Audi R8 Meets Gran Turismo (inc Nürburgring video footage)

• Thread starter MGR
  • 362 comments

MGR

MGR
Audi R8 Meets Gran Turismo
http://www.yukom-client.de/client_space/audi_gb_08/#/nuerburgring/wirklichkeit-und-illusion/r8

Interview in PDF document on website (using web translator)

FIVE QUESTIONS ON KAZUNORI YAMAUCHI The senior Vice President of SonyComputer entertainment is Schöpferder Gran Turismo Reihe.Die

Diagram of „GT5 Prologue “is unbelievable realistic. What kannman at this play still-improve?
Kazunori Yamauchi: GT5wird a larger selection of vehicles and-stretch offer. And willal more feature fürOnline Communitys to order. In addition we work with high pressure on a lifenear diagram representation for rains and Night.

How do you create it to transfer the cars so realistically indas to play?
In order graphically in such a way to copy from cars that they resemble injeder position their model, brauchenwir the genuine models. With the AUDI R8 was heavy esbesonders to reproduce high-quality Materialiendes of interior. Also with that Body was not simple it, the level, this unbelievable precision to express.

Not only the cars, also each individual Baumam Nürburgring similar sees to his material Gegenparterschreckend. Do such details affect the play behavior?
We have largest respect for characteristic Kraft of the cars and also nature. Therefore we regard each detail very carefully - also if it is only one shrubs at the edge of the racing course. Our passion and our employment fall perhaps not always immediately up, but they affect under-consciously each player.

Which play variants can expect the fans of GTschon soon?
We work on, also weather changes which can affect a running to copy. And also damage to we soon to simulate can.

Do we dare a view into far future which Gran Turismo 9 everything will offer?
It falls me heavily to far-foresee the developments in such a way. Gran Turismo grows with that automobile industry. If we regard the future vonGT, we regard always also the future that automobile industry.

2cwx1r8.jpg

2hdbcxg.jpg

2e3mn1s.jpg

k9z11h.jpg

21432gj.jpg

2e49ilx.jpg

28gqph5.jpg

21jrkoy.jpg

The acknowledgment of weather is news indeed. But an R8 4.2 FSI running on the Northern Loop is not. During last year's ADAC 24h Rennen there was a booth set up for spectators to play. It features the GT5:P cars playing an upscaled version of the GT4 model Nordschleife (same as what PD did with Fuji and Suzuka, they aren't new track models, they are the same ones from GT4.)

Pictures look stunning!!!

Which play variants can expect the fans of GTschon soon?
We work on, also weather changes which can affect a running to copy. And also damage to we soon to simulate can.

I am pleased WEATHER and NIGHT will be in GT5, and as well damage!

It features the GT5:P cars playing an upscaled version of the GT4 model Nordschleife (same as what PD did with Fuji and Suzuka, they aren't new track models, they are the same ones from GT4.)
If the track model from GT4 is accurate to within a centimeter or less, I think that's more than good enough. But these graphics look brand new. Color me excited.

oh boy oh boy oh boy..haha, hopefully weather and day/night change...about damge, as i said on another post, its not that big deal to me...now i have to wait for a good modification/livery options

Saving my money up for the PS3 and GT5.

Cars I could never afford at speeds I could never attain in real life.

The acknowledgment of weather is news indeed. But an R8 4.2 FSI running on the Northern Loop is not. During last year's ADAC 24h Rennen there was a booth set up for spectators to play. It features the GT5:P cars playing an upscaled version of the GT4 model Nordschleife (same as what PD did with Fuji and Suzuka, they aren't new track models, they are the same ones from GT4.)
GT4 tracks still destroy most next gen racing sims in terms of accuracy so I hope you meant that in a positive way. :)

You have to experience the true awesomeness when your G25 shakes when you go over a `bump` in the game that you never felt when using a controller, it`s really something.

So suzuka is an upscaled version of the track from gt4?, i didn't know that, does that mean it will be revamped for gt5, surely they won't use assets from the dated gt4 in gt5. Having said that gt4 prologue and gt4 didn't really look any different to me graphically so i expect gt5 to look the same as prologue, maybe just changes to the time of day (like they did in motorstorm 2 after the demo) to make the lighting look better for a particular track. I mean the HDR on london track is awfull, some buildings look like they are being hit by a giant spotlight.

