Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Hurricane43
Hello to All,

Just wanted to make a thread and gather other people's set up for GT5, so when we are racing we will be able to say, ahhh that's Hurricane43 set-up, not to shabby.

So post your hard worked, hard earned, set up & man cave, which you will be racing in GT5.

Here's my new set up, i am ready to burn it up and now all i need is a fridge next to me and i'm ready to go. :)

cimg4090.th.jpg

Lets make this a contest:)

Win topic. All I've got is a DFGT mounted on coffee table + 26" flatscreen. But it has served me well through the years, never had a single problem with it.

12631_1255870244678_1467240072_30709792_6305673_n.jpg

Old picture, but you get the idea. Screen looks small, but its ~6' wide.

Infocus X9 projector
3x KRK ST6 monitors up front
HK AVR 435 Receiver
Crappy sub and surrounds ;)

This thread should probably be moved to the Steering Wheels/Cockpits Forum, but man I love to see everyone's setups. Will post mine later

This could be put in the Wheels and Cotpits section, just because you can now make a thread in the gt5 section doesn't mean its obligitory.

I have a Logitech DFGT mounted on a little table and I'm getting a Wheel Stand Pro on the weekend. :dopey: I also have a 32" Hisense 1080P TV with no surround sound yet. :(

Win topic. All I've got is a DFGT mounted on coffee table + 26" flatscreen. But it has served me well through the years, never had a single problem with it.

Thanks much, sounds like a very good set up you got.

@ trk29 awesome set up, is that a chair from my F150 lol.

Also eric and kelch very nice.

No pictures of mine at the moment but I can give a basic description.
37 " LCD about 4 feet from sitting position.
PWTS Wheel mounted to a 1x8 board which attaches to a U-Shaped workcenter. Removeable when using the computer.
Custom wooden platform for holding the pedals, elevated and angled for comfort.
High back reclining office chair.

Overall feel of the sitting position is close to the same as my car [2001 Mustang]

This started as a temp solution but it works so well I may just leave it as is.

A shot of my wheel, a wide one of the room, and one of the screen.
Pardon my mess, but it's a man cave, not a 'sometimes I vacuum' cave.

The screen is a front-projected 102-inches.
Wheel is a G25 with a Wheelstand Pro.
On top of it is my Playstation Eye and an IR light for face tracking in the dark.

Last edited:
This could be put in the Wheels and Cotpits section, just because you can now make a thread in the gt5 section doesn't mean its obligitory.

I think you need to relax, just because someone is new and didnt know you should be more of a, helper than nuisance.feel bad for you.

34' Sony HDTV(4-5 years old now)
Sony Surround System(Around 8 years old but still sounds great!)
Homemade wheelstand(works well but will need some rubber on the bottom)
22 year-old La-z-boy recliner(I wish my car seat was this comfortable)
GT3RSv2 with ClubSport pedals
wheelstand_setup_front_view_by_nlck09-d302xpa.jpg

wheelstand_setup_left_view_by_nlck09-d302uqv.jpg

The only thing that needs improvement is my wheelstand. It does move while I race but not as much as it used to when it was 2" higher in height. Love the look of wood grains in black.

HOOOOOOOOOOLY S$·&$·"
Sorry about that, but, is so amazing guys.

I'm preparing a cockpit for the father of my fiancee for Christmas (he plays GT5P with me aaaaaall the time, as well as GT PSP and GT4) and seeing things like this made me cry...

Anyway, amazing jobe!

A big hug.

Eager Snake.

This is my cockpit. As for a "man cave", well... I just don't have one. A game room, yes; But, it's not "mine". In fact, I think the mrs has her girlfriends over for wine and guy talk more then I do guys for billiards and beer!

I voted 'Good' as it is really a Playseat Evolution with a DFGT, still, the Playseat Evolution is one of my favourite seats and the DFGT is a pretty wheel (and good). Still, it is a good set up but many can still have it That is why, for me, it isn't 'Awesome'.

Eric, how comfortable it that alcantara seat, because, for the price, wont they use thin layers?

Nice SNES. Way to keep it old school. Here I thought I was the only one who kept his old stuff hooked up.

Thanks. From time to time I do feel like playing Top Gear on it just for the sake of childhood, even though when I was a kid I could only finish the first country(I can finish the second one now but that's it). I'm just way to attached to my old games so I will never sell any.

The only things that are different about the room is that I took the parts from my NES-PC(recliner arm blocked it from view in the first picture) and moved them to a new computer case(old power supply was failing and I was tried of working around my makeshift computer case). New spot for the PC is right on the subwoofer and I put the shell of the NES on top of the cable box as a decoration.

This reminds me, I should race some more in GT5:P before GT5 comes out.

wow Bugman, nice! How big is the screen? Have fun with gt5!

Thanks Benz :)

This one a 42". It's an Olevia, it has got a super fast refresh rate and spectacular color. I highly suggest it to anyone, period. It blows my LG and Samsung away. Oh, and it was a little less expensive!

Thanks Benz :)

This one a 42". It's an Olevia, it has got a super fast refresh rate and spectacular color. I highly suggest it to anyone, period. It blows my LG and Samsung away. Oh, and it was a little less expensive!

I had a 40" Olevia (5 series, black). It was a good telly. Mine only had a 5ms response time, and 60hz refresh rate though.

;)

Thanks much, sounds like a very good set up you got.

@ trk29 awesome set up, is that a chair from my F150 lol.

Also eric and kelch very nice.

Ford Focus is what I was told it was out of. Bought it for $10 bucks at the junkyard.

Back