PS3 side because i was able to trick PS3 to send non-tradeable cars, but it turned out there are 2 limits in action. 1mil limit is not really 1mil, but list of banned cars on server side (PD can ban any single car they want regardless 1mil limit). Additionally, PS3 has gift prohibit flags on some cars (like GT Academy, DLC) and DLC items. This PS3-side trade limit can be patched out. But keep in mind, DLC cars will appear with exclamation sign on received PS3 without DLC. You won't be able to use these cars after restart of GT5. Same as NASCAR with "fantasy" GameStop livery - you can get it from ticket 2010 and play. But after restart GT5 you won't be able to use it. GT5 with version below 2.0(i guess, lazy to check exact version) simply removes all invalid DLC/Voucher cars from garage, while after 2.0 update it just set "invalid" flag upon start. Car is still in garage and you can see it, but you can't use it.

I have limited access to car's data, so i'm not sure if there is more hidden standard cars which originally was as premium in GT5 on PS3. I need to find the list of GT5 PSP cars and then i will be able to check if standard version of those cars are currently present in PS3. Can you tell me some of PSP cars not published as standard in PS3 yet?

PS: i found GT PSP car list ;) Will try it and report the result.

ok, below is the list of Standard cars were presented as Premium originally. This list includes "new" standards were published already through OCD:

300 SL Coupe '54
787B Race car '91
Autozam AZ-1 '92
CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST205) '95
CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Camaro Z28 '69
Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Cobra 427 '66
Copen Active Top '02
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91
Elise 111R '04
Enzo Ferrari '02
Esprit V8 '02
Eunos Roadster (NA) '89
Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
F2007
Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (Z32) '89
GT by Citroen Concept '08
GT-R SpecV '09
Golf IV GTI '01
Golf V GTI '05
Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
NSX '91
NSX Type R '02
RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II (R32) '94
SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34) '02
SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88
TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03
Tamora '02
Tuscan Speed 6 '00
XJR-9 LM Race Car '88
efini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91

So, i guess, PD will publish all these cars through OCD little by little.

X2010 5G has 20 colors! I thought it's white-only. Level 25, 8mil cr.
385BHP/8500rpm, 33kgfm/6000rpm, 802pp (not broken-in yet). Other parameters look like other X2010 models.

It doesn't look like DLC. Probably it will be released as a gift, for example as Christmas gift, or New Year's one.

GTP_CargoRat,
Less you know, better you sleep ;)
Yes, i can load hacked save on non-hacked PS3 and go online with any car i've opened. But there is high risk to be discovered by PD and get a ban. It fully depend on PD. If there will be cheaters online then ban wave will sure follow.
So, from some point of view you are right about online. But only from some.
I don't know where are you getting information, but hacked PS3 can access PSN already around 1.5 month.

Lewis_Hamilton_,
yes, there are additional hidden tweaks:

1) 2 additional engine tunes (5 in total)
2) 2 additional turbo stages (5 in total)
3) Clutch: Triple-Plate
4) Flywheel: Racing
5) AYC Controller
6) Large Diameter Rotors + 4(6,8) Piston Calipers
7) Ceramic Carbon Brakes, Brake Balance Controller
8) Tires:
Every kind has 2 types. Like Comfort Hard (C), Comfort Hard (V).
Also, there is Sport Super Soft and Racing Super Soft tires.
so totally 22 types of tires! 8-O
9) Nitro upgrades ;)
10) Additional power improvements (5%,10%,20%)

This is only list of features. It's not exactly implemented in game.
With so many hidden tunings, it's easy to make GT6 from GT5 already, haha :) Probably, PD is testing some new features already. May be it can be unblocked by some special key file, save, or whatever.

Description about C/V tires:

C:
Super-soft sports tires that can also be used for circuit driving. They have high grip even at low temperatures, but suffer from poor durability. Type C tires are designed with an emphasis on horizontal grip.

V:
Super-soft compound sports tires also suitable for race circuit driving. They boast high levels of grip even at low temperatures, but suffer from poor durability. Type V tires are designed with an emphasis on grip in the inline direction.