So suzuka is an upscaled version of the track from gt4?, i didn't know that, does that mean it will be revamped for gt5, surely they won't use assets from the dated gt4 in gt5. Having said that gt4 prologue and gt4 didn't really look any different to me graphically so i expect gt5 to look the same as prologue, maybe just changes to the time of day (like they did in motorstorm 2 after the demo) to make the lighting look better for a particular track. I mean the HDR on london track is awfull, some buildings look like they are being hit by a giant spotlight.
what kind of revamp do you want? They measured everything down to the width of a guard rail for all the tracks in GT4 to make sure the tracks are as close to 100% realistic as possible. At this point all they can do is add better textures and lighting... which they have done, for GT5P. Maybe 3D trees and better grass, but that's really to appease the people who don't actually get GT to drive, but to stop and nitpick.

A revamp is only needed when the object in question is a piece of crap, something which GT4 tracks are not. Revamping for the sake of revamping will only waste everyone's time. If you thought Suzuka looked insanely good before, don't let the fact that it's "basically a PS2 game track with upscaled textures" make you think it looks bad, because you'll only be doing a disservice to yourself.

what kind of revamp do you want? They measured everything down to the width of a guard rail for all the tracks in GT4 to make sure the tracks are as close to 100% realistic as possible. At this point all they can do is add better textures and lighting... which they have done, for GT5P. Maybe 3D trees and better grass, but that's really to appease the people who don't actually get GT to drive, but to stop and nitpick.

A revamp is only needed when the object in question is a piece of crap, something which GT4 tracks are not. Revamping for the sake of revamping will only waste everyone's time. If you thought Suzuka looked insanely good before, don't let the fact that it's "basically a PS2 game track with upscaled textures" make you think it looks bad, because you'll only be doing a disservice to yourself.

I aint complaining to me suz looks fine,im just saying i hope gt5s consistent with it's track quality rather than some looking next gen and some looking hd versions of gt4. On the other hand fuji to me looks like crap, the graphics in gt5 are good but come on, people who think its even close to photorealistic need their eyes checking.

wtf? :

r8_001.jpg

r8_002.jpg

You guys see any differences? :confused::odd::eek:

that above picture.. doesn't seems like 'real' vid.. more like a game perhaps?

for reference:

r8_003.jpg

Whoa - good catch, Timppaq. I watched the video at 5:09, and that doesn't look right at all. Perhaps we are looking at some type of simulator not related to GT, but why would they do that?

I aint complaining to me suz looks fine,im just saying i hope gt5s consistent with it's track quality rather than some looking next gen and some looking hd versions of gt4. On the other hand fuji to me looks like crap, the graphics in gt5 are good but come on, people who think its even close to photorealistic need their eyes checking.

There's always someone who just have to ruin it for everyone else. The trick is the rest of us knows how to put things in perspective.

I ain't complaining to me Suzuka looks fine. I'm just saying- I hope GT5P is more consistent with it's track quality rather than some looking next gen and some looking like an HD versions of GT4. On the other hand Fuji to me looks like crap. The graphics in GT5P are good but come on. People who think that it's even close to photorealistic need their eyes checking.

I went ahead and correct you post. I've got my share of s**t for posting half-assed. Now it's my turn to be nasty :)

Last edited:
wtf? :
You guys see any differences? :confused::odd::eek:

I think uper pic is real pic, but game footage shown clearly shows they've used dusk-setting for Nurburgring, as shown on in-game pic below.

However, we can only speculate that game will finally bring back different day-settings for tracks, as it was hinted in GT3 (reverse tracks had different settings than in "normal") but abandoned in GT4.

I think uper pic is real pic, but game footage shown clearly shows they've used dusk-setting for Nurburgring, as shown on in-game pic below.

However, we can only speculate that game will finally bring back different day-settings for tracks, as it was hinted in GT3 (reverse tracks had different settings than in "normal") but abandoned in GT4.

Well I'm pretty certain that it's not a real car @ a real track (more obvious in the vid). But the dusk looks just great 👍

wtf? :

Looks real enough to me, just blury and dark (maybe because of the car motion). Look at the sticker on the windscreen (bottom-right), I doubt a sticker like that would be in a game.

the lightning is just plain wrong. It's clearly visible comparing the two first pics in the earlier post.

There is also the same 'thing' in another point in the vid:

r8_004.jpg

r8_001.jpg

identical lightning.. real vid.. or not.

I do think it looks a little odd but I do believe it is a real pic.

could be inside a driving simulator, where your inside a car but using a sim like GT5 for video

Wow. Variable weather is what I have been waiting for for the longest time. My day has already been made. :D

Looks like we will be getting damage for race cars.👍

On another note, the ring looks great.

could be inside a driving simulator, where your inside a car but using a sim like GT5 for video

I hope so, because then that would be the new build of the ring, and it surely would look gorgeus. 👍 :)

Back