Both C and V types are not available. Tires we are using, have no any type. Typically it's 3rd kind ;) May be they are equivalent either to C or V, but all three types are listed separately.
Actually, i've counted wrong. Need to add existing 9 tires to the list. So, totally it becomes 31 of types! hehe :)

Well, i've added Racing SS, SS(C), SS(V) tires to inventory. In game, SS has picture if i look into inventory, but SS(C) and SS(V) don't. But all of them i can put into car. If i go to car settings, i see correct tires, but there is no SS option in the middle where you can switch tires. So, if you switch to standard tires then there is no way to switch back to SS.
You need to keep car with SS ;)

here is the picture showing what i mean:

Later i will try to drive with SS tires. This PS3 has no Steering wheel, but only game pad. I cannot use game pad to drive. Probably i need to sleep first anyway :)

May be i need to try other tuning parts later. At least power related tuning effect should be easily visible.

I have Charles Proxy. Couple years ago it was working fine. I've tried it again several days ago, but failed. Setting proxy with SSL is a little bit tricky. At includes certificate replacement on PS3 side, to make it accept certificate of proxy. And certificate should be altered not only in PS3 OS, but also in EBOOT.BIN of GT5 because it also uses SSL to connect PD server. Still, cannot make it work...
I'm not interesting in helmets and suits. Actually, i don't see it except my avatar and drivers page. For me, existing variation is more than enough to choose.

Colors:
i can't decrypt all files. Colors is not coded the way you mentioned. It's coded as index from some database/list which i cannot access yet. So, i cannot modify characteristics of colors.
But i can add any paint chip into my inventory. Also i can fix color list problem where colors with the same name and manufacturer displayed several times making chaos. It's because paints gifted by another user and gifted as a prize/from car treated by GT5 differently. Paints gifted by user also has problem in hue sorting. So, i'm able to fix these problems.

Lewis_Hamilton_, oh, so many questions..
I can change amount of credit i own to any value, let's say 200mil. I didn't explore the limit. Since amount of credit is easily visible online, i prefer not to alter it without a big reason. I cannot chage price of cars and items yet, but it's not important since you can get any car/item without price altering. I cannot alter graphic/sound yet.

AI:
There are predefined AI drivers for B-Spec. Each AI driver has predefined characteristics like stamina, mentality, brake/acceleration ability and so on. I don't know if this also used for A-Spec or not.

Since i've unlocked all cars in dealerships, i can easily check all possible stock colors of any car. So...
There is no Emerald Green of Camaro SS '69. 18 colors in total, and no Emerald Green among them. Only Rallye Green Metallic and Forest Green Metallic.
So, now you can relax and breath freely ;)
It reminds me untrue info about colors of Veyron. I've cycled days till 13000+ and couldn't find some of them. Later, together with other members we concluded that some colors aren't in GT5. Now i can see we were right!

Nope. Didn't find mention about premium version of this car. The codename of this standard car shows that no premium model exists. Why you call it "lost"? Was it in GT5 at beginning and then removed?

i have standard and Academy Edition versions. Both are absolutely identical with one exception: Academy edition has one folder with cumulative patch v2.07 around 2gb. So, the difference is that standard version downloads all updates one by one, while AE just install one huge update from disk (and then download updates starting from 2.08).
I'm sure other versions like XL and Spec II,III also standard versions + cumulative patch to version at release date.
The difference between editions are coupons only. Technically you can use coupons with standard version if you could buy coupons separately.

Found one secret menu in GT5. Among other things, what i found interesting is LAN battle.
Unfortunately, nothing happens if i choose this option. Screen go black, then GT logo, then come back to main menu. May be, some LAN GT5 server required...

it's possible to disable any icon on this main menu. But it kind weird because icon still remains on screen, when you click, it shows "This feature is not available in this version". Too bad.. I would like to get rid of some icons.
Also, would be good to make GT5 start directly to GT Life, but didn't find such option.

Just tested Racing Super Soft tires (all 3 kinds).
Installed it on Lancer Evolution Racing Car and drove on Cape Ring.
Well, although RSS tires have more grip, it's not so drastically better. I've drove Racing Soft (RS) first several laps, then RSS, then came back to RS, then RSS(C), RSS(V), then came back to RS. So, it should eliminate warming up effect. Using RS i could reach 0.6sec behind RSS(C) (which looks the most grippiest kind). Of course style of driving affects times, but from my point of view, there is not a big loss without RSS tires.

I don't know when RSS appeared in GT5. If from beginning, then probably their characteristics are outdated, because PD already tweaked tires several times. There is a chance that RSS didn't tweaked from time they appear.

I'm not sure at 100% how >1mil cars are banned from trade on PD servers, but by some evidence i have, cars banned by their ID, not by price.
It means, PD can stop GTA cars trading even without issuing any update. Just put all GTA cars into banned database by couple mouse clicks on their server.
It only depends on how PD are lazy.

Nothing additionally appears in tuning screen regardless how many hidden upgrades i've installed to car. The only difference you can notice is higher power, lighter weight, tires name (As on screenshot i've posted) and as a result higher PP. So, that's why i didn't pst more screenshots. The only place where u can change tires is screen before race, where you can change Traction/ASM/ABS etc... So, only there you can choose installed additional tire types.
As i've told before, believe me or not - it's up to you. I won't do special effort to prove myself.

Btw, forgot to answer question about my tire tests. So here is more info (i repeat everything, because it's hard to find in over-flooded topic):
Car: Lancer Evolution Racing Car (no any additional tunings besides tires)
Track: Cape Ring (full length)
Best time: 2.30.2 shown on Racing SuperSoft (C). On Racing SOft tires i could achieve only +0.6sec.
Well, i'm not really good driver, but tried at my best :)

Found 2 more types of X2010 5G. One type looks exactly the same as original X2010 5G. Couldn't find any difference. Another type of X2010 5G looks exactly as X2010 S.Vettel. Same livery, same parameters, but called X2010 5G. All of them have different IDs. Weird..
Also, it looks like i've missed somehow BMW Z4 '03 from premium to standard list.

There are additional Corvette C7 in GT5 (diffenet ID from original C7). Same livery with cover, but different name. It comes as Gran Turismo tuner and name XXXXXXX. There is some flag i've found. When you enter GT Life screen, you will get message something like "Congratulations, you have been chosen to test a new car 'XXXXXXX'. blah blah blah" And then you get ticket for this car in delivery truck. Car itself is not DLC (unlike original C7). All parameters are the same.

Yesterday i've tried to find evidence of any additional configuration of RouteX. Unfortunately, didn't find anything except that single config we all know.

Sorry if new findings are not so exciting as previous.. There are fewer and fewer chances to find something i've missed before.

There is parameter in save for money limit, but it doesn't work. Limit there is 2mil only. Probably it has been left from previous GT (GT5P?). I didn't find limit for cars (2000?), but found limit for items (7000). I think, it's not a good idea to increase these limits (except money) as they set to limit memory used for that and avoid performance decrease.

Well, i explored X2010 5G with S.Vettel livery more precisely. And found it as hybrid! With closer look, i found all aero parts are from X2010 5G (enlarged front wings and tail with bigger angles). But from technical characteristics it's original X2010 (1557BHP/1500rpm/979PP). I would say, it's X2010 Prototype because it has adjustable transmission unlike S.Vettel edition. So, It's hybrid from PD with livery from X2010 S.Vettel, X2010 5G wings and X2010 Prototype performance :)
But PD didn't tweak PP for this model as having higher ground force than original X2010.
So, most likely, in driving experience it will be exactly the same as original X2010 Prototype. Just slightly different appearance for photo mode ;)

Btw, there is useful hidden setting in GT5: "don't ask for PSN connection". I found it very useful in cases when PS3 has physical internet connection but PSN is not desirable. So, if i turn on this setting, then GT5 doesn't ask for PSN connect at all. If PS3 already connected to PSN then GT5 simply use it. If no PSN then GT5 just works offline without bothering.

here is hybrid :)

Look at the large front wing. Also look at the tail wing's angle.
You can compare with X2010 S.Vettel you have. This car should have higher PP than X2010 S.Vettel. Should be over 1000pp, i guess. But it still have the same PP as normal S.Vettel's.

btw, X2010 5G is paintable.

Well, it seams possible to simulate seasonal events using secret menu :)

The main option there is limiting opponents by selected favorite opponent cars for arcade mode. There are other options for arcade mode like setup favorite cars (regardless having them in garage), favorite tracks. You can setup PP difference for opponents based on your car's PP.

Answer for predictable question: :)
No, you cannot make race of F10/2007 with other cars. If you choose one of this car, then all opponents will have the same car regardless of settings.

Tried to apply paint to some non-paintable cars. Results are mixed.

1) Chrome Line cars, Stealth models, X2010 Prototype, X2010 Colored - nothing changed in appearance.
2) Camaro SS "Edge Special" - car turned to completely white regardless of color i choose.
3) Cuda 440 - sides become painted, but hood and some other parts become white.
4) FTO Super Touring Car and RX-7 LM Race Car - successfully painted. All stickers remain intact, but cars changed their race numbers. For example painted RX-7 No.202 become No.37. FTO also changed its number (i don't remember which one).
5) Camaro SS'69 - become fully painted, lost the stripes.

Formula Gran Turismo looks fun after painting. Only central part painted.

no matter which version of FGT i paint, it will become the same as on picture (i mean wings, stickers and other parts not painted in chosen color).

I think, in files of GT5 every car has base livery. Other liveries/colors are just applied on top of base. So, if GT5 sees paint applied then it always chooses base color/livery and then applies custom color. That's the only explanation i can imagine.

Couldn't understand fully about wheel painting... I've tried to paint non-paintable wheels. Although i've painted in gold chrome, wheels become shining like chrome (from mate silver) but color is silver, not gold.

It's not for seasonal event. This menu is for arcade mode. You can setup specific cars for opponents to make it behave like seasonal event.

cars will be chosen randomly from list of favorite cars (50 max, iirc). You can choose full random, or PP range based on your PP (but i didn't understand is this range to lower PP or higher, or mixed). You may choose if opponent cars will be from predefined list or any possible.
Cars of opponents will be stock. Not sure about tires because there is no choice of it for opponents.
You also can make predefined list of cars for yourself. They will be stock. You will be able to change only wheels (no other tunings). But if you will import car from your garage (as usual for arcade mode), then you can apply any upgrade.

some screens from secret menu:

i'm not familiar with arcade mode. Secret menu doesn't add anything special for championships.

Yep, secret options look like targeted for demo mode to play in shops.
And yes, you can unlock any car to play in arcade mode. Including vaucher cars: Stealth, Chrome Line, GameStop, Edge

May be this menu can be unlocked by sequence of buttons - i don't know. I've just altered settings directly.

By the way, I've tried X2010 5G in previous seasonal on Spa track. Its PP is overrated a lot! With 700PP I had a hard time to catch even the last car. 5G is good at corners, but completely crap on straights. Not enough power/torque to reach the speed as other cars. Only raining weather let me win. I've installed intermediate tires and used it whole event while bots did 1-2 PITs. On 2J with 700PP i won the event easily.

I would say that the biggest patch that the game has had in terms of forcing users to adjust to would probably be the latest one, where they gave online physics more or less parity with offline physics. And that is a huge change, yes.

Forgive me for snipping your post to death but....

Your entire point about the last patch being the biggest is exactly why I believe the brake patch may be possible.

Unless...

But if PD adds brake fade, it would be a major undertaking. Unless they have done all the legwork already

....PDI began the legwork while GT5 was still in development and pulled the brake upgrade options from the retail copy because it wasn't complete.

The sheer amount of work was something I had not considered prior to this post, so as of now, I am leaning towards the brake upgrades being saved for GT6.👍

Now that I start to see this thread get more like the COD Zombie storyline which is pretty much linking clues and what not, It's safe to say GT5 will never see Spec 3.0 because 2 years and the fanbase has dropped about 35% maybe. So really PD is mainly working on GT6 which means maybe 2014 release date perhaps???

But these tires you speak of on the Lincoln are in no way comparable to the "Racing Super Softs". In fact, not even comparable to a Racing Hard as it's representative of a normal racing slick tire.

Bad comparison.

What? Maybe you should take a look at what I said again;

I'd love to see Super Soft racing tires, and Super Soft sports tires. They exist IRL, my guess is GT6 at the earliest if we even get these types of compound choices.

I have no idea why some picture are not available. Some of them are very new. May be because someone complained? If so, then probably it's better don't re-upload them.

I guess, it's because of too much traffic (too many people looked at the pictures)? You could upload them again, but maybe on a different picture hoster?

Latest Posts

Back